Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Industrial Injection CP3 pump and installation and follow on use!

D

Deleted member 80

Well fellers, the Cummins got sold yesterday. Got an offer I couldn’t refuse.

I’ll monitor this thread for any questions or concerns about their pumps and subsequent installations etc.

Keep up the DIY and the efforts and feel free to post up here however you might need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's next?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
What's next?

It was a tough choice but I picked up a new one already (same deal)

8a8a07e6991cd6b1578512a4778678de.jpg

e5060b7ba958d5273261e5b47a4e92a9.jpg

f2d4c7c6fa32a88258062326fd336622.jpg

2021 F350 King Ranch CCLB 6.7 with the 10 speed

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Controversial decision for sure I know lol especially in this forum

Sure they have their issues, just like the Ram has theirs. It’s a toss up I’ll give you that.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Good luck, don’t be a stranger! Give us an honest assessment of your new ride after a few k’s with er.

I certainly will. I have owned the big three over several times now (gross) but as a result I don’t hold any loyalties. You’ll get the honest assessment from me.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I don't get it. Why not just get a '21 RAM then?

Good question, That’s why it was a tough call for us too.

The biggest reason was no longer the fuel pump right, ours was taken care of and she was running good, so with that aside it came down to the things like cab clunks, cab rattling, dash rattle and other albeit minor things that when I look at the Ford, didn’t see or experience in this Kr my previous Fords.

Long of the short it was a close decisions right go back to RAM but the offer we got at Ford beat Rams offer by 6,000.00

mcspeed

Reaction score
Good question, That’s why it was a tough call for us too.

The biggest reason was no longer the fuel pump right, ours was taken care of and she was running good, so with that aside it came down to the things like cab clunks, cab rattling, dash rattle and other albeit minor things that when I look at the Ford, didn’t see or experience in this Kr my previous Fords.

Long of the short it was a close decisions right go back to RAM but the offer we got at Ford beat Rams offer by 6,000.00

You decide what is best for yourself. Would be interested in hearing about your Ford.

LossPrev

Reaction score
Definitely surprising after the cp3 install but I can't fault you. The Ford is really fun to drive, much more peppy. I probably would have ended up in one myself but they always seemed to be at least 5k more for a comparable truck, at least in early 2020. Looking forward to your write up comparison!

Since we started looking at GD Momentums I've been having bad thoughts about trading my 2500 for Chevy High Country 3500. I don't know why but I really like the way they look(the lower trims are ugly as sin though). I've never been a GM guy but watching Gale Banks talk about the Duramax is twisting my perception haha

MEGA HO

Reaction score
If he only keeps his trucks as long as the warranty lasts on them, then Ford is ok. I tend to keep my vehicles for a really long time. My last truck lasted me 10 years and I only upgraded because I needed a heavier truck.
As warranty runs out, I'll be doing ALL the wrenching on it and the straight 6 is much easier to work on than the V8. I also heard that for any major engine work, a cab needs to come off, is it still the case??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mods please handle this traitor! Lol i cant stand fords but good luck with it

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Definitely surprising after the cp3 install but I can't fault you. The Ford is really fun to drive, much more peppy. I probably would have ended up in one myself but they always seemed to be at least 5k more for a comparable truck, at least in early 2020. Looking forward to your write up comparison!

Since we started looking at GD Momentums I've been having bad thoughts about trading my 2500 for Chevy High Country 3500. I don't know why but I really like the way they look(the lower trims are ugly as sin though). I've never been a GM guy but watching Gale Banks talk about the Duramax is twisting my perception haha

The momentum’s will not be kind to the 2500 platform of any brand. I think it’s wise that you’re lookin at a 3500 regardless of who makes it. If it’s a Chevy, I have had amazing luck with my Duramax trucks. No complaints here about them.

I know it was and would be surprising but there is a bit of a back story I won’t bore anyone with. As soon as I started messing with the truck it was never the same. Granted the tuning became solid and it leveled out but the wife in particular hated it. This was ok for the most part cause we take our Durango SRT everywhere else. However that lingering factor coupled with our incessant cab mount issues, dash clicking and popping, and belt/pulley/tensioner issues with what they offered us for our trade (more than I paid for the truck) it felt like the right thing to do.

I’ll keep you posted should the mods allow it lol

If he only keeps his trucks as long as the warranty lasts on them, then Ford is ok. I tend to keep my vehicles for a really long time. My last truck lasted me 10 years and I only upgraded because I needed a heavier truck.
As warranty runs out, I'll be doing ALL the wrenching on it and the straight 6 is much easier to work on than the V8. I also heard that for any major engine work, a cab needs to come off, is it still the case??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I’m lucky to keep a truck more than 5-7 years. That said I have made the case for a older 60-70s dodge that I want to put a 6.7 in and build. I’m not leaving the Cummins game yet, but Ford for now exceeds our expectations and will do the job for the daily.

Edit: yes it still is the case that lifting the cab is the preferred method however most engine work to get to the valley is still achievable without doing it.

Mods please handle this traitor! Lol i cant stand fords but good luck with it

Oh stop it haha thanks for the well wishes though. I’ll be around if they allow it. As said above, eventually I’d like to get a truck to wrench on. It will be 10000% a Cummins and I’ll keep you guys appraised to what I do with it.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The momentum’s will not be kind to the 2500 platform of any brand. I think it’s wise that you’re lookin at a 3500 regardless of who makes it. If it’s a Chevy, I have had amazing luck with my Duramax trucks. No complaints here about them.

I know it was and would be surprising but there is a bit of a back story I won’t bore anyone with. As soon as I started messing with the truck it was never the same. Granted the tuning became solid and it leveled out but the wife in particular hated it. This was ok for the most part cause we take our Durango SRT everywhere else. However that lingering factor coupled with our incessant cab mount issues, dash clicking and popping, and belt/pulley/tensioner issues with what they offered us for our trade (more than I paid for the truck) it felt like the right thing to do.

I’ll keep you posted should the mods allow it lol

I’m lucky to keep a truck more than 5-7 years. That said I have made the case for a older 60-70s dodge that I want to put a 6.7 in and build. I’m not leaving the Cummins game yet, but Ford for now exceeds our expectations and will do the job for the daily.

Edit: yes it still is the case that lifting the cab is the preferred method however most engine work to get to the valley is still achievable without doing it.

Oh stop it haha thanks for the well wishes though. I’ll be around if they allow it. As said above, eventually I’d like to get a truck to wrench on. It will be 10000% a Cummins and I’ll keep you guys appraised to what I do with it.

You or your thread won't be going anywhere. We'll welcome you back with open arms when that Ford strands you. Come back when it does and let us know we were wrong. ;)

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi Kathryn, any updates on the service solution and what it is about? Is FCA going to replace all our pumps with whatever they use now in 2021 MY?
We are sorry to inform you that there are no current updates available for the service solution in progress. At this time, we would be more than willing to extend our support to any serviceable concerns pertaining to your CP4 pump/fuel system. If you find that your vehicle is exhibiting symptoms and is in need of service, do not hesitate to contact us here as we would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support in addressing and resolving these concerns alongside your dealer. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

flan

Reaction score
Sounds like a work in progress. Thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread