Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don’t tell me it’s a Hemi tick

whitexc

Reaction score
Glad to hear there is some sort of resolution.

I want one. Again today, 3888 miles in and oil changed about 1200 miles ago.....someone said "nice truck, why does it sound like that"? It really does sound crappy idling in a parking lot, in gear.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jerome32

Reaction score
Glad to hear there is some sort of resolution.

I want one. Again today, 3888 miles in and oil changed about 1200 miles ago.....someone said "nice truck, why does it sound like that"? It really does sound crappy idling in a parking lot, in gear.

whitexc

Reaction score
I don't think it's a knock as described here....just that crappy sound from the exhaust manifolds or whatever right up front. Hard to explain. It isn't a tick but it sounds like that. It sounds sloppy, with chatter almost.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I don't think it's a knock as described here....just that crappy sound from the exhaust manifolds or whatever right up front. Hard to explain. It isn't a tick but it sounds like that. It sounds sloppy, with chatter almost.

Like this?

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
It’s extremely common, my neighbor has the Hemi and I hear the exact same thing from his. There’s a whole thread about it.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I have a Hemi on order, I’m positive it’s exhaust somewhere but I bet go mad before I figure it out:D

whitexc

Reaction score
I’m assuming you’ve taken it to the dealership?
I have not, only due to just about every Hemi sounding similar. I have to take it in to have the good 'ol TPMS checked out as it likes to work when it wants to so maybe I can have the exhaust noise "checked". I am fairly certain I know the results.

jerome32

Reaction score
So the truck is still at the dealership. Apparently Ram wants them to change the intake manifold and it’s on back order. Originally it was supposed to be here on the 26th then the 30th now it’s sept 6th. So probably not getting my truck back till around mid September I dropped it off at the current dealership around the begging of July. This is getting kind of ridiculous at this point I think.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
So the truck is still at the dealership. Apparently Ram wants them to change the intake manifold and it’s on back order. Originally it was supposed to be here on the 26th then the 30th now it’s sept 6th. So probably not getting my truck back till around mid September I dropped it off at the current dealership around the begging of July. This is getting kind of ridiculous at this point I think.
Maybe tell them to buy you a Ford and keep the truck :p

jerome32

Reaction score
Oh man I’d never own a new Ford. I am a fan of the bumpsides and dent sides. 67-79. I also am a fan of the 87-96 also but that’s it.

jadmt

Reaction score
yes that would have me more than frustrated. I would be fighting for a new truck.

jerome32

Reaction score
yes that would have me more than frustrated. I would be fighting for a new truck.
Yeah I’m trying to be patient with them but it’s starting to wear thin. Unfortunately NC lemon law states it had to be back 4 times for the same repair and in the shop over 20 days which I have that covered but it’s only been to the shop twice.

jadmt

Reaction score
Yeah I’m trying to be patient with them but it’s starting to wear thin. Unfortunately NC lemon law states it had to be back 4 times for the same repair and in the shop over 20 days which I have that covered but it’s only been to the shop twice.
I would think at some point days in the shop trump times in the shop. seems like 60 days in the shop would trump 4X's and 20 days.

Users who are viewing this thread