Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY: Add Aux Switches to 19+ Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L

Rabbo

Reaction score
Do NOT get a bypass cable/brick that connects directly to the SGM behind the cluster. Major PITA.

If the KAoDTECH cables are OOS, reach out to Jimmy07 here. If he has parts and bandwidth, he can hook you up.

Thre's only one setting to enable AUX switch bank.

Link takes you to POST #1 in this thread. Read the posts Florotory went to a lot a time and effort to make for the benefit of everyone.

Got it, thank you. I purchased the harness kit from Florotory, it made the wiring part way easier...

Esmith1187

Reaction score
@Florotory I am in Aus, and have a 2022 6.7L 2500. Id love to undertake the AUX panel upgrade.
You seem to be the man with the solution from all the threads I have read.
I previously had a 1500 and that was easy, I just purchased the kit and had it installed.
The 2500 looks like I need to buy the separate pieces and build it myself?

I can see the part for the switchpanel I need is 68596339AA.
Not sure what else I need and what you can supply via international postage? Am I correct in assuming the 6.7L already has the AUX PDC? If that is the case, is is just the loom I need from you and the switch panel from an online mopar store?
Cheers.

Florotory

Reaction score
@Florotory I am in Aus, and have a 2022 6.7L 2500. Id love to undertake the AUX panel upgrade.
You seem to be the man with the solution from all the threads I have read.
I previously had a 1500 and that was easy, I just purchased the kit and had it installed.
The 2500 looks like I need to buy the separate pieces and build it myself?

I can see the part for the switchpanel I need is 68596339AA.
Not sure what else I need and what you can supply via international postage? Am I correct in assuming the 6.7L already has the AUX PDC? If that is the case, is is just the loom I need from you and the switch panel from an online mopar store?
Cheers.
Yes, you should already have the AUX PDC (unless the Australian models are different).

If you look at the first page or 2 of this thread there should be a list of what’s needed for the harness and terminals for inside the PDC. Not sure if you have sources for the terminals down under or not.

I’ll send you a PM.

Esmith1187

Reaction score
Yes, you should already have the AUX PDC (unless the Australian models are different).

If you look at the first page or 2 of this thread there should be a list of what’s needed for the harness and terminals for inside the PDC. Not sure if you have sources for the terminals down under or not.

I’ll send you a PM.
Appreciate the prompt reply! Greatly appreciated!

Ill await your message.

Florotory

Reaction score
does anyone have the part # for the AUX PDC? Don’t need the wiring just the PDC.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
does anyone have the part # for the AUX PDC? Don’t need the wiring just the PDC.
The aux PDC is an integrated part of the left dash harness, and simply can not be bought separately from a mopar parts supplier.

BadB5.9

Reaction score
Thanks for this article, especially Florotory and Jimmy07. I have a 21 2500 6.7 diesel with an 8.4 screen. I need an aux sw with exhaust brake, tow/haul, front park assist, rear park assist. I cannot find one. I checked the pn's earlier in this thread. They don't appear to have tow/haul. I don't (I think I don't) have a tow haul button/icon anywhere but on the switches that would be replaced with the new switch bank that has the aux sw's. Any info or help?

BadB5.9

Reaction score
I mean when I look them up. They list the exhaust brake and front/rear park assist. Just order by the pn's listed here?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you look here?

They all have tow/haul.

Tow/haul, exhaust brake, front and rear park assist:
19-21: 68476031AA (now replaced by 2022 part number)
22+: 68578994AA

Florotory

Reaction score
I was finally able to get all the parts needed to make the bypass cable as well since they tend to be out of stock. Ill add the diagram to one of the posts in the DIY section of this thread.

If anyone wants me to just build one for them just send me a DM.

Users who are viewing this thread