Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Industrial Injection CP3 pump and installation and follow on use!

D

Deleted member 80

I thought the original CP3 trucks ran up to 26K??? If you're using it as a truck how much time is spent a WOT anyway?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I thought the original CP3 trucks ran up to 26K??? If you're using it as a truck how much time is spent a WOT anyway?
Lots when pulling big hills with trailer behind its fun to pass the slow pokes when i have a trailer on

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Overflow valve will be here tomorrow. They drop shipped that quickly. Positive points for industrial.

Also, minus the audible tick noise, the truck has been running well. I drove it HARD that last two days and idk but though the manners could be improved at low RPM I am very surprised. I have no idea why but we will see if it lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Latest revision so far feels promising with 50 miles on the clock.

Feeling more confident and Optimistic but we will work her out to see how she goes.

camojimmy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the updates NordicNevs. I'm assuming I would have issues with a deleted truck and converting. Most likely tuning problems?.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Thanks for all the updates NordicNevs. I'm assuming I would have issues with a deleted truck and converting. Most likely tuning problems?.

So the tuning is the culprit in all of this. However you’ll start to find out who has it figured out.

For example Some have had great luck right away some not so much.

I can tell you we are still another revision away from being solid for my particular application but went for a tow yesterday in some good climbs and terrain with 11800 behind me and the truck did amazing.

Point is, some have it solid others are close but everyone is making progress on dialing it in.

Rob122

Reaction score
I spoke with S and S this morning about the kit. I have a local shop here willing to do the swap for me. My truck is bone stock and I have no reason to change that, it does exactly what I want it to do. I was really hoping FCA would provide some info on their service solution before i drop $2800 on a pump for a 2 year old truck. This is disappointing more than anything. I've also considered just trading it in on an 18. Do any of you guys have any feedback on how well these work on stock trucks?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I spoke with S and S this morning about the kit. I have a local shop here willing to do the swap for me. My truck is bone stock and I have no reason to change that, it does exactly what I want it to do. I was really hoping FCA would provide some info on their service solution before i drop $2800 on a pump for a 2 year old truck. This is disappointing more than anything. I've also considered just trading it in on an 18. Do any of you guys have any feedback on how well these work on stock trucks?

The only thing I can say is the guys who flash the factory setting back the truck runs perfectly.

Scott19MegaCab2500

Reaction score
Hello everyone, we would like to relay the latest update to you here regarding your concerns with the CP4 pump. There is currently a service solution in progress for all 2019- 2020MY vehicles equipped with CP4 high pressure pump. Further updates will be announced here as soon as more information becomes available. In the meantime, please know that our team remains available to assist in resolving serviceable vehicle concerns via private messages. Thank you,

Kathryn
RamCares
Anything new on this yet?

camojimmy

Reaction score
Switched tuners
Trevor and I have the same now

100% improvement. Very impressed.

Time will tell but I am initially blown away.

The ticking noise has gone?. No more spikes in fuel pressure?. Sorry more questions. I've been watching ready to swap in case the "service solution" isn't a replacement pump.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
The ticking noise has gone?. No more spikes in fuel pressure?. Sorry more questions. I've been watching ready to swap in case the "service solution" isn't a replacement pump.

Don’t apologize for asking any questions on this thread. It’s your investment and ask away.

Ticking was never the pump. It’s a pulley or idler as far as I can tell for my set up. I have the gates stuff in the garage but haven’t had the time.

Spikes in either direction are stable. Truck feels very solid snd smooth as silk. Power levels are what feel like stock but that’s ok. Maybe a touch under stock power but she moves but we can get there. No lopes as of today and the conditions were perfect for it. We will see with more testing and monitoring.

I think the service solution will be a longer warranty but don’t take my word for it. Pay now or pay later or get luck and don’t pay at all but don’t lose sleep over to. I have done enough of that for everyone on this forum haha.

clawdog79

Reaction score
Just ordered the Industrial Injection kit. 2019 Ram 2500 with stock tuning. I’m committed to keeping this truck long term and don’t want to risk the consequences and downtime of a CP4 failure. I’ll post an update after install is complete.

Thanks to the OP and all that have contributed to this thread.

Last edited:

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Switched tuners
Trevor and I have the same now

100% improvement. Very impressed.

Time will tell but I am initially blown away.

Is your a SO or HO? Do you know if Trevor's SO or HO?
One tuner I'm considering said something like the HO's CP4 already running near its capacity. Not sure if he were talking about the pressure or flow rate.
I don't want to do the wrap to find out it's not adequate for my HO truck.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Is your a SO or HO? Do you know if Trevor's SO or HO?
One tuner I'm considering said something like the HO's CP4 already running near its capacity. Not sure if he were talking about the pressure or flow rate.
I don't want to do the wrap to find out it's not adequate for my HO truck.

Both of our trucks are high output trucks

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Hello everyone, we would like to relay the latest update to you here regarding your concerns with the CP4 pump. There is currently a service solution in progress for all 2019- 2020MY vehicles equipped with CP4 high pressure pump. Further updates will be announced here as soon as more information becomes available. In the meantime, please know that our team remains available to assist in resolving serviceable vehicle concerns via private messages. Thank you,

Kathryn
RamCares
Hi Kathryn, any updates on the service solution and what it is about? Is FCA going to replace all our pumps with whatever they use now in 2021 MY?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Well fellers, the Cummins got sold yesterday. Got an offer I couldn’t refuse.

I’ll monitor this thread for any questions or concerns about their pumps and subsequent installations etc.

Keep up the DIY and the efforts and feel free to post up here however you might need.

Users who are viewing this thread