Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Finally found tires. 37x13.50 Toyo Open Country MT's on 18x9 +18 Method 305NV's. Can't wait to get it back on some trails.

View attachment 36483
Wish I had a truck that nice when I was in high school! I had an 89 Volvo

Joking aside: I saw a TRX parked at “student parking” at Brookwood high school last Monday, next to bimmers etc. I guess still the rich kids school.. I didn’t go there lol

TrailWhale

Reaction score
It took me a minute, but I got it. Hahaha.

Actually took advantage of a nice weekend and did the suspension as well. Thuren 1.5" front springs with Thuren Overland shocks. BIG shoutout to @TrailWhale for helping me get this done. The install went really smoothly and nobody died, so I call that a huge win. The truck is really coming together.

View attachment 36521

I only helped for the free beer!

Joking aside: I saw a TRX parked at “student parking” at Brookwood high school last Monday, next to bimmers etc. I guess still the rich kids school.. I didn’t go there lol

Man, I couldn't imagine letting my kids drive a TRX to school...or ever lol

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
It took me a minute, but I got it. Hahaha.

Actually took advantage of a nice weekend and did the suspension as well. Thuren 1.5" front springs with Thuren Overland shocks. BIG shoutout to @TrailWhale for helping me get this done. The install went really smoothly and nobody died, so I call that a huge win. The truck is really coming together.

View attachment 36521
The Red tow hooks are absolutely awesome. Just like Trailwhales truck, thats on the shortlist of mods to do.

austins_dreams

Reaction score

If somehow I had a TRX in high school, there's a very good chance I would have wrapped it around a tree on the way to school.

I only helped for the free beer!

Man, I couldn't imagine letting my kids drive a TRX to school...or ever lol
Well, I still owe you. Let me know when you're ready to rip those fenders for the Prospector conversion and I'll come back down. :D

The Red tow hooks are absolutely awesome. Just like Trailwhales truck, thats on the shortlist of mods to do.
I definitely agree. There are two bolts per hook (just above those stubby crash bars behind the bumper). We yanked the hooks and sprayed them a few times while working on the other items. Pretty sure Trailwhale is starting a trend...:D

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Another shot right before we pulled the stock suspension out.

08f39a222b28a5b1da4d8939f6e69bcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austins_dreams

Reaction score
Another shot right before we pulled the stock suspension out.

08f39a222b28a5b1da4d8939f6e69bcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ride is definitely better. Need to tweak the drag link just a bit to get the steering wheel dead on. And I think it's definitely time for a steering stabilizer and trackbar upgrade.

The wife has confirmed that the truck is officially too tall for her to see into now.

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
If somehow I had a TRX in high school, there's a very good chance I would have wrapped it around a tree on the way to school.

Well, I still owe you. Let me know when you're ready to rip those fenders for the Prospector conversion and I'll come back down. :D

I definitely agree. There are two bolts per hook (just above those stubby crash bars behind the bumper). We yanked the hooks and sprayed them a few times while working on the other items. Pretty sure Trailwhale is starting a trend...:D
Ok. I NEED to do the tow hooks. What is the paint you guys are using?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score

In high school,
All the cool kids had Muscle cars. Camaro's, Nova's and Impala's, all from the 60's and 70's. I had a '68 Impala SS as my first car.
But I graduated in '79. :cool: No one cared about beamers back then.

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
Finally got the tires on. (OEM on top/35’s+ a nice coat of pollen on bottom)

Went with the metric (315/70R17E) Ridge Grapplers due to availability issues locally with the 35x12.5x17’s and also still trying to fit in garage to thaw out in winter.
As you can see in the pics, yes the difference between a 34.41” tire and a 34.76” does matter in my garage. My shop had to get these 4 from 3 different suppliers in GA, NV and OH. Crazy.

Nitto’s are actually quieter on the road than the Duratracs and definitely look like they belong on the truck more than the 33’s. Looking forward to trying the new rig out up on some forest roads were we take the JKU up at our camp in North Central Pa.

Mopar splash guards do fit the PW by the way. 2-sided tape would work better sticking them to the flares if you did it before the whole truck was ceramic coated too. Doh!

CC4547AC-0D68-402B-9249-24E9190FB970.jpeg
01157376-6AA7-44F0-B626-7FE36B345F71.jpeg6A714AC0-A22C-4554-8A69-934112321FF1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread