Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Deflector

MikeXM

Reaction score
Aren't you guys worried those deflectors might increase chances of hood flapping? I remember seeing one guy complaining about this issue and pictures showed a deflector installed.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Aren't you guys worried those deflectors might increase chances of hood flapping? I remember seeing one guy complaining about this issue and pictures showed a deflector installed.
I've not had a loose hood issue yet. Knock on wood, but I dont have a hood defender either. Now, i personally don't like those ones that allot of folks have or the mopar one that sticks up. The one were talking about doesn't really stick up at all, it just lays flat with the contour of the hood.

Jcannon

Reaction score
I had the last one painted to match. Held very well. lasted years until i traded it in.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had the last one painted to match. Held very well. lasted years until i traded it in.
Hmph. Never had much luck with after mkt paint jobs on plastic. I guess body shops do it all the time though. If you don't mind me inquiring, how much did you give to have it custom painted

Jcannon

Reaction score
Hmph. Never had much luck with after mkt paint jobs on plastic. I guess body shops do it all the time though. If you don't mind me inquiring, how much did you give to have it custom painted
It was free, I worked for a Ford dealership.

Tsys100718

Reaction score
I started off wanting the chrome, but now I'm all in and waiting for a billet silver match. The hood and front look beafy as they are but I think a billet silver defender would give it some more 3d dimension and make it look more beefy yet classy

I bought the AVS® - Bugflector II™ Dark Smoke Hood Shield from CarID. I went ahead and bought the smoke because I couldn't find chrome in-channel vent visors for the windows. I actually think it looks pretty good with the billet silver! Just my opinion.
truck.jpg

Pay no attention to our little yellow traveling companion! She's ALWAYS ready for a roadtrip!

Jcannon

Reaction score
I paid for the deflector but paint job was free. Looks good in plain smoked color too

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jned671

Banned and tried to rejoin
Reaction score
I bought the AVS® - Bugflector II™ Dark Smoke Hood Shield from CarID. I went ahead and bought the smoke because I couldn't find chrome in-channel vent visors for the windows. I actually think it looks pretty good with the billet silver! Just my opinion.
View attachment 5714

Pay no attention to our little yellow traveling companion! She's ALWAYS ready for a roadtrip!

08a45e78-2352-4ef6-8f60-e9626b91ebc6.jpeg
Was out camping a couple of weeks ago in Ely... pulled that hauler and red RZR. Put on like 800 mile that weekend and you can count the bug strikes on my window using both hands. Didn't block 100%, but it definitely did its job. Buddies trucks were littered with bug strikes.

tja1977

Reaction score
Any news or release date for the Mopar Chrome (Part# 82215750) Bug Shield?

tja1977

Reaction score
I only see the Chrome Aeroskin that sticks to the hood with tape, which I do not mind and looks really good.

I just wanted to check before I buy, if any other companies have came out with a Chrome bolt on bug deflector yet?

The Aeroskin is the only Chrome bug defector I can find.

BroKV

Reaction score
I’m looking at the Bugflector II for my 2500. You guys have some reviews and photos in addition to what’s in this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Warweasel

Reaction score
I only see the Chrome Aeroskin that sticks to the hood with tape, which I do not mind and looks really good.

I just wanted to check before I buy, if any other companies have came out with a Chrome bolt on bug deflector yet?

The Aeroskin is the only Chrome bug defector I can find.
I found and bought the MOPAR chrome deflector. Use the part number earlier in the thread, and have the parts people look it up in the warehouse that they ship from. It was the only way that the dealer could find it. It wasn't listed in the regular parts lookup. 1624125335962.jpeg

John Jensen

Reaction score
I installed a WeatherTech, Smoke Gray - # 50282 on my 2020 Billet Silver. It looks jut like the AVS pictured on past 29. In fact the parts package was AVS. I thought it was a mistake, so I asked WeatherTech for another parts package which they promptly sent. Ah ha, it was also an AVS package. So I believe the WeatherTech deflector is also an AVS deflector, they look exactly the same.

Was doubtful it would look good or work very well, but installed it anyway to protect from rock chips. To my surprise it works very well keeping bugs off the windshield. And looks good.

dm6

Reaction score
For those of you who do have a bug deflector, do you think it does much for rock chips or is a good idea for them? One of my cars has a quite few on the hood but it is low to the ground and actually slopes way down and really isn't that bad for being 12 years old. I am wondering if since the hood is so high on this trucks and pretty flat, if rock trips are a concern. Or does it depend more on what part of the country you live and if they sand the road more often or not?

jned671

Banned and tried to rejoin
Reaction score
I guess that all depends on a few things like the size/speed of the rock and the speed of which your traveling. If it’s a bigger/heavier rock I don’t think the bug deflector really can anything to stop/prevent/deflect it. My opinion though. There may be a rock/debris velocity expert in here who could chime in.

BroKV

Reaction score
Ordered the Bugflector II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread