Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colorado snowmageddon 21

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
that is the only time it's ever happened. I've been that on that road trip 8 or so times during winter precip, along with weeks in mountain weather, in that truck. I think alot of my situation was the wind chill and mix of precip. that was a helluva freak winter storm.

Nd79

Reaction score
that is the only time it's ever happened. I've been that on that road trip 8 or so times during winter precip, along with weeks in mountain weather, in that truck. I think alot of my situation was the wind chill and mix of precip. that was a helluva freak winter storm.
It was blowing all over and plastering onto things pretty well. I spent all day today playing with the kids outside in the snow and snowblowing. I used my neighbors snow blower and did his drive, then mine. I never really wanted a snow blower before this winter, maybe that comes with age??? It's so much nicer.

Side note.... Do you have a patriot blue Tradesman with the black bumpers? I ask because that is exactly what I ordered and it's been impossible finding any pictures of a Patriot blue one without the chrome package.

1651Naismith

Reaction score
I got a year’s worth of use out of our snowblower between yesterday and today. Cleaned our drive multiple times and then up doing our street from our drive to the corner. My wife got stuck in her MDX last night and there was no way we were going to get it home given the amount of snow in the streets. The wind destroyed the work the one plow did last night.

It’s always fun getting to use my truck and recovery gear to rescue a vehicle. However, the best part was the discussion with my wife after I picked her and my son from the ditch at 10 pm:

Wife: thanks for coming to get us
Me: no problem, glad I have the truck
Wife: Yeah
Me: it’s all about ground clearance in the snow. The MDX doesn’t have much.
Wife: that for sure.
Me: we should probably look at getting a lift and larger tires for the new truck I ordered yesterday (2021 2500 Mega Limited)
Wife: that’s a good idea.

Tough part will be deciding between Carli and Thuren. LOL

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a year’s worth of use out of our snowblower between yesterday and today. Cleaned our drive multiple times and then up doing our street from our drive to the corner. My wife got stuck in her MDX last night and there was no way we were going to get it home given the amount of snow in the streets. The wind destroyed the work the one plow did last night.

It’s always fun getting to use my truck and recovery gear to rescue a vehicle. However, the best part was the discussion with my wife after I picked her and my son from the ditch at 10 pm:

Me: we should probably look at getting a lift and larger tires for the new truck I ordered yesterday (2021 2500 Mega Limited)

LOL, never let a good crisis go to waste. Way to work her over.

With what I've read lately, Thuren. I'm not a candidate for a lift towing the 5th wheel but if I was, I'd do the Thuren King setup. never know, maybe someday (if they offer a 0" lift), I'll upgrade the factory suspension.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score

Could you come and talk to my wife??

1651Naismith

Reaction score
LOL, never let a good crisis go to waste. Way to work her over.

With what I've read lately, Thuren. I'm not a candidate for a lift towing the 5th wheel but if I was, I'd do the Thuren King setup. never know, maybe someday (if they offer a 0" lift), I'll upgrade the factory suspension.
Yeah. I don’t want to lose payload capacity so it’s probably Thuren or a Carli level kit. Just a bit more ground clearance, better ride quality, and modest off-road capability for our weekend trips and family vacations.

In all honestly, I’m probably 9+ months out on the lift. Need to do the topper, bedrug mat, edge cts insight, xpel on front and rocker panels, and a few other things first. The actual truck purchase is just the start. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread