Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

22Ram57

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone on here claim that their 2020 8 speed equipped truck doesn’t have it.

You can also go to the sister site dedicated to 5th gen 1500’s and ask everyone there, and you’ll quickly find out that they all have auto park:
He sent me vid. So you’re 50/50 correct he can in fact drive with door open no problem but the screen says auto park not engaged. So it does have auto park it just doesn’t work apparently. ??? Attach files button below won’t let me select video.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
He sent me vid. So you’re 50/50 correct he can in fact drive with door open no problem but the screen says auto park not engaged. So it does have auto park it just doesn’t work apparently. ??? Attach files button below won’t let me select video.

The 3 horn honk on exiting a running truck is new on 2022+ ram trucks.
The auto park, he has. It’s not debatable. It’s not a guess. You can’t try to convince people that know these trucks like the back of their hand otherwise. Whatever he is doing is not meeting the conditions to auto park.
If he start with truck running, in park- open the driver door, take the seatbelt off, put the truck in gear, and take foot COMPLETELY off the brake before it reaches 1.1mph, it WILL auto park.

It's not going to autopark (it shouldn't) barreling down the road and opening a door. He likely did NOT have his foot completely off the brake before exceeding 1.1MPH.

The mere fact that the EVIC shows AutoPark Engaged is proof the system is working.

22Ram57

Reaction score
It's not going to autopark (it shouldn't) barreling down the road and opening a door. He likely did NOT have his foot completely off the brake before exceeding 1.1MPH.

The mere fact that the EVIC shows AutoPark Engaged is proof the system is working.
This one you can’t talk your way into being true. LMAO

I said Auto Park NOT engaged so clearly system is not working. So again This one you can’t talk your way into being true.

Dude is clearly at a complete stop, opens the door door already open idk puts it in drive and goes.

Attachments

• 53D3AD4B-308D-40D5-A9B4-742CCD1BB95F.jpeg
    53D3AD4B-308D-40D5-A9B4-742CCD1BB95F.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 36

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I said Auto Park NOT engaged so clearly system is not working. So again This one you can’t talk your way into being true.

Dude is clearly at a complete stop, opens the door door already open idk puts it in drive and goes.

He didn't completely remove his foot from the brake before reaching 1.1MPH.

We can explain it to you, we can't make you understand it.

Clearly, you can't understand it.

22Ram57

Reaction score
He didn't completely remove his foot from the brake before reaching 1.1MPH.

We can explain it to you, we can't make you understand it.

Clearly, you can't understand it.
He lets go of brake and presses gas pedal. He’s not driving with 2 feet. I showed him this thread he said you guys are 100% delusional. Since he’s owned the vehicle he’s been able to do that in forward and reverse without seatbelt. Has never ever experienced what my vehicle does. My vehicle the moment I open the door it slams it in park and applies e brake. Put it this way, if my vehicle performed like his we wouldnt be having this conversation right now.

*he just text me,

any combination of open door, put in gear to put in gear, open door, give it gas, put in park, put in gear let go of brake, any combination, my truck has never ever ever ever applied the e brake or has been in park, when you mentioned auto park to me when you got your truck it didn’t even dawn on me it said it on the dash never really paid it no mind if mine did what yours is I would be towing with my ford instead, sounds to me some type of update between mine and yours it’s 22 or 23????

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

As evidenced by this message in his EVIC, his truck is equipped with auto park like I’ve been explaining to you. There’s only two situations this would be displayed- if it’s in 4LO, or if the conditions are met for auto park engage, but there is a fault in the TCM preventing it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
He lets go of brake and presses gas pedal. He’s not driving with 2 feet. I showed him this thread he said you guys are 100% delusional. Since he’s owned the vehicle he’s been able to do that in forward and reverse without seatbelt. Has never ever experienced what my vehicle does. My vehicle the moment I open the door it slams it in park and applies e brake. Put it this way, if my vehicle performed like his we wouldnt be having this conversation right now.

*he just text me,

any combination of open door, put in gear to put in gear, open door, give it gas, put in park, put in gear let go of brake, any combination, my truck has never ever ever ever applied the e brake or has been in park, when you mentioned auto park to me when you got your truck it didn’t even dawn on me it said it on the dash never really paid it no mind if mine did what yours is I would be towing with my ford instead, sounds to me some type of update between mine and yours it’s 22 or 23????
Then he is wearing the seatbelt…

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Did you not watch the video??
Oh sorry i figured we were just throwing out random statements despite what was clearly stated such as there is no possible way he does not have auto park he is obviously tuned or has an issue with the truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

*he just text me,

Very good friend of mine has a 2020 Limited, literally identical in options as mine. Does not have auto park. He ordered it in late 2019. Def built pre covid. He’s a angler too when I initially described this to him he thought I was lying.

Then his is broken.

To say it doesn't have autopark is incorrect.

That is all.

jadmt

Reaction score
so my on my 2020 PW I can back down my driveway without my seatbelt buckled and with my driver door open. I have posted this before. I know i normally am covering my brake pedal as no need to back up any faster than that, and when I am backing a trailer up I need to go slow anyways as I am crappy trailer backer upper. Today I figured I would try it without my foot on the brake and it drove in reverse fast enough I had to use my brake to slow down. I never looked at the dash as when I am backing up I am looking behind me. I am the original owner and the only thing I have used is an AEV procal snap to adjust tire size and psi threshold. Now I am not sure how far I could drive in reverse with my door open and no seatbelt but I know it would be far enough to run someone over and myself if I fell out.

22Ram57

Reaction score
Then his is broken.

To say it doesn't have autopark is incorrect.

That is all.
That’s why I said to the other guy he was 50/50 lol told me he didn’t have it because it wasn’t working. So how do I get my truck to do what his is doing? That’s all that matters to me and anyone reading this who hates this feature!

22Ram57

Reaction score
so my on my 2020 PW I can back down my driveway without my seatbelt buckled and with my driver door open. I have posted this before. I know i normally am covering my brake pedal as no need to back up any faster than that, and when I am backing a trailer up I need to go slow anyways as I am crappy trailer backer upper. Today I figured I would try it without my foot on the brake and it drove in reverse fast enough I had to use my brake to slow down. I never looked at the dash as when I am backing up I am looking behind me. I am the original owner and the only thing I have used is an AEV procal snap to adjust tire size and psi threshold. Now I am not sure how far I could drive in reverse with my door open and no seatbelt but I know it would be far enough to run someone over and myself if I fell out.
From what I’ve read on this forum, if you like it the way it is I wouldn’t say anything at all to the dealer!

jadmt

Reaction score
From what I’ve read on this forum, if you like it the way it is I wouldn’t say anything at all to the dealer!
oh hell my dealer wouldn't fix it anyway, they don't want to fix things that need fixing.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Can’t the auto park be turned on/off in the Uconnect settings?

A how did this thread get so focused on a feature on a 1500?
It cannot. It’s also a feature on 2500 and 3500s.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Can’t the auto park be turned on/off in the Uconnect settings?

A how did this thread get so focused on a feature on a 1500?
No they do not let people turn off safety features

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna be the wrench in the works here. Starting off with the disclaimer though, I have a 3500 Chassis Cab truck.

After reading all this crap, I wondered if my truck has AutoPark or not. Got out the owners manual which clearly states on the cover, is C/C specific. It says some trucks are equipped with AutoPark. Near as I can tell, if you have a shifter knob, meaning 8 speed and gas only I guess but not sure, you will have AutoPark. I have a gear shift lever, CTD, Aisin, etc., so I guess my truck doesn't have it. I took it out and tried everything to get it to AutoPark and nothing. But........the manual says I could go in through Uconnect and turn it off or on, if I did in fact have the option.

So I'm guessing the ability to turn it off is only optional on a Chassis Cab truck? The only reason I bring it up is for the guys that hate it like the plague. If a guy was in any way considering a C/C truck, this could possibly be part of his decision process. Just food for thought, not trying to start another giant pissing match.

Edit: Oh and BTW, I can go in and turn off some of the horn chips and light flashing too:)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna be the wrench in the works here. Starting off with the disclaimer though, I have a 3500 Chassis Cab truck.

After reading all this crap, I wondered if my truck has AutoPark or not. Got out the owners manual which clearly states on the cover, is C/C specific. It says some trucks are equipped with AutoPark. Near as I can tell, if you have a shifter knob, meaning 8 speed and gas only I guess but not sure, you will have AutoPark. I have a gear shift lever, CTD, Aisin, etc., so I guess my truck doesn't have it. I took it out and tried everything to get it to AutoPark and nothing. But........the manual says I could go in through Uconnect and turn it off or on, if I did in fact have the option.

So I'm guessing the ability to turn it off is only optional on a Chassis Cab truck? The only reason I bring it up is for the guys that hate it like the plague. If a guy was in any way considering a C/C truck, this could possibly be part of his decision process. Just food for thought, not trying to start another giant pissing match.

Edit: Oh and BTW, I can go in and turn off some of the horn chips and light flashing too:)

Autopark is only on 8-speed HD's. Not on gear shift (Aisin) trucks.

Horn chirps and light flash for remote FOB operations lock/unlock/remote start are customer set options on any truck.

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
Can we get back to the topic of this post, horn chirping 3 times ….

Thanks.

I just read 40 posts of something deserving of its own thread.

Users who are viewing this thread