Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Upper Glove Box in Tradesman

Erwin136

Reaction score
Can anyone by any chance do a video this does not seem very complicated and I’d like to do it but definitely would want something that goes step by step in a tutorial looks great when finished

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I installed it.
Part no. 6YK08TX7AA (black with bighorn on it)
My tradesman has a black dashboard and this matches perfect. Only 1 issue the bezel underneath is smaller on tradesman than bighorn so I have a gap. I'm searching for that part number now.

First remove the radio there are 2) t20 torch on top under the rubber mat than it pulls out from the clips. Watch a video on that to see how hard you gotta pull- Its in there.
Next remove the bezel ( long trim piece above lower glove box and below cubby. It's held in with clips. Cargill because one clip by the radio trim is backwards. Go easy and watch inside as you go. ( I didn't and that clip shot into the dash idk where)
View attachment 9498
See the one tab missing his clip. That's the one that's backwards. Just want you to watch that guy. if you go to yank the whole thing off that whole tab might break.
Next remove glovebox.
Under the glovebox is a fabric cover with 3 plastic push pins. Remove those pins ( buy some btw). View attachment 9485
Under the cover you will see 2) screw with 7mm heads. Remove those.View attachment 9486
Go to the top where you just removed bezel there are 6 screws staggered and 2 other on the left by radio area. Remove all 8.View attachment 9487
Now is when you can remove glove box. With the two lower screws removed it is only held in with clips pry it looks with a plastic tool or give a tug.
With the glove box removed look up under the dash there are 2 screws holding in the cubby. Gonna need a 12" extension to reach up in there.View attachment 9488
Once screws are removed the cubby is ready to be removed. It doesn't have clips.
Install the upper glove box. The black tabs on it's backside sit below the tabs that held the two screws.View attachment 9489
This is the tab. Notice my cubby tab is attached and. There is no cubby. So that how I found those.
When you go to put the screws back in slide a piece of paper in the socket so the screw doesn't fall out of the socket.View attachment 9490
Once those are back in it's time to put it all back together.
Took me about 45 minutes to figure it out and install it. Not a bad job at all.
I will update the trim bezel part no when I confirm it's correct.View attachment 9499View attachment 9501View attachment 9500
Here is a pic I stole from another forum. It looks like the gap is normal. LOoking back at the parts diagram I posted in an earlier post, there's only one lower trim piece.

Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

Screenshot_20201221-114718_Chrome.jpg

b307a1

Reaction score
I have been a big proponent of putting in an upper glove box since I got my '19 Tradesman. I have never attempted to modify my truck because I have a long history of modifying things by breaking them!
so, I figured that I should just wait for someone with the knack to do the mod and show us how. Thankfully Jackmup stepped up and did it. The gap under the upper glove box door seemed excessive.
I went to my dealer today and looked up the part numbers for the " black lower trim" using the vin number of both of my trucks other one being a Big Horn. They have different part numbers for the lower trim.

For the Tradesman- 6YK20TX7AA
For the BighHorn - 6YK21TX7AA Mopar list- $58.20

That may explain the poor fitment with the Tradesman lower trim.

Last edited:

Erwin136

Reaction score
I have been a big proponent of putting in a upper glove box since I got my '19 Tradesman. I have never attempted to modify my truck because I have a long history of modifying things by breaking them!
so, I figured that I should just wait for someone with the knack to do the mod and show us how. Thankfully the "ass kicker" stepped up and did it. The gap under the upper glove box door seemed excessive.
I went to my dealer today and looked up the part numbers for the " black lower trim" using the vin number of both of my trucks other one being a Big Horn. They have different part numbers for the lower trim.

Do the one that goes in higher trim trucks seem to be any different like as in the placement pf where it attaches or different tabs

b307a1

Reaction score
Do the one that goes in higher trim trucks seem to be any different like as in the placement pf where it attaches or different tabs
That I don't know. Jackmup did the install and I am sure he will come up with the correct trim piece. Since there are different part #s for the same color trim I would assume that the lower trim for the BigHorn will take up the space under the upper glovebox door.

Jackmup

Reaction score
Here is a pic I stole from another forum. It looks like the gap is normal. LOoking back at the parts diagram I posted in an earlier post, there's only one lower trim piece.

Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

View attachment 9554
Great photo thanks. The gap I have is larger than that about 1/4" I ordered the bezel below it. I think it's right I hope. We'll see. I need to actually hook up with the parts guy at the dealer. It's not very expensive though and it finishes the dash off nicely.

Jackmup

Reaction score
I have been a big proponent of putting in an upper glove box since I got my '19 Tradesman. I have never attempted to modify my truck because I have a long history of modifying things by breaking them!
so, I figured that I should just wait for someone with the knack to do the mod and show us how. Thankfully the "ass kicker" stepped up and did it. The gap under the upper glove box door seemed excessive.

I ordered it. Starting to realize that the "TX" means black.

Jackmup

Reaction score
I installed the final piece of trim under the glove box.
It fits perfect no more 1/4" gap.IMG_20210112_213146.jpg
You have options here.
6YK21TX7AA is black plastic like our original.
6YK22TX7AA is black and padded matches perfect and that is the one I bought pictured above. $76.78 it's a little nicer considering we actually touch that part and. It is a dead perfect texture and color match or I would have thrown it out. The plastic in new trucks bends but as time goes on it's going to harden and pulling the radio and dash apart may become difficult. It was because it was pliable that nothing cracked on me.

kristof

Reaction score
Can I order the glove box without BigHorn emblem?

b307a1

Reaction score
I was just thinking if I add anymore crap to this truck I should have got the laramie.
It's funny you say that because I was thinking that I can't get too carried away making alterations because not matter what I do or how much I spend in the end it will still be a Tradesman.

Last edited:

kristof

Reaction score
I was just thinking if I add anymore crap to this truck I should have got the laramie.
It will cost you more to buy laramie then add the stuff. If you purchase Laramie you are forced to buy some options that you don't need

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
anyone know if that bighorn logo is a stick on? i'd be tempted to do this one, with no gap and no ridiculous bighorn logo.

Users who are viewing this thread