Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Industrial Injection CP3 pump and installation and follow on use!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
NOTE: CP3 write up ends at post 90. Beyond that it’s conversation and follow on reporting for use.

Hey everyone!!!

So there has been a lot of talk about the CP4s and the CP3 release for 21 model year but instead of getting all wrapped around the axles and the risk of all the headaches, I ordered my industrial injection CP3 conversion.

So I figured in a positive way id put out there my experience, installation when it comes in as a DIY (at the risk of patience with me) and give you some insights and tips I learn along the way.

I already have a few things for you guys who are interested. One is the instruction manual, tools things to get ordered up.

So let’s kick this off. Here is the kit I got https://www.industrialinjection.com/product/6-7l-cummins-cp4-to-cp3-conversion-kit/

I used code eddieslife and saved about $140 which was much appreciated. Any little bit helps.

Here are the instructions. Read through them as it gives you hints to what you’ll need as far as tools.

Here are a few things I purchased to help with the install
b77ef6e36771d691f182a9fb2abc5834.png

1cffb165d64532ce018fcd41e5e3ba88.png

d5f2f64cf9c7994466765c339c2e1a7a.png

The gear will be reused from your CP4 to CP3 so I wanted to get a decent puller.
You’ll want a 26mm socket to remove the nut on the gear (see instructions for awareness) so I got this one. Might only ever use it once so didn’t need an amazing set up. Also I would not recommend an impact thought it’s rated for it.
Blue loctite to really secure the new mounting plate, ECM hardware and the pump itself.

Overall that’s what I got for you at the moment but more to come. Please have patience with me as I have a family, job and obligations but I’ll get this done for ya and I’ll do it myself so I can give you a good expectations.

No job isn’t without it’s surprised but I think we can do this.

Here is a picture of my truck as well cause pictures make the forum happy
50f5cddb85b1acdf1a4138b61434236c.jpg

e4a568c4b4a3f25010035688e3d3adb9.jpg

Last edited:

Dialed-In

Reaction score
I look forward to hearing your progress! I posted on cummins forum looking for information/ comparisons between industrial injections kit and the s&s kit. Maybe I'll do the s&s and try to offer my experience like you are with the industrial kit?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Thanks yeah let’s see what happens.

I think I saw your post but didn’t have the moment to reply yet but yeah if you want to go that you’re it might be a good deal to get both out there. Be nice to have the resource of both threads for people to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dslbrnr

Reaction score
Nice pic, sky is wicked and truck looks great. Can't wait to see the install and hear how she runs.
Thanks for sharing

Pronto

Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Hope the project goes nice and easy for you.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Why ii over ss ?? Pros and cons?? What are differences??? Pm if u can tnx

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Thanks all! More to come. But with patience haha.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Why ii over ss ?? Pros and cons?? What are differences??? Pm if u can tnx

Customer service to industrial direct has been amazing. I can call them up and get whatever I have needed answered. They are responsive and available which is nice.

Also I like they have a 10mm internal and it’s all built in house and they have a good name I. Common rail systems.

That said S&S is a very good company and if you get a responsive sales POC you’re gonna be set up nicely. For the Duramax stuff I ordered a pump from them and they killed it.

This time I wanted to try industrial cause they really know Bosch systems so I trust their drop in a little more.

All in all there is no one single reason but a few things that pushed me slightly in their direction.

jeffn

Reaction score
is the injection pump the same on SO and HO?

I watched the eddieslife youtube video and it was really interesting. He was a good subscribe.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
is the injection pump the same on SO and HO?

I watched the eddieslife youtube video and it was really interesting. He was a good subscribe.

Yes it is the same pump. It’s your ECM that dictates timing and fuel demand and subsistent delivery by the pump output.

Yeah his videos aren’t terrible. He is off on a lot of things though so take his commentary with a grain of salt, but just like the rest of us he is a good dude who is putting in the work so I’ll never knock him or suggest others don’t check his content out.

His CP3 swap video wasn’t bad.

Last edited:

NordicNevs

Reaction score
And why is it not installed yet? Lol

Hahaha

Had it shipped on time this thread would be put to bed already.

Truth be told with my work schedule it will be a about 2 weeks from now I’m thinking.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Gives you plenty of time to study the instructions and ask any questions for a smooth install.
I'm sure it will go in nicely

Thank ya sir. I think I’m good down to step 16 but for sure I’m hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread