Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Upper Glove Box in Tradesman

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Found an upper glovebox from a Lone Star decently priced on Ebay. Ordered the lower trim piece (6YK21TX7AA), but it is on national backorder. So I ordered 6YK22TX7AA as suggested above. I will provide some pics when I get the parts in.

bubbarmy12

Reaction score
Interesting, you can find the upper glove box assembly easy enough (it will have bighorn, Laramie, etc. on it) but I have not factored that you potentially need to change out the air vent.
My 2021 Tradesman will not be here for another month to start monkeying with this
I just did the install, you do not have to change anything with the air vent.

Maka14

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the lightning harness is plug and play ?

Maka14

Reaction score
I got my light working. Behind the metal bar (far right side of radio area where it would basically be where the glove box area starts) there was a connector just chilling with about 6 wires in it. I tapped into the red wire for power and black for ground and use 2 female ends. I bent the prongs on the glove box plug and slide the ends on (wrapped them in electric tape) and carefully put it all back. I’d like to find what factory plug goes in and maybe pin the 2 wires to it for a cleaner install. Not like you see it anyways but hey it works.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Purchased a used upper glovebox off an HD Laramie. Anyone know what these two connectors are for? @Jimmy07
20211112_113536.jpg20211112_113543.jpg

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I bought it a while back because the lone star one was from a 1500 and I thought maybe they are a different size because of the small gap under the door and the Laramie one has the light attached. I couldn't find the connections behind the dash for the light, so I may sell the Laramie one.

pacu44

Reaction score
Great work on this, thanks. Did this to my 4th gen and thankful that the leg work has been done. Now, when I get my truck, I need to not break or lose the tabs. I read the tab watchout, thanks for that. Love to see some more pictures from others. Lonestar, Laramie or BigHorn, which one should I get?

Users who are viewing this thread