Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Deflector

Chriuus

Reaction score
Has anyone found a bug deflector for the hood of the 2019s yet?

20ozjolt

Reaction score
It does exist. Mopar factory part.
It is not in the catalog and your dealer will need to call mopar for the part number

It took mine a while but they got it for me I put it on yesterday.

3500 2019 tradesman

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I want the chrome lund defender series but there not out yet for 19s&20s

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna hold out on a sleek custom painted guard to match the billet. Twice as much but it will look dope

jned671

Banned and tried to rejoin
Reaction score
Its attached via 6 or 8 push pins can’t remember exactly. Sandwiched between the hood and the rubber molding. Haven’t ran the Ram through the carwash yet. I’ve had it on the Taco for at least 5 years and that truck goes through a brushed carwash at least once a month. No issues. It’s has also held up well in the Las Vegas heat.

Ram-a-lam

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Mopar for my 2019 3500. Comes in a matte black finish. Was around $120.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Im holding out for a color match version for billet on the hds. From what I CAN tell so far is that AVS is the only co making color versions so far

John Jensen

Reaction score
I notice that my 2020 catches windshield bugs at a lot higher rate than my 2016.
So I also am interested in a bug defector.
To those that have installed one on their 2019 or 2020 are you finding the deflector works? Works well?

Warweasel

Reaction score
Im holding out for a color match version for billet on the hds. From what I CAN tell so far is that AVS is the only co making color versions so far
MOPAR has one in their accessory catalog (P/N 82215750AB) for $165. My dealer says that they can't get it until January. The ones that I've seen online vary from $125-retail, however the shipping charges range from $35-$60, which is ridiculous. I'd like to stay with MOPAR, but I'm leaning toward the AVS.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
MOPAR has one in their accessory catalog (P/N 82215750AB) for $165. My dealer says that they can't get it until January. The ones that I've seen online vary from $125-retail, however the shipping charges range from $35-$60, which is ridiculous. I'd like to stay with MOPAR, but I'm leaning toward the AVS.
I've researched this part # and can't find any info on it to make sure that it's a color match protector. I can't even find what vehicle it fits. I have found it for $125 though so that's not bad if in fact it is a color match piece,. Can you post any info that you found on it.

Warweasel

Reaction score
I've researched this part # and can't find any info on it to make sure that it's a color match protector. I can't even find what vehicle it fits. I have found it for $125 though so that's not bad if in fact it is a color match piece,. Can you post any info that you found on it.
I guess if you mean chrome, by "color match". All I have is a picture that I took from the dealer's copy of the accessory catalog. The AB I added since when you search the part number, all the selling websites say that the number with "AB" replaces the p/n. And yes, I found it for $125 also, but they want $60 to ship. Good luck!

Attachments

• 995794A7-7B5D-4753-B11A-94CAEE940555.jpeg
    995794A7-7B5D-4753-B11A-94CAEE940555.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 96

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I guess if you mean chrome, by "color match". All I have is a picture that I took from the dealer's copy of the accessory catalog. The AB I added since when you search the part number, all the selling websites say that the number with "AB" replaces the p/n. And yes, I found it for $125 also, but they want $60 to ship. Good luck!
I guess that's my bad for not clarifying. When i said color match, I meant color matched to match my billet silver. I know avs has some different vehicle colors available but not billet silver yet. Plus I defiantly prefer the sleek low pro hood protectors vs the ones that stick up. I guess I want mine to pretty much blend in and add a little 3d dimension, ( that's why I'm not going with just the film), but protect as well

Warweasel

Reaction score
I guess that's my bad for not clarifying. When i said color match, I meant color matched to match my billet silver. I know avs has some different vehicle colors available but not billet silver yet. Plus I defiantly prefer the sleek low pro hood protectors vs the ones that stick up. I guess I want mine to pretty much blend in and add a little 3d dimension, ( that's why I'm not going with just the film), but protect as well
Yes, I want the chrome also. Let me know if you find a deal on it!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I started off wanting the chrome, but now I'm all in and waiting for a billet silver match. The hood and front look beafy as they are but I think a billet silver defender would give it some more 3d dimension and make it look more beefy yet classy

Jcannon

Reaction score
Check out the AVS Aeroskin. Lays flat on the hood with tape... Super sturdy!! Can paint as well! Nice and flat doesnt stick up

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Check out the AVS Aeroskin. Lays flat on the hood with tape... Super sturdy!! Can paint as well! Nice and flat doesnt stick up
That was the one i was eye balling . The avs aeroskin, i really like the low pro sleek look but it didn't come in billet silver. Aren't they just plastic, don't know how well that would paint. I guess a body shop could do it but that would be an expensive gamble of it didn't come out. Do you have any knowledge on painting those things

Users who are viewing this thread