Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blinker Cameras

jsalbre

Reaction score
Is this all about BLINDSPOT MONITOR with sensors only, or is there some camera addition I haven't seen. My 19 has the former, my 23 is not here yet to check into the possible latter.

This is about the turn signal activated blind spot camera on ‘23 models with the 360 camera system. It’s new for this year, and so far we only have one user on here who has reported his work.

I’ve been to the dealer who reported there are no existing STAR cases that match the issue, so they opened one.

Slucia

Reaction score
Hello, have someone showing us how to hook up and maneuver our rv to our new truck and while the guy was showing my wife who was in the driver seat how to use the trailer switches, for a moment a red menu popped up on the dash where the speedometer is that showed some additional setting I have not seen before and can’t seem to find again. For a moment I saw something that said blinker or something turned off, then my wife pressed the menu buttons and the menu was gone. I think this needs to be turned on to make the blinker camera work (in addition to the connect 5 switches also turned on.

Can anyone tell me how to find that other feature menu selection?It is similar in appearance to the customize of controls in red, perhaps with larger letters, similar but not the same.

Anyway, I think if you find that menu, and turn on the blinker camera feature it might work. I think they were other trailer settings there too.

jsalbre

Reaction score
There aren’t any camera related settings on the instrument cluster. Is it possible you saw the message saying that rear parksense was disabled, or the trailer blind spot monitoring was disabled (this happens when you select a 5th wheel trailer)?

Slucia

Reaction score
There aren’t any camera related settings on the instrument cluster. Is it possible you saw the message saying that rear parksense was disabled, or the trailer blind spot monitoring was disabled (this happens when you select a 5th wheel trailer)?
As I said, we were sitting there idling in park. The person was discussing the trailer tow and engine braking buttons while my wife sat at the wheel, i was in the back seat. A wine colored message showed up with a couple of options but I only saw it a couple seconds, the top function said off not disabled and I thought it said blidspot something was off It was too fast for me to make out, happened a second time too and all three of us saw it so either she hit a button on the wheel or pushed something, I’ve tried twice now and can’t get it back, although we were hooked to the trailer at the time, maybe that had something to do with it (?)

Another lesson tomorrow. Maybe it will happen again

jsalbre

Reaction score
Do you have the trailer reverse steering control (little knob in the lower dash)? If so going into the settings for that will pop up a message about the blind spot assist camera being turned off.

Slucia

Reaction score
I asked for it when I ordered the truck, they misinterpreted that to be camera reverse guidance so no. They also told me it’s too late to put it in now.

Still no camera with blinkers. I’ll put in a formal request to repair it when I get 5,000 mile service.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I asked for it when I ordered the truck, they misinterpreted that to be camera reverse guidance so no. They also told me it’s too late to put it in now.

Still no camera with blinkers. I’ll put in a formal request to repair it when I get 5,000 mile service.
If you already have the truck and signed for it i don't think you will get anywhere with your formal request…

Joints4Sale

Reaction score
After having the Dealer poke around the truck for a week with input from the mothership they had not fixed anything. So I picked up the truck and my Apple CarPlay wouldn't work. I tried multiple times to reconnect/disconnect and couldn't get it to work. So I decided to do a factory reset of the radio. It warned that the cameras might be inoperable for several minutes. Did the reset and ALL my cameras disappeared. I went to meet some friends for breakfast about an hour down the road but the cameras never came back. When I got to the restaurant I decided to do the reset again before going in for chow. When I got back out to the truck ALL my cameras were back INCLUDING the Blind spot camera when using the turn signal. Several days later I did a reset of my phone and was able to get CarPlay to work again.
So try doing a Factory Reset. Maybe more than once.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well that’s interesting. My dealership tried a full reload of the software and it didn’t help. I’ll have to give it a try and talk to them.

Slucia

Reaction score
After having the Dealer poke around the truck for a week with input from the mothership they had not fixed anything. So I picked up the truck and my Apple CarPlay wouldn't work. I tried multiple times to reconnect/disconnect and couldn't get it to work. So I decided to do a factory reset of the radio. It warned that the cameras might be inoperable for several minutes. Did the reset and ALL my cameras disappeared. I went to meet some friends for breakfast about an hour down the road but the cameras never came back. When I got to the restaurant I decided to do the reset again before going in for chow. When I got back out to the truck ALL my cameras were back INCLUDING the Blind spot camera when using the turn signal. Several days later I did a reset of my phone and was able to get CarPlay to work again.
So try doing a Factory Reset. Maybe more than once.
Thank you, thank you! I have an appointment next week to have mine looked at. I can tell them if all else fails to do that!

Scott

Slucia

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you! I have an appointment next week to have mine looked at. I can tell them if all else fails to do that!

Scott
Hello again, can you tell me what you did to reset. Not sure I’m doing it right.

Scott

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Well that's good news for y'all. I don't even have the option in the menu to select the blinker camera option. Would have thought having the 360 cameras it would be there.

Slucia

Reaction score
Son of a gun!!
It worked!!
Blind spot cameras are working with the blinkers!!

Can’t thank you enough!!

Scott

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well that's good news for y'all. I don't even have the option in the menu to select the blinker camera option. Would have thought having the 360 cameras it would be there.
What year is your truck?

phatboy64

Reaction score
I think I posted this i another thread but did the factory reset today and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread