Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jump Seat to Console Swap Process

Rogue 2500

Reaction score
I’m working on a plug n play short adapter harness solution right now with member Wmattert, and I’ll have enough of the connector parts left over to make about 5 of these adapters. This will get power to the rear heated/vented seat switches, the missing Lin bus wire (if it’s missing from the XY360 connector) that’s necessary for the rear heated seat switches and wireless charge pad, and all missing circuits so the front and rear USB media hubs will function 100%.
I would be interested in how this turns out. Please let me know.

Rogue 2500

Reaction score
I forgot to give an update here for my swap. I got my console in a few days ago and everything is working 100%.

For the wiring in the front coming out of the dash I had my mechanic splice in some wires extending the connectors out to meet the console. The square plug on the left that plugs into the USB/Aux port and the square plug on the right that plugs into the power socket were extended. The USB mini plug I bought a 2' extension cable off amazon. MAKE SURE the USB extension cable you buy is a 5 wire cable. A lot of USB extension cables only have 2 wires inside and will only transfer power (like for charging a phone) but wont transfer data so your apple car play/android auto wont work.

For the wiring to the rear ports and USB port under the armrest I bought a jump seat harness (part# 68484690AA). This plugged into the connector under the drivers seat and powered up all the rear ports no problem.
Glad to hear you got it worked out. Couple of things...
Did you get any pictures?
Did the jump seat harness (part# 68484690AA) have a connector for the USB inside the storage bin?
Can you please paste the URL from Amazon for the 5 wire USB extension cables for other members to find?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Anyone have the part number for the entire center console for a 2021 Big Horn 2500? After doing some searching, I’m seeing part # 5YM331X7AG but am curious if I’m missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Anyone have the part number for the entire center console for a 2021 Big Horn 2500? After doing some searching, I’m seeing part # 5YM331X7AG but am curious if I’m missing something.

That part number is just for the lid/armrest assembly. If you are putting together the entire center console from scratch, you will need all 23 parts from that parts diagram that the lid is in.

Reaction score
That part number is just for the lid/armrest assembly. If you are putting together the entire center console from scratch, you will need all 23 parts from that parts diagram that the lid is in.

Got it! Thank you for clarifying Jimmy07

Reaction score
Looking for someone that has a console from a 2021 Big Horn 2500 with Black Interior. I have a jump seat and need a console.

01Time

Reaction score
Anyone modified a console for 5th gen to work around manual transfer lever ?
Edit: I found a thread where a 4th Gen HD floor console was installed on a '19 HD with a manual transfer shifter on the floor. I looks to be the most reasonable option with the floor shifter. Unless someone one day decides to cut into one of the full center consoles to see if the shifter can exist and be functional in driver's side pocket area, that 4th Gen floor console might be the only option.

Last edited:

2017RAM

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this Forum but I'm searching for a center jump seat hopefully Laramie as I have a 2017 RAM 2500 Limited center console black leather.

cmcorf201

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie 2500, black leather finish with center console. I am in need of a matching jump seat in central NY, willing to travel a few hours if necessary. To be clear, in order to do this conversion, the only component needed is the center console/jump seat. The driver and passenger bucket seats remain?

cmcorf201

Reaction score
Have jump seat. Would like console. Where are you located?
I have a Laramie console, are you still looking to swap? I saw you are in Raleigh NC. I am in upstate NY. Shipping can't be too difficult, are you interested?

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I have a Laramie console, are you still looking to swap? I saw you are in Raleigh NC. I am in upstate NY. Shipping can't be too difficult, are you interested?
Just the other day I had 6 people in my truck. I am not gonna do the swap now.

Therapy

Reaction score
I'm in California and interested in a center console for my 2021 2500 Laramie. Anybody interested in a swap?

Users who are viewing this thread