Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

Mikerob14

Reaction score

This is the number. The person you talk to on the recall told me they don't have any explanation on why they are fixing trucks in the order they are. He said he thinks but isn't positive ram doesn't control the order of repair. I asked if anyone at ram knew and he said probably not. Lol. I asked for a supervisor and he attempted 3 times to contact them but they were unavailable. He said I'm on a list for them to call me. We'll see.
It’s been mentioned before by @Jimmy07 on here that they pay $13 a day per truck for the dealers to hold them. I doubt they want to lose 130k a day in order to fix older model trucks first. The customer service side says different. I’d be willing to bet that they will take the chance and fix the odd customer that chases down a number to call as it makes them look even better when they make that repair happen for that one individual. Just an outside opinion and could be way off. Wish it were so simple as just fixing them all at once but nothing is ever that easy.

95Ctd

Reaction score
I doubt that as well. They are used to getting the floor plan checks instead of paying them.
I got an email from my salesman today "Just heard we are able to order the parts. Ill keep you posted." I responded I hope it's order and ship and not order and be put on a waiting list.

Dealer I purchased from is a small ram dealer. Started as a GM dealer then signed a contract to sell Jeeps and Ram. Hoping that works in my favor that they only had 5 rams there not all diesels and they are playing the cmon man we only got 3 trucks to fix and sell, help us out.
They started to build the separate building then covid paused the project. You can see the steel framing in the background of my Pic.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
It’s been mentioned before by @Jimmy07 on here that they pay $13 a day per truck for the dealers to hold them. I doubt they want to lose 130k a day in order to fix older model trucks first. The customer service side says different. I’d be willing to bet that they will take the chance and fix the odd customer that chases down a number to call as it makes them look even better when they make that repair happen for that one individual. Just an outside opinion and could be way off. Wish it were so simple as just fixing them all at once but nothing is ever that easy.

Yep, they are making $13/day while my truck sits there. Im sure they'd rather have the $73k from selling it to me

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Yep, they are making $13/day while my truck sits there. Im sure they'd rather have the $73k from selling it to me
I get it. But like I said. They are looking at all the trucks sold over the last three years. 130k a day paying out is far worse than not getting paid 73k. Unfortunately the dealer has no say in the matter unless they choose to go their own route and replace before ram tells them too. Believe me, I would lose my mind if I was in your shoes.

Adam06

Reaction score
Just stopped by a small dealership near me they have thee relays in. They have only two trucks on their lot and one person on waiting list. He get 3 every week, told me to go on next Wednesday and be the first person next week

scout110

Reaction score
Just stopped by a small dealership near me they have thee relays in. They have only two trucks on their lot and one person on waiting list. He get 3 every week, told me to go on next Wednesday and be the first person next week
For that 2022 model?

Adam06

Reaction score
That's good. Hopefully we start seeing more if that. Thanks for the info
No problem, he said each dealership is allocated a certain amount, they are a small dealership and have very few trucks.

Firewall

Reaction score
Question: I bought my truck at a dealer 100 miles away and now use my local dealer for service etc. Will my local dealer get the part once available or the original dealer?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Question: I bought my truck at a dealer 100 miles away and now use my local dealer for service etc. Will my local dealer get the part once available or the original dealer?
Neither automatically get the part you have to call the dealer for them to order parts they will order the part and give you an appointment to have the work done

Adam06

Reaction score
Where ever you make the appointment for.

scout110

Reaction score
No problem, he said each dealership is allocated a certain amount, they are a small dealership and have very few trucks.
My dealer only has 2 trucks on the lot right now. Mine is one. Lol. With the cummins.

sn_85

Reaction score
My biggest gripe is how much misinformation and inconsistency with how to handle the recall. I called my local cdjr dealership and they said there was no fix, no parts, no time frame and they were not doing a wait-list. They basically told me they couldn't do anything to help. And yet it's clear other dealerships have received different information. I'll call around to some other dealers to see if I can get someone a little more helpful.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I checked with a couple local dealers on both the relay and dipstick recall.

One of the dealers I had contacted a couple months ago to get on their list for the dipstick recall - I'm now 8th in line but was told when I called recently that it'd be June or later before they started getting more parts in...when I asked why they weren't getting their "one part each week" allotment - they of course had no clue. When I asked about the relay recall, they said they didn't have any parts and didn't know when they'd start receiving them.

Literally hung up and called another dealer that is close to the same size and they said they were having to do their "lot" trucks first before they could fix any others...I got put on their list.

so yeah, misinformation and inconsistency would be a good way to describe it

Last edited:

Ostracize

Reaction score
21 3500 here, part ordered 3 April, installed yesterday 11 April. Maybe this will actually fix the fire risk this time... Hopefully folks start getting theirs and in those stop sale trucks.

sn_85

Reaction score
I checked with a couple local dealers on both the relay and dipstick recall.

One of the dealers I had contacted a couple months ago to get on their list for the dipstick recall - I'm not 8th in line but was told when I called recently that it'd be June or later before they started getting more parts in...when I asked why they weren't getting their "one part each week" allotment - they of course had no clue. When I asked about the relay recall, they said they didn't have any parts and didn't know when they'd start receiving them.

Literally hung up and called another dealer that is close to the same size and they said they were having to do their "lot" trucks first before they could fix any others...I got put on their list.

so yeah, misinformation and inconsistency would be a good way to describe it
21 3500 here, part ordered 3 April, installed yesterday 11 April. Maybe this will actually fix the fire risk this time... Hopefully folks start getting theirs and in those stop sale trucks.

This is where the inconsistency and misinformation is so frustrating. I've spoken to 3 of my local dealerships. Two have told me there is no fix, no parts, no waitlist and to wait for another letter in the mail when parts are available. One of them told me there is only a fix for the 2023's and that there is no fix for 21's or 22's. The last dealership said similar things but at least put me on a waitlist and got my contact info. And yet here we have a forum member with a 21 that has already had the fix done? Ram Cares needs to get their **** together regarding the recall(s).

Reactions: jak

SCUBAJAKE

Reaction score
Fist i have heard about it. Ill be interested to see what the recall is fomy

Hearing a grid heater recall coming out this week 2-16-2023. Anyone else hear about this ? Anyone know what they will replace or change ?
My check engine light came on, dealer said it something about inlet temp, and RAM was working on a recall, but no parts available for the repair

1981d50

Reaction score
I have a blue 2022 on sales stop and my dealer just emailed and said she was told they can start fixing them on April 20th. 2024 Chevys are starting to arrive that will make my truck 2 years old down 100hp/125 tq. I'm loosing interest, do you think it will have the correct locking dipstick?

Users who are viewing this thread