Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colorado snowmageddon 21

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Post some pics of the aftermath. Our grandkids live outside of Aurora, just moved there 2 months ago from Southern California and love it. They are excited and anxious, this will be their first experience with big snowfall.

Good luck and stay safe.

Nd79

Reaction score
It's sticking to the streets now but we'll see what it actually brings... Not expecting anything like the '03 spring storm anymore.

Nd79

Reaction score
I think 03 was the double 42" days apart storm? They're all a blur.

View attachment 13261

I think 03 was the double 42" days apart storm? They're all a blur.

View attachment 13261
My dad still has his 2nd gen! Good looking truck...

I believe that was the one, yes. All I remember is it hit at the end of our spring break for school and we ended up getting 2 weeks off instead of one! That and building a snow ramp in our back yard from about the height of the roof of the house, down to the deck, off the stairs of the deck, and into the yard. Best sledding in our back yard ever! I was hoping for something similar to now let my 2 boys enjoy.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My dad still has his 2nd gen! Good looking truck...

I believe that was the one, yes. All I remember is it hit at the end of our spring break for school and we ended up getting 2 weeks off instead of one! That and building a snow ramp in our back yard from about the height of the roof of the house, down to the deck, off the stairs of the deck, and into the yard. Best sledding in our back yard ever! I was hoping for something similar to now let my 2 boys enjoy.

I traded that 98 gasser for my 04.5 Cummins. My first diesel. She nearly broke my heart a few times (trans) but never left me stranded and I let her go last year after I bought the 2020.

Nd79

Reaction score
Nice! Yeah my dad's '01 360ci gas he uses as a run around truck now but used to plow with it. I would ride along with him a lot of nights. Original engine/trans in his still. He has a '12 cummins he uses mainly for his camping trips and we run a '17 cummins for work that has worked out well for us. I have on order now a '21 cummins to start my own business with and I'm hoping it hold up as well as the others have for us.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
We got back to back storms here in early 2010, I think the total for those 2 was over 50 inches. We had several big snowfalls before that too a lot of which was still on the ground, it was a tough winter. January 2016 was our last big storm, we got 2 - 3 feet in 24 hours. They normally do a good job clearing the roads here but that was too much snow, too fast for anyone to handle. I had to use the ATV with a plow to dig out just so I could use the snow thrower. I cleaned my driveway but ... nowhere to go because the roads didn’t get cleared for several days.

35CC74B4-E5DB-4F50-BD14-BCEC80D87447.jpeg
07FF0ABE-B42A-49ED-A59A-5D3650D920AC.jpeg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
1615694549383.png

Something doesn't seem right about 2003 shown.. I seem to recall getting hit with 2 storms that were like 10 days apart. Where I live, it was 42" for the first and something like 38" for the second storm. But like I said, it's all a blur.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! Yeah my dad's '01 360ci gas he uses as a run around truck now but used to plow with it. I would ride along with him a lot of nights. Original engine/trans in his still. He has a '12 cummins he uses mainly for his camping trips and we run a '17 cummins for work that has worked out well for us. I have on order now a '21 cummins to start my own business with and I'm hoping it hold up as well as the others have for us.

The 98 gasser had an NV4500. That thing was bulletproof behind that 360.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Yawn...a few years ago my hometown, Erie in Pennsylvania, received 63" in two days. We were angry since we ended up at 199.7" for the year and didn't break 200".

View attachment 13268
Lake effect snow totals don’t count !! Doesn’t sound as cool as snowmaggedon, polar vortex or bomb cyclone ... how many firemen does it take to shovel a driveway... snow shovel operator equation ... looks like 1 per foot of snow in Erie !!

Just kidding that’s definitely an amount worthy of rescue operations. Thanks for doing the job !! God bless you

Nd79

Reaction score
View attachment 13265

Something doesn't seem right about 2003 shown.. I seem to recall getting hit with 2 storms that were like 10 days apart. Where I live, it was 42" for the first and something like 38" for the second storm. But like I said, it's all a blur.
Yeah I'm not sure if they separated the two storms in that or how it is officially measured but I know it was definitely the biggest snow storm I have seen in my lifetime living here. I think you might be right in that it was two consecutive storms, which is usually the only way snow will really pile up here. I have heard some of my parents friends that lived in CO talk about the 80's storm too. Not going to get anywhere near any of that this time it looks like.

1651Naismith

Reaction score
View attachment 13265

My memory matches yours. Here, both storms were greater than 36” And pushed me over the edge to break down and buy a snow blower. LOL

That 2nd one was the “billion dollar storm” due to the heavy moisture content and filling up all the reservoirs, soaking the ground and preventing another fire season like 2002.

Nd79

Reaction score
The snow is finally hitting today so I might have spoke too soon last night. Looks to be about a foot in places.

Attachments

• PXL_20210314_160118916.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20210314_160118916.MP~2.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread