Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

22Ram57

Reaction score
The auto park is an 8speed thing its done that for years but the horn is a 22 thing the 19-21 trucks just ding the interior chime
Very good friend of mine has a 2020 Limited, literally identical in options as mine. Does not have auto park. He ordered it in late 2019. Def built pre covid. He’s a angler too when I initially described this to him he thought I was lying.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Very good friend of mine has a 2020 Limited, literally identical in options as mine. Does not have auto park. He ordered it in late 2019. Def built pre covid. He’s a angler too when I initially described this to him he thought I was lying.
If that 2020 limited is a 6.4 Hemi, then it absolutely has auto park.

Quick

Reaction score
Tazer has a solution to the 3-horn honk thing, they are just having trouble getting it updated for Uconnect 5 - but it should be out in a few months.

While I agree that it shouldn't exist, apparently the US has given up on personal responsibility and instead depends on lawyers and new regulations to protect us from ourselves.

Don't blame the manufacturers - they have to implement it to meet regulations. Blame the morons who sue. Blame the government for supporting it. Ford is doing, and has done the same, for years (started in 2016, I think). It's just easy to disable with Forscan.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My 2016 1500 didn’t until the dealer updated it during a recall. That was a mistake. Added the auto park and disabled the cargo camera at any speed above a walk. Total BS.
Same bulshit like my 05 and the bastards would not revert the software back to the old one so i just disabled the horn lol

Jsboening

Reaction score
Same bulshit like my 05 and the bastards would not revert the software back to the old one so i just disabled the horn lol
I hate the three honk feature. Why couldn’t they just add a subtle chime or the like? My wife Mazda has a nice subtle chime that Let’s you know you have the keys in your pocket without drawing attention. So tired of my truck honking at me at the gas station or early morning while hooking up my trailer. The worst feature by far on this truck.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Just face timed him. It 110% does not have auto park or the 3 honk. He took delivery of it in October of 2019.
The 3 horn honk on exiting a running truck is new on 2022+ ram trucks.
The auto park, he has. It’s not debatable. It’s not a guess. You can’t try to convince people that know these trucks like the back of their hand otherwise. Whatever he is doing is not meeting the conditions to auto park.
If he start with truck running, in park- open the driver door, take the seatbelt off, put the truck in gear, and take foot COMPLETELY off the brake before it reaches 1.1mph, it WILL auto park.

22Ram57

Reaction score
The 3 horn honk on exiting a running truck is new on 2022+ ram trucks.
The auto park, he has. It’s not debatable. It’s not a guess. You can’t try to convince people that know these trucks like the back of their hand otherwise. Whatever he is doing is not meeting the conditions to auto park.
If he start with truck running, in park- open the driver door, take the seatbelt off, put the truck in gear, and take foot COMPLETELY off the brake before it reaches 1.1mph, it WILL auto park.
He definitely doesn’t have it. Other people in this thread stating they don’t have it as well. Must be some vehicles that were flashed and some weren’t.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
He definitely doesn’t have it. Other people in this thread stating they don’t have it as well. Must be some vehicles that were flashed and some weren’t.
This one you can’t talk your way into being true. Starting mid model year 2017, every single FCA vehicle with an electronic shift transmission (no mechanical shift linkage) was produced on the line with auto park. Any previous model years would have it flashed in via a customer satisfaction campaign if the vehicle was brought to the dealer. The chances that your friend with a 2020 5.7 limited (which has the 8 speed electronic shift transmission) ended up with some unicorn that doesn’t have it are astronomical. Unless he has some type of aftermarket device that defeats it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This one you can’t talk your way into being true. Starting mid model year 2017, every single FCA vehicle with an electronic shift transmission (no mechanical shift linkage) was produced on the line with auto park. Any previous model years would have it flashed in via a customer satisfaction campaign if the vehicle was brought to the dealer. The chances that your friend with a 2020 5.7 limited (which has the 8 speed electronic shift transmission) ended up with some unicorn that doesn’t have it are astronomical. Unless he has some type of aftermarket device that defeats it.

LOL

1663449642282.png

jsalbre

Reaction score
BBB406A7-6A37-4AD4-BFE9-AD6F8123E52E.jpeg

22Ram57

Reaction score
Not saying your wrong I’m saying I just Watched him on FT drive down his drive way with the door open stopped put it in reverse and drive back.. So all the other posters on this forum are making it up?

JimKIII

Reaction score
Not saying your wrong I’m saying I just Watched him on FT drive down his drive way with the door open stopped put it in reverse and drive back.. So all the other posters on this forum are making it up?
Post the/a video?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I was on FaceTime. I’ll ask

Any of you guys on here that claimed your 20s don’t have it care to post as well!?!
I haven’t seen anyone on here claim that their 2020 8 speed equipped truck doesn’t have it.

You can also go to the sister site dedicated to 5th gen 1500’s and ask everyone there, and you’ll quickly find out that they all have auto park:

Users who are viewing this thread