Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Industrial Injection CP3 pump and installation and follow on use!

ianacole

Reaction score
I lived in Germany for 3 years and have mad respect for the tradesmen there and their engineering abilities.

I'm most impressed by their ability to slam a few beers at lunch and go back to work! LOL
I spent a few years on remote assignment in Belgium. First time I saw Gendarmerie (Police) having beer at lunch made me do a double take.

Last edited:

NordicNevs

Reaction score
So if we go this route the warranty is over? I only have 8600 on mine.

If you change it I would not count on your warranty
That being said, it you don’t there is a change they may deny your warranty anyway.

Catch 22 (although I’d bet you’d be covered 7/10 times)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Alright gents update time.

1) if you’re not tuning tour truck you should be fine
2) if you do tune expect to become frustrated (S&S and Industrial have reports of minor issues)

My truck is acting up a little bit.

It developed a tick, has at times a loping issue at idle.

Likely a tuning issue but I believe in being open and honest and transparent with you all as things progress.

Trevor537

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I am having identical issues with my CP3 conversion at idle. I have been working with my tuner for a few weeks to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

GBB

Reaction score

2) if you do tune expect to become frustrated (S&S and Industrial have reports of minor issues)

Likely a tuning issue but I believe in being open and honest and transparent with you all as things progress.

Ruh-Roh! Maybe I’ll wait awhile before converting.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

Wait. Didn't you have similar issues with the CP4 before you replaced it with the CP3? Or was it someone else?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Wait. Didn't you have similar issues with the CP4 before you replaced it with the CP3? Or was it someone else?

I had a tick with my CP4 and it’s entirely possible it’s not the pump. I am showing smooth rail at idle.

Here are some datalog captures for you guys. She doesn’t look terrible.
99d319fb9e34530e93a48dc9770d1579.jpg

4b0f199f2d11fffebfcf1811a9b30333.jpg

282b772d4f78a109f5ce0a29b0dd8d36.jpg

NordicNevs

Reaction score

Then I think you’re going to be solid man. It’s once you start messing with the other stuff outside of factory you get headaches.

All “issues” have been from tuned trucks

NordicNevs

Reaction score
PSA:

Industrial is not the pump I would go with. They are great at sales but lack any technical background or knowledge on performance of these pumps. Other areas sure, this one for this application is still TBD. I haven’t heard anything that has made me thrilled with the replies I have gotten from anyone over there.

My tuner has stone walled me for 8 days and the guy who ran this II CP3 swap has left the company. Industrial tells me they have had “problems” with my tuner so it’s a he said she said.

Regardless

I’ll keep you updated but right now I am NOT impressed.

NOTE: if your stock and throw this pump in they say it will be fine but I cannot speak to that.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
well, guess I'll be waiting till "they" get the tuning worked out.

steve49

Reaction score
The thing I wondered was when said there wasn't a need for a software upgrade when switching to the CP3, yet the CP4 psi was 29,000 and I thought I read somewhere here that the CP3 was 23,000, wouldn't that have some effect on how it runs?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
The thing I wondered was when said there wasn't a need for a software upgrade when switching to the CP3, yet the CP4 psi was 29,000 and I thought I read somewhere here that the CP3 was 23,000, wouldn't that have some effect on how it runs?

I hit 28 but that’s the ceiling of it for sure.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
well, guess I'll be waiting till "they" get the tuning worked out.

Might not hurt.

I’m giving these folks a chance cause what else can I do but I hope people don’t see this is a me knocking them as much as me being transparent about my experience and shortcomings at this point.

delmoniCO

Reaction score
PSA:

Industrial is not the pump I would go with. They are great at sales but lack any technical background or knowledge on performance of these pumps. Other areas sure, this one for this application is still TBD. I haven’t heard anything that has made me thrilled with the replies I have gotten from anyone over there.

My tuner has stone walled me for 8 days and the guy who ran this II CP3 swap has left the company. Industrial tells me they have had “problems” with my tuner so it’s a he said she said.

Regardless

I’ll keep you updated but right now I am NOT impressed.

NOTE: if your stock and throw this pump in they say it will be fine but I cannot speak to that.

I'm sorry you're having these issues. FWIW I've heard pretty much the same feedback on the S&S kit. I don't think anyone really has figured this out yet.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I'm sorry you're having these issues. FWIW I've heard pretty much the same feedback on the S&S kit. I don't think anyone really has figured this out yet.

I’m not going to lie, I’m glad to hear that even if it makes me sound like a jerk lol.

I currently have verification that 1 tuner for industrial and 1 tuner for S&S that’s have figured it out.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
yah appreciate the transparency. that's REALLY lacking in the tooning arena, unfortunately, across engine bases and platforms. it reminds me of dealer networks at times. I'm interested in who has the tuning figured out. I'll make the swap eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread