Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan's 2023 2500 Tradesman UNLimited

44Dan44

Reaction score
Installed the Rough Country 1500 Grille lights. It was an all day lollypop of a project but I love it. Full how-to details at https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/grille-lights-from-rough-country.11979/post-265002
IMG_1684.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG

Saved all the wiring for last. I'll be making all my connections on Aux 1-4 on the front. Stay tuned for that. A bunch of mowing needs to happen first.
Aux 1. LED Fog Lights
Aux 2. Rough Country Grille Light Kit for Ram 1500 6"
Aux 3. MandR Automotive 30" Light Bar
Aux 4. Front mounted electric Train Horn
Aux 5. Rear mounted electric Train Horn (too high of an Amp draw for one switch)
Aux 6. Rough Country 10" Slimline Rear Auxiliary Lights

Get ready to work dual alternators:p

Last edited:

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Installed the Rough Country 1500 Grille lights. It was an all day lollypop of a project but I love it. Full how-to details at https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/grille-lights-from-rough-country.11979/post-265002
View attachment 58098
View attachment 58099

View attachment 58100
View attachment 58108
View attachment 58101

Saved all the wiring for last. I'll be making all my connections on Aux 1-4 on the front. Stay tuned for that. A bunch of mowing needs to happen first.
Aux 1. MandR Light Bar
Aux 2. Fog Lights
Aux 3. RC Grille Lights
Aux 5. Rear mounted electric Train Horn (too high of an Amp draw for one switch)
Aux 6. Auxiliary rear/reverse lights

It almost looks like the Tradesman grill has less surface area to restrict air vs the Bighorn and above grills.

I wonder if that is true?

44Dan44

Reaction score
It almost looks like the Tradesman grill has less surface area to restrict air vs the Bighorn and above grills.

I wonder if that is true?
Don't know for sure. Could be, I prefer the look of the Tradesman grille, I'm sure it was discussed at length in 2019 but I don't know the reason for, or like the appearance of, the indentation on other trims??? If anyone knows if there is a reason for it please tell me.
my22-ram-2500-02-gallery-11.jpg.image.2880.jpg.jpeg

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Don't know for sure. Could be, I prefer the look of the Tradesman grille, I'm sure it was discussed at length in 2019 but I don't know the reason for, or like the appearance of, the indentation on other trims??? If anyone knows if there is a reason for it please tell me.
View attachment 58122
I personally don’t like the chrome version at all, but the bighorn version is good.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Big fan of Posi-Lock in certain situations. Re-useable, strong connection.
I especially like them in situations where you know you are going to make a change in the near future, such as under dash, or where the accessories you install could be getting pulled out for warranty replacement or moved to a different car, for example. And obviously.... their intended use, tapping in the middle of a wire without cutting it.

I first learned of them in Kuwait, we were tasked with installing armor kits on Humvees (HMMWV), the kits came with supplemental cooling fans that needed to be hooked up. I then started using them in landscape lighting, we got reassigned every 2-3 years and I like outdoor lighting so I've done about 6 houses. Have never experienced a failure or loose connection through all weather conditions.
IMG_1788.JPG

Matt58

Reaction score
How bad was the modifications to get the 1500 grill lights to fit? I really want these but have been hesitant to tackle the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44Dan44

Reaction score

44Dan44

Reaction score
Mounted these up, 8,000 lumen for the pair. I like the length vs a cube size/style light. The provided brackets can be used 2 ways, I chose the orientation that results in nearly a flush mount.
For the look, the price, the warranty, I don't think you can beat these.
View attachment 57779

Powered via Aux 6 / Red/White/ Battery
View attachment 57780

A decent harness with relay/switch/fuse/etc is included, chopped up and just used the connectors at the lights.
View attachment 57781

View attachment 57782

View attachment 57783

I have them aimed higher rather than ground focused, happy with the resulting light spray.
View attachment 57784

View attachment 57785
Got a shot full dark this time.
Pleased.
IMG_1809.JPG

44Dan44

Reaction score
View attachment 58098
View attachment 58099

View attachment 58100
View attachment 58108
View attachment 58101

Aux 1. MandR Light Bar
Aux 2. Fog Lights
Aux 3. RC Grille Lights
Aux 6. Auxiliary rear/reverse lights

Impressive!
$119.00
Image 6-11-23 at 7.13 AM.jpg

44Dan44

Reaction score
Amazing

Do you think there is a way to aim them down any?
You would have to cut much more structure when installing. If you looked at the install pics thread I am referring to cutting the high side to be the same height as the short side. That would get you a lot of adjustability. It’s do-able….. but, not going to be adjustable after the fact, meaning, set them where you think you might want them, reinstall grille, pull grille back off to adjust again. So during the install before you completely put it all back together, grille on and off is easy if you’ve planned ahead with a quick disconnect for wiring. The tightening of the screws that hold the light to the faceplate (and allow for adjustment) are not accessible after grille is installed.

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
You would have to cut much more structure when installing. If you looked at the install pics thread I am referring to cutting the high side to be the same height as the short side. That would get you a lot of adjustability. It’s do-able….. but, not going to be adjustable after the fact, meaning, set them where you think you might want them, reinstall grille, pull grille back off to adjust again. So during the install before you completely put it all back together, grille on and off is easy if you’ve planned ahead with a quick disconnect for wiring. The tightening of the screws that hold the light to the faceplate (and allow for adjustment) are not accessible after grille is installed.
For more adjustability vs locked in place.IMG_1641.JPGIMG_1680.JPGIMG_1681.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread