Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

RHINO69

Reaction score
Probably, although physics dictate that the vehicle weight has a big impact. But I see that tires with a higher sidewall might need less.
I've got the "standard" 275/55R20. So certainly quite a bit away from a 35/12.5R17.
Ah, yeah a small tire on 20s will definitely require more pressure than a bigger tire on a smaller wheel. I have 37X12.50R17s on my PW.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Sorry if you mentioned this elsewhere, any rubbing or trimming with this setup?
yes, the tire rubs on the plastic at the back of the wheel well. I'll eventually trim it, or relocated it, but it hasn't bothered me enough yet to worry about.

pyrorobert

Reaction score
View attachment 41611

My 75th Anniversary on 37s.

37x13.5x17 Toyo Open Country MTs
Method x CJC Offroad 704's Designed for the Ram HD.

Minor rubbing offroad if I flex and turn with the swaybar disconnected.
Just wondering, did you fit these with no lift and just a little rubbing. I truly want 37s, but I am not ready to lift it yet. Didn't want to settle for 35s right now. Thanks

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

DrTron

Reaction score
I truly want 37s, but I am not ready to lift it yet. Didn't want to settle for 35s right now. Thanks
Dunno, these pictures show me clearly that I want 35's, and no 37's. Looks too disproportionate to me, but as always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: @JC

1964PW

Reaction score
Finally got to a point where the Duratracs were far enough gone. Probably should have waited but got a good price on the Baja Boss ATs. The truck will be retired from daily driving here before too long, going mud terrains next. 315/70/17s

Attachments

• 20220806_200455~3.jpg
    20220806_200455~3.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 20220806_200441~2.jpg
    20220806_200441~2.jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 20220806_200426~2.jpg
    20220806_200426~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 243

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Looks Great!
Finally got to a point where the Duratracs were far enough gone. Probably should have waited but got a good price on the Baja Boss ATs. The truck will be retired from daily driving here before too long, going mud terrains next. 315/70/17s

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Just wondering, did you fit these with no lift and just a little rubbing. I truly want 37s, but I am not ready to lift it yet. Didn't want to settle for 35s right now. Thanks

If you truly want 37s then go with 37's. There are lot of merits for going with 35's, but you will regret it in the long run if you are set on 37s. There is light rubbing if you mount the 37s to appropriate aftermarket wheels and a lot of guys on here, myself included run 37s with no lift. A lot of us actually wheel the truck too.

IowaPW

Reaction score
Love it!!

1964PW

Reaction score
Tiresize.com says:
Diameter : 34.4"
Width : 12.4"

So not too far from 35/12.5/17.
M/T shows the 35/12.5/17 as the same OD as the 315s. I wanted the E load range so I went metric. Still need to get out there tonight, set the air pressure and measure the circumference and diameter. Hoping to get the size changed with AlphaOBD 1st time go.

DrTron

Reaction score
measure the circumference and diameter.
I think you don't need the diameter, just the circumference. For that, I'd get a spotter, put a piece of tape on the lowest part of the tire where it touches the ground, mark that spot on the ground, drive exactly one revolution and measure the distance between the first mark on the ground and where the tape is now. If you want to improve accuracy, drive five revolutions and divide by five. That should get it pretty close, but I think one revolution is close enough.
AlphaOBD might need the circumference in Millimeters, though.

MTNORCA

Reaction score

No lift, minor rubbing offroad with full turn and sway bar disconnected. You need to get the right offset wheel. AEV and Method make specific offsets for the rams for this reason

pyrorobert

Reaction score
If you truly want 37s then go with 37's. There are lot of merits for going with 35's, but you will regret it in the long run if you are set on 37s. There is light rubbing if you mount the 37s to appropriate aftermarket wheels and a lot of guys on here, myself included run 37s with no lift. A lot of us actually wheel the truck too.
Yes, for sure. I've had it for 5 months now and have taken it to desert and I did Broken Arrow in Sedona, AZ. Not truly afraid to wheel it. Thanks.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Yes, for sure. I've had it for 5 months now and have taken it to desert and I did Broken Arrow in Sedona, AZ. Not truly afraid to wheel it. Thanks.

A fav of mine. I live 10 minutes from that trail. The rubbing is really not an issue. Power is still fantastic, Gas mileage still sucks, and a power wagon in 37s is perfect

pyrorobert

Reaction score
No lift, minor rubbing offroad with full turn and sway bar disconnected. You need to get the right offset wheel. AEV and Method make specific offsets for the rams for this reason
Sounds good, thanks.

RHINO69

Reaction score
Front Kings went on yesterday. Still waiting for the rears to show up. RSI Smartcap, iKamper and Rigd swingout tire carrier going on this week. Also currently wiring up a Redarc BCDC1225D auxiliary battery charger with a Northstar Group 31 AGM battery to power the ARB Elements fridge and ARB twin compressor. Fridge will be mounted in the bed, with just basic tie downs. Nothin' fancy there, yet. ARB compressor will be mounted under the passenger seat.

Does anyone know if our trucks have "smart alternators"? Need to know, for when I wire this BCDC1225D up.
pw.jpg

Quick

Reaction score
Front Kings went on yesterday. Still waiting for the rears to show up. RSI Smartcap, iKamper and Rigd swingout tire carrier going on this week. Also currently wiring up a Redarc BCDC1225D auxiliary battery charger with a Northstar Group 31 AGM battery to power the ARB Elements fridge and ARB twin compressor. Fridge will be mounted in the bed, with just basic tie downs. Nothin' fancy there, yet. ARB compressor will be mounted under the passenger seat.

Does anyone know if our trucks have "smart alternators"? Need to know, for when I wire this BCDC1225D up.
View attachment 42707

Great looking truck. Yes, on the "smart alternators" question. Different platform (Jeep 392), but I had to hook up the ignition sense wire on my BCDC1225 to get it to maintain the battery appropriately.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your setup with the RSI cap and tent!

RHINO69

Reaction score
Great looking truck. Yes, on the "smart alternators" question. Different platform (Jeep 392), but I had to hook up the ignition sense wire on my BCDC1225 to get it to maintain the battery appropriately.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your setup with the RSI cap and tent!
Awesome, thank you. Where did you tap the blue wire into? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread