Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home brew alignment theory

jetrinka

Reaction score
That wasnt me, must’ve been somebody else. I’ve never had my truck on an alignment rack and my truck never rode bad.

My truck rides great with the alignment I did in this thread, fox 2.0s and no front sway bar.
Weird I forget who that was then. Oh well.

By the way those alignment bars you linked to look awesome.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
One downside to using this on my Toyota crawler is the front axle is equipped with a spool and drive slugs.. so I can’t spin the hubs to line everything up

The lug studs side to side aren’t lined up, so the tools don’t line up level side to side. I have one side slightly up and one side slightly down, but it clears the leafs and the driveshaft so I can measure ok.

I would have to pull the hub to fix this, but close enough will work on a dedicated trail rig.

B3104372-4F38-4E9D-AC66-1BAB0A3EEECE.jpeg

gimmie11s

Reaction score
After the alignment

Drivers side.

Passenger side. Truck tracks straight and beautiful. Nice, light steering for a diesel with 37s.

I have the same lift coils (Carli 2.5") as you and I have a slight pull to the right. Both driver and passenger side caster bolt arrows are on the rear-most mark facing the rear of the truck.

I think I will adjust my passenger caster bolt frontward a half click similar to what you have above.

Coincidentally, the passenger side of the struck sits about 1/3" higher than the driver side so it makes sense I need to "turn down" the passenger side a hair.

Great thread, boys! I also do all my own home alignments... good stuff in here.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I haven’t touched mine since I set it after the 1” front level and tire wear and handling has been great.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
When I went for my alignment on my Dually they had it leaning 1". Really looking forward to doing this myself. My Cam marks are set equal at one mark back now. Should only need minor adjustment from here. When I talked with Don at Thuren he said mirror them. Good information on this Thread. I have the 2" coils.

Users who are viewing this thread