Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan's 2023 2500 Tradesman UNLimited

jsalbre

Reaction score
"self certification". I am comfortable believing that; there are no consequences of falsifying a self certification, and/or certain companies are big enough not to care if caught, and that smaller companies would rather not risk it and therefore cover themselves by saying off road only.

The link to Tacoma Forum (in my opinion) is the kind of testing and results that someone making money from saying words (SAE) should be putting out on all lights that claim to meet their standard. Great read.

Another point I'll make, against SAE designation as the be all, end all answer. Considering that, the majority I'd guess, of people who spend xxx dollars on high end fog lights, on trucks, jeeps, etc also LIFT those vehicles, since it is unknowable without paying, I'm going to guess that, the standard is also based on fog lights being mounted xxx inches from the ground, so if then a vehicle is lifted, the SAE designation is invalidated? Seems logical.

For the record, Having had Lasik and then Cataract lens replacements, I'm blinded by factory LED low beams on sedans so I'm all for the proper light, just stirring conversation.
It's a good thing to discuss, and I'm glad you're asking questions.

I haven't had eye surgery, but I have very light sensitive eyes, so automotive lighting is an important topic to me. I also am a bit of a nerd, so I find the science behind all of it to be fascinating.

I'm not sure what the SAE standard says about mounting height, but I know it specifies aiming requirements, so I'm sure mounting is in there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread