Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

kjesik6445

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We completely how frustrating this recall has gotten for a lot of customers, we do appreciate all of your patience on this. The 13A: Grid Heater Relay will be releasing on April 4th. These are all done in phases, starting with the 2023 model year on down. Our team is doing their best trying to get this resolved. We appreciate your cooperation. Should you have any questions or concerns, please send us a PM. Thank you

William
Ram Cares
I understand this may take a little time, but I don’t understand why you are fixing trucks on the lot first that ARE NOT SOLD. I just purchased a new 22, put a large deposit down, but now need to sit and wait and wait. It’s very frustrating that I spent thousands of dollars just for a truck that is already SOLD to sit there. I am out of a vehicle until then with nothing but unknowns and nothing to show for my large payment.

Reactions: jak

sn_85

Reaction score
I understand this may take a little time, but I don’t understand why you are fixing trucks on the lot first that ARE NOT SOLD. I just purchased a new 22, put a large deposit down, but now need to sit and wait and wait. It’s very frustrating that I spent thousands of dollars just for a truck that is already SOLD to sit there. I am out of a vehicle until then with nothing but unknowns and nothing to show for my large payment.

The answer is obvious. They are fixing trucks that are not sold so that they can sell them and make money. Your money is already tagged and ear marked. I mean it may be better than those that already have their trucks that may catch fire and blow up in their driveway lol.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
It’s all about the almighty buck. They should at the very minimum by covering all payments on hold trucks + some olive branch crap thrown in.

Adam06

Reaction score
I called my dealership yesterday and was told we are looking at around 4 to 6 months for the 2022 fix. He told me it was okay to drive and you are more likely to be hit by lightning than having your truck catch on fire. I could not believe they aren’t concerned about lives. I was lucky to receive my truck before the recall ,but not very happy about how they look at this situation.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I called my dealership yesterday and was told we are looking at around 4 to 6 months for the 2022 fix. He told me it was okay to drive and you are more likely to be hit by lightning than having your truck catch on fire. I could not believe they aren’t concerned about lives. I was lucky to receive my truck before the recall ,but not very happy about how they look at this situation.
Hello,

We are anticipating to release the 13A recall for the 2022 model year at the end of this month. This is subject to change. We will keep everyone further posted on this. Thank you for your cooperation.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Thank you for expressing your concern about this, as we understand that many Ram customers are upset about this. Our team is doing everything to get this issue resolved in a timely matter. We are starting off with the 2023 model year on down, that way we are not backlogged with future vehicles being made. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

William
Ram Cares

sn_85

Reaction score

It’s gonna be okay, your truck will just catch on fire and maybe take out your house and anyone in it at the time. From RAMs perspective its better for your life and valuables to burn up in flames than their profits. As minuscule as a chance there is for it to catch fire the advice of “park it outside and not in the garage” certainly isn’t super reassuring.

Icky

Reaction score
It’s gonna be okay, your truck will just catch on fire and maybe take out your house and anyone in it at the time. From RAMs perspective its better for your life and valuables to burn up in flames than their profits. As minuscule as a chance there is for it to catch fire the advice of “park it outside and not in the garage” certainly isn’t super reassuring.
I think that's a CYA, they don't want to be responsible for anything burning down other than the truck.

cr_10

Reaction score
Hello,

We are anticipating to release the 13A recall for the 2022 model year at the end of this month. This is subject to change. We will keep everyone further posted on this. Thank you for your cooperation.

William
Ram Cares
Ram is turning into such a joke. Just like Ford. These dealers don’t give a damn about you. They care about their money. They keep making this recall availability a moving target and have no true answers. Complete joke.

tyler2you

Reaction score
Maybe we need another spreadsheet with transmission serial numbers on trucks in the date range with over 10K that haven't failed ;)

That would help some of us sleep better . . .

Icky

Reaction score
Maybe we need another spreadsheet with transmission serial numbers on trucks in the date range with over 10K that haven't failed ;)

That would help some of us sleep better . . .
I'd feel like I was jinxing myself. I'm have 18k on my 22 and I have a friend with his second failed trans.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Got a 21. Just disconnected the damn thing. Not holding my breath.

CharlieL

Reaction score
I received the Intake Air Grid Heater Relay recall notice in today's mail. When I checked at recalls.mopar.com, the site indicates "Incomplete but repair parts are not available." The link to get notified when parts are available leads to a site is undergoing maintenance notification. From all indications, parts are not available for this recall yet.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
I received the Intake Air Grid Heater Relay recall notice in today's mail. When I checked at recalls.mopar.com, the site indicates "Incomplete but repair parts are not available." The link to get notified when parts are available leads to a site is undergoing maintenance notification. From all indications, parts are not available for this recall yet.

Nope, only for 2023's right now.

mountainears

Reaction score
And best thing to do is contact your local dealer to get on their wait list. My local dealer has over 50 on the waitlist currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_T

Reaction score
Got a 21. Just disconnected the damn thing. Not holding my breath.
Ditto for me. I do wish I could schedule the transmission dip stick tube and vent hose though. I found my dipstick popped out once already. I have checked it several times since and it was fine so may have been a fluke. But still....

tchur1

Reaction score
All parts are going to 23's right now. They will recall the 22's next, then 21's. I thought I read in this thread or the other one that Ram Cares said 22's should start getting serviced later this month.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Thank you for expressing your concern about this, as we understand that many Ram customers are upset about this. Our team is doing everything to get this issue resolved in a timely matter. We are starting off with the 2023 model year on down, that way we are not backlogged with future vehicles being made. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

William
Ram Cares
What about us guys with 2021 models that have owned the truck for 2 years ?You need to find better sources for parts if you can't produce them fast enough to take care of existing customers first !!! I guess for any of us that are unlucky enough to have a failure and burn our $80k truck down stellantis can buy us a new one right ?

Users who are viewing this thread