Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home brew alignment theory

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Doing that alignment straightens the springs out real nice and gives a touch more clearance at the rear of the wheel well for the 37s. I barely trimmed anything at all.

Have you had a chance to check the tire fit while turning with some flex?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Before the alignment from a local shop
My only concern is they used the specs from a 1/2 ton as you can see in the picture... caster for ifs is different from solid axle

Dwilly

Reaction score
My only concern is they used the specs from a 1/2 ton as you can see in the picture... caster for ifs is different from solid axle
They did what i told them to do as per Thuren specs. Not sure why it says 1500. Makes no difference either way.

Dwilly

Reaction score
Have you had a chance to check the tire fit while turning with some flex?
Nothing touches. I went over a significant speed bump while turning and all was good.

Trooper

Reaction score
Drivers side.
This is exactly where mine are now and drive is perfect. I have 3"F/1"R level.
What was strange to me is that two local alignment places would not follow the Thuren spec, ignored my request, (even after showing them, I believe they don't understand so don't want liability) I drove an hour to another recommended place and that is all they would do, Thuren spec. I am very happy with the set up now

Squatch

Reaction score
Passenger side. Truck tracks straight and beautiful. Nice, light steering for a diesel with 37s.
I matched your settings this morning for those caster adjustments and it made a hell of a difference on the highway with wandering and greatly improved the trucks ability to automatically recenter the steering when you let the steering wheel go after turning. Thanks for the pics. I’ll also add, those suckers were damn hard to brake loose on my passenger side...holy s.... I’m thinking they had those quite a bit tighter than the 150 ft.lb spec.

Edit: torque spec is actually 225 ft/lb.

Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I matched your settings this morning for those caster adjustments and it made a hell of a difference on the highway with wandering and greatly improved the trucks ability to automatically recenter the steering when you let the steering wheel go after turning. Thanks for the pics. I’ll also add, those suckers were damn hard to brake loose on my passenger side...holy s.... I’m thinking they had those quite a bit tighter than the 150 ft.lb spec.
@LateToTheParty said they were 215lb ft when he broke his loose. think I read the spec was 230lb/ft. Double check the spec before you send it at 150lb/ft

Users who are viewing this thread