Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

tchur1

Reaction score
Parts are indeed available at some dealerships. My truck had the recall completed this morning.
I called dealership they had one part available. I was there to ensure it went on my vehicle.
So were you able to bring her home for the first time?

DougB

Reaction score
Moper web site is quoting parts are available. I have reached out to my dealer to check in with Moper and confirm
Weird. The website says parts are NOT available when I enter my VIN. Perhaps there is a VIN prioritization.
1679674754457.png

Last edited:

Jcp6263

Reaction score
My dealer told me that they’re expecting a update from ram April 1 about parts and when they’re going to get them my truck has been sitting on the lot for 3 weeks now I ordered back in September. He did indicate to me that it could be as far out as May before, they receive the parts and I can collect the vehicle. At this point. I have pretty much lost all faith in ram. Their communication sucks. and I have already reached out to a couple dealers regarding a Chevy or a GMC I do not like the look of the exterior but the interior of the new 24s are beautiful and I’m getting a year ahead vehicle with newer technology. I haven’t fully made up my mind on what I’m going to do. I have about $1800 in accessories that I have purchased for my ram i’m going to give them another couple weeks to see if they come up with anything but they need to get their act together real quick. If not, I anticipate them losing a lot of business.
Well, the truck gods must’ve heard my complaining and came to the rescue dealer just called me and said he is getting a shipment of parts later on today or tomorrow and my vehicle is one of them to be repaired. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan I will have the truck in a couple days.

scout110

Reaction score
The communication from Ram is horrible. I called my dealer today and they have no clue and have heard of no parts available for this recall. I called FCA recall assistance and spoke to a man named Mike Haveeg and he told me it would probably be June or July! But on this forum it looks like there is some movement on parts. I don't know what to expect at this point.

cr_10

Reaction score
2023 or 2022 ? Parts are available for the 23’s as they are getting priority but not available for 22’s yet

mjlebsa

Reaction score
2023 or 2022 ? Parts are available for the 23’s as they are getting priority but not available for 22’s yet

I just called my dealer and asked because I have a 2022 and she said the solution they came up with is only for the 23s at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RossWatkins

Cranky
Reaction score
Moper web site is quoting parts are available. I have reached out to my dealer to check in with Moper and confirm
Parts are in! My dealer has confirmed it will be ready for pick up Monday. Interesting that Ram Cares has NOT notified any of us! Why are they so silent on this? How does a major recall seem to go under the radar for so long! There are more questions than answers on this. I suspect Ram Cares will issue a statement that they have done a wonderful job in getting parts to dealers early and that we as customers are very happy! I’m happy to finally get my $90,000 pick up, but super annoyed at Ram Cares. It makes one wonder, what customer service will be like going forward

mountainears

Reaction score
I just checked in with my dealer in Auburn, CA. I’m #55 on the list waiting for parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superjoe83

Reaction score
Helpful. Thanks

When you get the truck we’re all waiting for photos of the new relay.
Someone on Facebook posted this pic of the new relay, it looks just like the recalled part, obviously with some internal differences for fire prevention, lol

FB_IMG_1679706113451.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread