Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Upper Glove Box in Tradesman

Jackmup

Reaction score
Go with the name you like best after all you're the one looking at it. I did bighorn but I think the Lonestar would be nice.

b307a1

Reaction score
I put mine in yesterday. I finally found a badge to replace the trim level badges that don't belong in a Tradesman.

The "HEMI"badge is acceptable since that is what's under the hood and it is just right size where it can be just about centered and cover the post holes for the factory badging.

I was looking for something that had " RAM", "4X4","6.4 HEMI" or "HEAVY DUTY" but could not find anything that fit in the opening without any "customizing".

20211203_113421.jpg20211203_113352.jpg

sdu

Reaction score
Good work, looks great! Been thinking about this mod since I got my tradesman but am really put off by having a badge that doesn't belong.
I find it silly they would rather display the SLT trim name (in 4500 and 5500) instead of simply RAM or Heavy Duty.
image-asset.jpeg

b307a1

Reaction score
Good work, looks great! Been thinking about this mod since I got my tradesman but am really put off by having a badge that doesn't belong.
I find it silly they would rather display the SLT trim name (in 4500 and 5500) instead of simply RAM or Heavy Duty.
image-asset.jpeg
My sentiments exactly! It's funny you posted that picture of an SLT chassis cab. I just got my 3500 SLT and it has been sitting in my garage for the last 2 months waiting for the upfit to come in.20211008_100408.jpg

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I put mine in yesterday. I finally found a badge to replace the trim level badges that don't belong in a Tradesman.

The "HEMI"badge is acceptable since that is what's under the hood and it is just right size where it can be just about centered and cover the post holes for the factory badging.

I was looking for something that had " RAM", "4X4","6.4 HEMI" or "HEAVY DUTY" but could not find anything that fit in the opening without any "customizing".

View attachment 27151View attachment 27152
What did it look like under the emblem?

b307a1

Reaction score
Just showed my wife this mod.
She says “why? I like having my little shelf there”
I said “that’s exactly why”
Guarantee In mine right now there are baby wipes and target receipts.
Go ahead to put one in. Just tell the Boss that she still has "her" shelf just with "your" door on it so her clutter can be organized and secure......You're doing it for her!

Last edited:

pacu44

Reaction score
Like the 4th Gens, there is a plug to power a light taped back in the dash or do we need to create a plug after finding some power?

stinson87

Reaction score
so from what I can find:
6YK08TX7AA : BIGHORN
6YK09TX7AA : SLT
6YK10TX7AA : (lists all trim levels, have to verify with dealership)
6YK11TX7AA : POWERWAGON
6YK12TX7AA : (lists all trim levels, have to verify with dealership) says painted?

Ill have to stop by the dealership, currently debating between SLT and bighorn. SLT is more realistic for my commercial 3500DRW... especially if the wife ever lets me drop the bed for a flatbed :D

PNWRam2500

Reaction score
You know what I did to fix this issue. I leveled up to a Big Horn vs Tradesmen. Problem fixed. But totally understand the fact that it's open is just dumb.

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score

View attachment 27151View attachment 27152
Where do you get the Hemi badge

Tazman

Reaction score
Hey was reading jackmups post on installing the upper glovebox. I don’t understand the part with the black tabs after installing the upper glove box. Anyone have better instructions or a video of their install. Any help is appreciated..

Motodocbob

Reaction score
The upper glove box design changed in 2019. Totally different animal now.
I have a 2023 Tradesman 1500 Classic and I just installed the glove box door from a 2016 Laramie. I bought the glovebox itself and the striker from the Dodge dealer. It fit perfectly. I don’t mind the Laramie chrome badge on it, I’ll just tell people it’s an upgraded Tradesman.
According to the video I watched, the wire (and plug) for the light was supposed to be taped close to the firewall, but I couldn’t find it. I went to the dealer and they said I could buy the plug with 8 inches of wire for $42. I said no thanks. I bought the Tradesman because I wanted a real truck, not a four door SUV with a little bed tacked on the back, but also because I’m a cheap bastard. I bought some 7/64th female spade connectors, which I’ll use and tape everything up. I’m planning to tap into the wire for the 12volt power outlet that’s right next to it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tradesman 1500 Classic and I just installed the glove box door from a 2016 Laramie. I bought the glovebox itself and the striker from the Dodge dealer. It fit perfectly. I don’t mind the Laramie chrome badge on it, I’ll just tell people it’s an upgraded Tradesman.
According to the video I watched, the wire (and plug) for the light was supposed to be taped close to the firewall, but I couldn’t find it. I went to the dealer and they said I could buy the plug with 8 inches of wire for $42. I said no thanks. I bought the Tradesman because I wanted a real truck, not a four door SUV with a little bed tacked on the back, but also because I’m a cheap bastard. I bought some 7/64th female spade connectors, which I’ll use and tape everything up. I’m planning to tap into the wire for the 12volt power outlet that’s right next to it.
The reason the old truck parts fit in your new truck is because you have a 1/2 ton which is different than an HD truck and you are on an HD forum.

What chrisminx stated is still accurate

Users who are viewing this thread