Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Quick

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you. Where did you tap the blue wire into? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
As mentioned it was a different platform, but in the Jeep there is an ignition wire in the aux switch bundle.

For the PW, If I had to install one today, I would likely put a fuse tap in the PDC under the hood. Check out @Fishnerd build thread for examples of how some folks have done it (and how I'm planning on doing it for my switch pros setup)

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you. Where did you tap the blue wire into? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I did this on my Power Wagon. Once the rain stops I will grab you a picture. And the fuse I tapped is on with ignition, off without.

RHINO69

Reaction score
Ran wire through here, red arrow. Made small hole then sealed with silicone around wire. Tapped in F90 or F91. Whatever one is the switched power.

View attachment 42708
BB3430AF-5CB9-4C5C-8EBC-88EDC6779E07.jpeg

Awesome. Thanks. And just to confirm, the 10A (circled in white) is the spot you used, but used a 20A instead of the 10A that was there?

Or did you go to the 20A to the left of the circled 10A, and the fuse tap is just covering that circled 10A?

Thanks again!

DrTron

Reaction score
Never replace a fuse with one with a higher amperage.
I'd guess he used the 20A, you can just replace it with the fuse tap and insert the removed fuse there. Not that you would need a lot of amperage for the control circuit of the compressor.

Andersen24

Reaction score
Front Kings went on yesterday. Still waiting for the rears to show up. RSI Smartcap, iKamper and Rigd swingout tire carrier going on this week. Also currently wiring up a Redarc BCDC1225D auxiliary battery charger with a Northstar Group 31 AGM battery to power the ARB Elements fridge and ARB twin compressor. Fridge will be mounted in the bed, with just basic tie downs. Nothin' fancy there, yet. ARB compressor will be mounted under the passenger seat.

Does anyone know if our trucks have "smart alternators"? Need to know, for when I wire this BCDC1225D up.
View attachment 42707
DUDE! That is looking bad a$$! Love seeing what you’re doing with it!!!

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
View attachment 42736

Awesome. Thanks. And just to confirm, the 10A (circled in white) is the spot you used, but used a 20A instead of the 10A that was there?

Or did you go to the 20A to the left of the circled 10A, and the fuse tap is just covering that circled 10A?

Thanks again!
So your looking at the wrong fuse. Look at this one. Shuffling it left or right changes how its works. Red Circle. Stays 20amp.
1660615337282.png

RHINO69

Reaction score
So your looking at the wrong fuse. Look at this one. Shuffling it left or right changes how its works. Red Circle. Stays 20amp.
View attachment 42758
Got it. Thanks. Looks like the fuse tapper I bought is the wrong size (too big). Do you happen to know what size fuse that is? I’m going to have to order one.

And does it have to be a 20A rating or will 10A be fine?

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks. Looks like the fuse tapper I bought is the wrong size (too big). Do you happen to know what size fuse that is? I’m going to have to order one.

And does it have to be a 20A rating or will 10A be fine?
This is the one I bought. Also the current fuse is a 20amp. So I kept it 20 and I would not change it. But lucky for you and I the new one has fuses included.

RHINO69

Reaction score
After realizing that 20A spot can actually accommodate two different fuse sizes, the tapper I have does fit. But I’m a bit confused because even with engine off, I am getting 12.88V at the tapper. This doesn’t seem right?
This is the one I bought. Also the current fuse is a 20amp. So I kept it 20 and I would not change it. But lucky for you and I the new one has fuses included.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
So when properly patched in it only supports the fuses I linked. Fuses have to be Micro2. I can also confirm with testing that its either switched or not. If you look at the cover of the box it shows the two different options with the fuses. I can get some more pics if you need them in the AM or message me direct.

leaf001

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Black Rhino Arsenal or Armory wheels? They're 18 in rather than 17's like AEV's.

MTNORCA

Reaction score
Sheesh this is perfect. What offset wheels did you get? How much do they stick out?

They are a +18.

Method and CJC offroad partnered up on this specific wheel. You can't buy it from anyone aside from CJC offroad (not even method). They fit perfect, and stick out a tiny bit. maybe 3/4 an inch?

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
They are a +18.

Method and CJC offroad partnered up on this specific wheel. You can't buy it from anyone aside from CJC offroad (not even method). They fit perfect, and stick out a tiny bit. maybe 3/4 an inch?

Beautiful thanks man. Do you happen to know the offset on the factory wheels? I couldn’t find a straight answer when googling it.

Users who are viewing this thread