Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY: Add Aux Switches to 19+ Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L

Florotory

Reaction score
Let me know if you have issues using the newer style male pins. I want to go back and switch mine over to those. Curious if it’s worth the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florotory

Reaction score
I have 1 harness ready to ship if anyone needs it. If interested just shoot me a message.

JustARam22

Reaction score
What settings in alphaobd did you use? I can see it's referenced but I don't see it actually listed, unless I missed it

Daveburnette

Reaction score
I have 1 harness ready to ship if anyone needs it. If interested just shoot me a message.
I’m out of my depth here, buT just bought a used 2020 Ram 3500 and it had no upfitter wiring kit. I want to add a radar detector to one of the upfitter switches, but don’t have the jumper wires or the plug that goes in behind the emergency brake. I have a part # (68398184AB), but it appears it’s no longer available. Is your kit a solution?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
AFAIK, the 21+ wiring kit uses the same grey jumper that will get you the single pass-thru circuit you're looking for.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
21+ AUX supplemental wire kit 68512072

See this thread, it's in post#5.

Florotory

Reaction score
I need to order some terminals for another project. If anyone is interested in a harness I have about 95% of the stuff to make one I can just add on the terminals I don't have to the order I'm doing. DM me. Should be able to ship it early next week.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I'm still a little confused with the whole switches and power thing...

Where do these switches have inputs and outputs to? Like what are they switching?

If they aren't powered, where does power come from?

Florotory

Reaction score
The grey plugs on the side of the AUX pdc provides the power. It gets power from pdc thru relays, fuses ect.

Basically (someone feel free to correct me) you push the Aux button, it triggers the relay to allow power to go to the grey plugs hence powering lights, horns, compressor ect.

ZFORCE

Reaction score
I'm still a little confused with the whole switches and power thing...

Where do these switches have inputs and outputs to? Like what are they switching?

If they aren't powered, where does power come from?
The Aux Switches basically gives all of your accessories a central switching panel with an OEM look and location instead of mounting a bunch of aftermarket's switches all over your truck!

The aux switches are a set of switches (pictured) that can be wired to any accessory that you choose, through the PDC. For example you can add fog lights, reverse lights, a CB radio, a winch etc. You pick the accessories that you want to control and match them to the correct fuse and control them all through the Aux switch panel, the outputs are in the gray and black plugs mounted to the PDC in the engine compartment.

I have an HD Ram with the Cummins Diesel. Ram includes the Power Distribution Center aka PDC, however I had to add the 6 Switch Aux Panel. After that you will need to make a harness (or buy florotory’s custom harness-Highly recommended!) to control the relays and fuses you install in the PDC. You can also program the aux switches as momentary or latching switches and also program them to remember their last state, so that they remain on if they were last turned on etc.

Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_8424.jpeg
    IMG_8424.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 23

pr3dict

Reaction score
The Aux Switches basically gives all of your accessories a central switching panel with an OEM look and location instead of mounting a bunch of aftermarket's switches all over your truck!

The aux switches are a set of switches (pictured) that can be wired to any accessory that you choose, through the PDC. For example you can add fog lights, reverse lights, a CB radio, a winch etc. You pick the accessories that you want to control and match them to the correct fuse and control them all through the Aux switch panel, the outputs are in the gray and black plugs mounted to the PDC in the engine compartment.

I have an HD Ram with the Cummins Diesel. Ram includes the Power Distribution Center aka PDC, however I had to add the 6 Switch Aux Panel. After that you will need to make a harness (or buy florotory’s custom harness-Highly recommended!) to control the relays and fuses you install in the PDC. You can also program the aux switches as momentary or latching switches and also program them to remember their last state, so that they remain on if they were last turned on etc.

Hopefully this helps.
I appreciate you spelling out pdc ...

From what I can search, we all have a pdc, just not setup for the switches if we didn't order that...

Upfitter package is totally different? That includes the pass through wiring people keep mentioning?

Florotory

Reaction score
I appreciate you spelling out pdc ...

From what I can search, we all have a pdc, just not setup for the switches if we didn't order that...

Upfitter package is totally different? That includes the pass through wiring people keep mentioning?

If you have the 6.7L then yes you have AUX PDC. If you have the gasser then it didn’t come with AUX PDC.

The pdc in front of the battery isn’t the one that controls the switches.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Ok ok so what you're saying is I just need to order the switches and your wiring harness and I'm off to the races?

pr3dict

Reaction score
Ah i just realized I can't do this mod because I have that dumb trailer reverse knob thing.

22dually

Reaction score
If you are having trouble getting the relays in the 1st part list, the readily available and cheaper alternative is to use Keenso 39794SDAA05 Compressor Relays. They are working perfectly in mine. They have 2 small plastic tabs that you can clip off the case with your blunt cut pliers and they fit perfectly. They are 30 AMP rated so switching the max allowed 28A on any circuit is OK.

You can also use most any non insulated female blade terminal for your wiring (if it fits into the appropriate opening on the bottom of the AUX PDC relay and fuse holder.. You will need to trim out the center metal cross bar on the flat (not the curled side) of the female blade terminal so that it will hook on the little plastic catch mechanism in the AUX PDC.

Last edited:

22dually

Reaction score
I have also tested the ECRI Security Module Bypass for 2018+ Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Alfa Romeo, Fiat and it works perfectly in my 3500, and their delivery is very fast.

The procedure is to remove the gauge cluster by pulling off the moulding, pop the start button dash piece partially out and remove the lower corner piece on the drivers door side, remove the 4 screws (2 upper, 2 lower) and pull out the cluster. Reach in to the 2 connectors on the back of the Security module and plug them into ECRI. I used USB OBDLink EX to PC Notebook in the OBD port. Fire up the AlfaOBD, do your programming then disconnect and remove the ECRi and return the connectors to the gateway module. Replace the cluster and moulding.

3500MEGAHO

Reaction score
Is it possible to use EZlynk to turn the switches on? Has anyone looked of tried? I know they have the ability to do some things, like tire size, and keeping fogs on with high beams, etc. I wonder if they can activate the Aux Switches. If not will the bypass cable that is used for the EZlynk work for AlphaOBD?

Users who are viewing this thread