Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

jadmt

Reaction score
I think that is a decent price. I have a Dethloff rack being built and an existing Roofnest Falcon XL that I will be fitting to it and I think its right along there in terms of costs. Maybe more.
If your thinking fridge and solar add some cross bars.
View attachment 17667
it came with cross bars but I had to pull them so it fit in my garage. I have had an ARB 50 for years. I run right from the battery and have never had an issue but I getting ready to pull the plug on a Jackery 1000

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
KM3s? I have been extremely impressed with every rig I’ve seen running them. I don’t have a set, so I can’t speak for their road manners, but they are some grippy tires.
Yes, KM3. Feel fine on the road. Initial bite from the brakes is now lacking. Probably from the size and weight of the new tire.

Coming from road racing this is important to me so I’ll be looking at a more aggressive brake pad. Good excuse to flush the brake fluid with some Motul RB600 fluid while I’m at it.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
it came with cross bars but I had to pull them so it fit in my garage. I have had an ARB 50 for years. I run right from the battery and have never had an issue but I getting ready to pull the plug on a Jackery 1000
That sounds about the same as how I run mine. I have the ARB slide for the 50, the one with the battery spot on it. Fits a Goal Zero 500x perfectly. So I charge the 500 which then powers the fridge. Looking forward to how you get your setup all dialed in.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Great pics! Did you make the 4-wheel inflation system?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Bought it from MORRFlat.

I looked at piecing together a kit myself, but after estimating costs it would not have saved me much money at all and the fittings would not have been as nice

dave41079

Reaction score
I had some KM3s on my 4R for a while, they did great. Way tougher sidewall than the KM2s, but the KM2s were better in rocks...until you sliced a sidewall.

Wobly

Reaction score
View attachment 17980just had the Thuren 1.5” front springs along with the softer rear springs and shocks installed , 35” tires on17” manx2 wheels waiting on a set of custom sliders to be built so I can get rid of the rhino side steps.
What shocks did you get installed? How does it ride compared to the stock suspension?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Username checks out

haha just yanking your chain
41 years a sailor riding Navy ships. 21 years of it active duty. Crossed the equator 4 times. Went thru the Shellback initation in '86 onboard the USS Halsey (CG 23)

So yea, a bit Crusty and earned those gray hairs. I sailed around the world in '86.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
41 years a sailor riding Navy ships. 21 years of it active duty. Crossed the equator 4 times. Went thru the Shellback initation in '86 onboard the USS Halsey (CG 23)

So yea, a bit Crusty and earned those gray hairs. I sailed around the world in '86.

Thank you for your service!! I’m a fellow shellback and a Bluenose, but crossed those in preparation of raping Mother Earth for her valuable resources! Crossed the Pacific several times. Definitely, the worst of the waters, in my experience. I’ve done some crew changes in places people only dream of! Hawaii, twice, Cairns, Australia, Dutch Harbor, AK, Barrow, AK, Subic Bay, Philippines, Brisbane, Australia! Several others including every “armpit” of Louisiana, haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
What really screws everybody up is crossing the damn dateline!! We have daily corporate reporting that got screwed up EVERY TIME we crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yep, golden dragon. I did 4 west pac's. First wound up being a global run. Got my order of Mallegin.
Thanks for your service as well Brother. Been to a lot of the same places. Plus Mombasa Kenya, Diego Garcia, St. Kitts, Benadorme Spain. Just to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread