Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jump Seat to Console Swap Process

Randrx2

Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking to swap my 2021 Tradesman center jump seat for a center console. Anyone willing that is semi-close to Nashville?

jaydenm80

Reaction score
I have a jump seat, dash storage tray, and trim pieces if someone is interested.

Jbrown1602

Reaction score
I have a 2019 tradesman with jump seat. (Black interior) Would like to posibly swap for console. I'm in north Texas/southern Oklahoma area

Jbrown1602

Reaction score
Also, did anyone figure out if the 1500 consoles are different from the HDs?

Spitshine606

Reaction score
For all those with center consoles and looking to trade for a jump seat- still available out of my 2022 Laramie NE 2500. Perfect condition. I'm located in Texas. Your console needs to be in near same condition as my jump seat for an even swap. Willing to drive a bit (half way) to facilitate.

Amgra232

Reaction score
Anyone near Arizona I have a jump seat for trade, I am looking for a center console

jamesturner

Reaction score
Ok guys so first list but I’ve been leeching off the site for a while now. FYI I’ve got a 2019 tradesman. I just got a limited console and I’m wondering if anyone has got the 120v outlets working on their new console. Also does anyone have the part numbers handy for both the front and back brackets for mounting?

MtnRider

Reaction score
Ok guys so first list but I’ve been leeching off the site for a while now. FYI I’ve got a 2019 tradesman. I just got a limited console and I’m wondering if anyone has got the 120v outlets working on their new console. Also does anyone have the part numbers handy for both the front and back brackets for mounting?

Did you get the inverter with it? You'll need that for starters

jamesturner

Reaction score
Did you get the inverter with it? You'll need that for starters

Ok that answers that question. I knew there had to be more to it than just plug it in and go. I wasn’t sure if the trucks were made ready for that or not. Is there an easy way to add the inverter if ordered or is that to intrusive in the wiring system?

ojdmccoy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am going to try and document the process to swap from a jump seat to a console. I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Hemi 4x4 CCSB. If you have other than this, your mileage may vary. :cool: I found another member on this site who wanted to trade and we both had the Laramie trim level. I recommend that you try to do this locally if you can, but it can be done over a distance. The shipping is on the spendy side. It worked out for us doing this halfway across the country.I did my part first by sending the jump seat and parts out first.

Jump seat removal:
Remove jump seat front tray mat to uncover 2 screws.
Take out the 2 screws.
Remove front tray.

Tray before removal:
View attachment 7880

After tray removal:
View attachment 7881

Unbolt driver seat
Remove front and rear driver side jump seat bracket bolt. One bolt is visible in the picture above. The rear bolt is under the jump seat accessible when the driver seat is removed or slid forward.
Unbolt female seat belt strap/connector. You will need a torx driver. The female seat belt is bolted to the driver side seat rail bracket.

Unclip wiring harness under driver seat.
1 gray USB
1 Black power port.
Remove harness from under driver seat rail.

View attachment 7882

View attachment 7883

(note: I left this wiring harness attached to the jump seat. because I was not sure what was needed to mount the jump seat into the other truck.) There is a USB port inside the top storage bin in the jump seat. It could not be removed without damaging the jump seat so the other member cut the wire. Then sent this wiring harness back. I was the only way we saw to make this happen.

Unbolt passenger seat.
Remove 4 nuts from the passenger side brackets (front and rear) to the passenger seat rails.

Not my picture, I did not take a picture at this point, this shows the passenger side brackets:
View attachment 7884

Brackets have 4 bolts to the passenger seat rail:
View attachment 7885

View attachment 7886View attachment 7887

Remove heating/cooling duct extension. May require cutting carpet or carpet removal. This might be done with out cutting the carpet, but that is up to you try.
This is what it will look like after the jump seat remove. (yes, I cut the carpet, because I will not be swapping back.)
I’m looking for a jump seat anyone to help for a 2014 ram 2500

ojdmccoy

Reaction score
I’ve got one out of my 2019 that I took out a couple days ago. Maybe sat in once by a kid. I’m in San Antonio tx
Is it black in color and would you be able send pics and I would need alll hardware. And can you ship to Modesto, California

jamesturner

Reaction score
Yeah I can take some pics. it’s black arm rest with the dark grey/ black cloth. I’ve got all the hardware and trim pieces. I’m sure it’s gonna be pretty pricey to ship but I’ll check it out.
Is it black in color and would you be able send pics and I would need alll hardware. And can you ship to Modesto, California

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the site so I apologize if there’s a better place to post this.

I have a 2021 Power Wagon with the middle jump seat and I’m looking to replace with the center console. Am I able to just order it off one of the molar sites? If so, does anyone know which group of parts it is? There seems to be a couple groups of parts.

In the IL area, also willing to swap if anyones looking for a jump seat :)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all, new to the site so I apologize if there’s a better place to post this.

I have a 2021 Power Wagon with the middle jump seat and I’m looking to replace with the center console. Am I able to just order it off one of the molar sites? If so, does anyone know which group of parts it is? There seems to be a couple groups of parts.

In the IL area, also willing to swap if anyones looking for a jump seat :)

Best to post a WTT (swap) ad in the buy/sell/trade forum.

malkoca

Reaction score
Ok, now for the console install. As mentioned earlier, the other forum member kept the console harness. I ordered a new one to use for this install. I am not sure this is completely necessary, but it beats the alternative. The other option is to extend the original wiring to meet the console ports. They just are not long enough to reach. I researched the project and the other forum does not give you the specific information needed.

As stated in one thread I purchased two of these extention cables:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S6HKR1Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I removed the jump seat, I pulled the rear wiring harness out from under the driver seat into the console area.

View attachment 8127

There are two brackets that need to be mounted. The rear bracket mounts to the floor behind the electronics.

index.php

Next is the front bracket that mount to the dash frame. There are two clips behind this bracket the the bolts screw into. I got these with the swap, but I suspect they are cheap to buy fronm the dealer.

View attachment 8130
Do you have the part# from the new console harness you bought? I already completed the entire swap, but none of the outlets work I'm just using the one above the radio system. I also have a manual transfer case for anybody wondering it is possible, and you can bend the shift handle to get it to stick out of the side. I can post pictures if wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread