Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

Blythkd1

Reaction score
No, you didn’t.

There was however a reply by a chassis cab owner who said he can shut off the horn chirps. Can we get a tutorial on that please and thank you?
On the C/C truck its just settings through Uconnect. Pretty easy to find and change in Vehicle Settings.

I tried everything I could think of and couldn't get a horn chirp out of it now. I can even leave a keyfob locked in the truck now, quietly.

The only thing that's bugging me now is I swear I could lock the truck with it running before, now I can't. Maybe I'm dreaming, just haven't driven this truck enough yet to be sure.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
On the C/C truck its just settings through Uconnect. Pretty easy to find and change in Vehicle Settings.

I tried everything I could think of and couldn't get a horn chirp out of it now. I can even leave a keyfob locked in the truck now, quietly.

The only thing that's bugging me now is I swear I could lock the truck with it running before, now I can't. Maybe I'm dreaming, just haven't driven this truck enough yet to be sure.
If you’re going to claim that you got the 3 horn chirps disabled after exiting a running 2022 Ram with the fob, you’re gonna have to let us know exactly what the radio setting name was, or a screenshot of the setting name (example: radio > vehicle > settings > doors & locks > sound horn with lock)

kevan0317

Reaction score
Still no fix for this insane "feature," huh? That's disappointing. I hope someone can figure it out soon. Being a camper and pulling a 5th wheel means i accidently do this all the time late at night or early in the morning while in packed campgrounds. I'm sure people hate me just as much as I hate it.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
If you’re going to claim that you got the 3 horn chirps disabled after exiting a running 2022 Ram with the fob, you’re gonna have to let us know exactly what the radio setting name was, or a screenshot of the setting name (example: radio > vehicle > settings > doors & locks > sound horn with lock)
Ok, I hear ya. Let me play with it a bit more just to be sure it is what I say it is then if so, I'll post the results. But even if it's acting like I think it is, seems like it's likely just a C/C thing.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ok, I hear ya. Let me play with it a bit more just to be sure it is what I say it is then if so, I'll post the results. But even if it's acting like I think it is, seems like it's likely just a C/C thing.
Odds are if we're all talking about the same thing and there's a switch in the C/C models then it's a software setting somewhere that can be changed with AlfaOBD.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I just spent over a half hour in the cab of my truck (2022 2500 Hemi) looking for a way to disable the key fob beep (and the rear backup beep - though I apparently don’t have a commercial options setting available to me for that). I could find nothing to disable the 3 chirps on leaving the fob in the cab while exiting…

These 2 horrible sounds would be GREAT to delete… :)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Odds are if we're all talking about the same thing and there's a switch in the C/C models then it's a software setting somewhere that can be changed with AlfaOBD.

Even if it exists in the CC trucks (DD/DP) that doesn't necessarily mean it will work in 2500/3500 (DJ/D2) trucks.

There are some DJ features (hill descent, Forward facing camera) that I've not been able to get working in my 3500.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Even if it exists in the CC trucks (DD/DP) that doesn't necessarily mean it will work in 2500/3500 (DJ/D2) trucks.

There are some DJ features (hill descent, Forward facing camera) that I've not been able to get working in my 3500.
This is definitely true, but one can hope. Of course, it may require changing the chassis code, which may have unintended consequences.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Ok, here's what I found. I can leave a fob in the truck and either leave it running or shut it off, shut the door, hit the lock on the fob in my hand and no horn chirps.

When the engine is running I have to shut the door then lock it with a fob. The lock button on the door will not lock it in this instance. Either way, no horn chirps.

If its running and I take both fobs, as soon as the door is shut, 3 horn chirps. That's the only scenario I'm finding where the horn chirps now with the current settings.

This appears to at least be some improvement of the C/C trucks over std pickups, that is assuming you hate the horn chirps.

I don't think it was like this before I messed with the settings but not 100% sure. At least I know how to walk away from it now, running or not, without the confounded horn sounding.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ok, here's what I found. I can leave a fob in the truck and either leave it running or shut it off, shut the door, hit the lock on the fob in my hand and no horn chirps.

When the engine is running I have to shut the door then lock it with a fob. The lock button on the door will not lock it in this instance. Either way, no horn chirps.

If its running and I take both fobs, as soon as the door is shut, 3 horn chirps. That's the only scenario I'm finding where the horn chirps now with the current settings.

This appears to at least be some improvement of the C/C trucks over std pickups, that is assuming you hate the horn chirps.

I don't think it was like this before I messed with the settings but not 100% sure. At least I know how to walk away from it now, running or not, without the confounded horn sounding.
There’s nothing special about what you are experiencing as far as CC vs regular HD trucks. That’s exactly what the behavior is for all 2022 Ram trucks.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
There’s nothing special about what you are experiencing as far as CC vs regular HD trucks. That’s exactly what the behavior is for all 2022 Ram trucks.
Ok, thanks. I figured some of what I posted was normal, just posted it all to let the pros tell me what's normal, evidently all of it. I guess I misunderstood some guys' comments and concerns. I didn't think it was possible to leave the truck running and walk away without horn chirps and/or flashing lights.

kevan0317

Reaction score
An option:

Z Automotive’s Tazer DT RAM module is a potential soft-disable for the dreaded 3 horn honk on Chrysler vehicles. The unit must stay plugged in to the vehicle at all times to work. Last update was that it wasn’t playing well with uConnect5 on the 2022 trucks but they were working on it.

I have not tried it. Your mileage may vary. Try at your own risk.

What I’m curious about is how they go about doing this through software. If a simple plug in dongle can disable it through the BCM then why can’t we disable it through AlfaOBD? Frustrating.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
An option:

Z Automotive’s Tazer DT module is a soft-disable for the dreaded 3 horn honk on Chrysler vehicles. The unit must stay plugged in to the vehicle at all times to work. Last update was that it wasn’t playing well with uConnect5 on the 2022 trucks but they were working on it.

What I’m curious about is how they go about doing this through software. If a simple plug in dongle can disable it through the BCM then why can’t we disable it through AlfaOBD? Frustrating.

Tazer DT will not work on the Heavy Duty Rams (just so people here don’t start rushing to by that model).
Tazer Ram is compatible with the HDs, and according to their YouTube description, it can disable the feature now. I would double check with them first and verify, because it’s not listed in the tazer ram newest firmware instructions on their site.
6F865607-30C0-4FD2-A45C-63BA25090DCB.jpeg

kevan0317

Reaction score
Tazer DT will not work on the Heavy Duty Rams (just so people here don’t start rushing to by that model).
Tazer Ram is compatible with the HDs, and according to their YouTube description, it can disable the feature now. I would double check with them first and verify, because it’s not listed in the tazer ram newest firmware instructions on their site.
View attachment 44895
Good call out. Edited my reply accordingly.

22Ram57

Reaction score
An option:

Z Automotive’s Tazer DT RAM module is a potential soft-disable for the dreaded 3 horn honk on Chrysler vehicles. The unit must stay plugged in to the vehicle at all times to work. Last update was that it wasn’t playing well with uConnect5 on the 2022 trucks but they were working on it.

I emailed them it doesn’t work with Uconnect5 but they apparently are working on it. They did not provide me with a date.

22Ram57

Reaction score
Idea I don’t know if it’s possible but what gets programmed to the fobs. Is it all fob features or nothing or is it possible to only program for truck to recognize there is a key but have the other buttons not work or even have start stop not work with said key fob.

Idea is have a dummy fob you just stash in the truck that is basically useless but will allow truck to recognize a fob is present. ??? Is this possible?

Users who are viewing this thread