Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blinker Cameras

Slucia

Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone tell me why the blind spot cameras on my 2023 ram with unconnected 5, 12” don’t come on?

There are three options under cameras; off, on and trailer only.

Currently set to on, yet no camera with the blinker. Have cycled through each setting a few times.

My dealer doesn’t seem to know either.

Didn’t know I have a kit with trailer cameras coming to me either until I read it in the manual. Apparently they are on back order, so still waiting for those. I’m sure that’s what’s needed for the trailer option but I’m thinking it should come on when set to on.

Thanks,

Scott

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

pizzatots

Reaction score
this is definitely a thing for folks with a '23, myself included.

another thread here:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yeah, the majority of us with ‘23 trucks have non-working turn signal activated cameras. I have an appointment on the 28th (soonest I could get in) to have my dealership look at it.

Slucia

Reaction score
Thank you for your response!
Nice to know I’m not alone with this problem, hopefully there will be a fix soon.

rbram

Reaction score
Just picked up my 23 Tuesday and mine doesnt come on either with the blinker

pizzatots

Reaction score
@RamCares - not sure if you report these issues up to the uconnect team, or if we all need dealer trips for you to measure impact, but FYI.

Slucia

Reaction score
@RamCares - not sure if you report these issues up to the uconnect team, or if we all need dealer trips for you to measure impact, but FYI.
I spoke to the dealer about it and reported it here.

Also found out they owe me 4 trailer cameras, as no one told me about that either.

jsalbre

Reaction score
My dealer spent a couple hours looking at it this morning. They tried a config restore a couple times and every combination of the settings and a trailer plugged in or not they could think of. Unsurprisingly they were unable to fix it. They’ve opened a Star case and will get back to me as soon as they’ve heard something. The service advisor also asked that if I hear anything useful here before I hear from him to let him know.

I’ll update here when I hear back from them.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Thanks for the tag, pizzatots!

We certainly appreciate the feedback and would be glad to document a case for anyone that is experiencing this for further handling. Feel welcome to share your VIN and any additional details via PM anytime.

Steph
Ram Cares

ptbonham

Reaction score

We certainly appreciate the feedback and would be glad to document a case for anyone that is experiencing this for further handling. Feel welcome to share your VIN and any additional details via PM anytime.

Steph
Ram Cares
Have the same issue uconnect said it should work told me to uninstall app and reinstall it. Didn't work my vin is 3C6UR5DJ1PG564907

OldBiloxiBeard

Reaction score

Steph
Ram Cares
Put me down for it as well.

scdo

Reaction score

Steph
Ram Cares
Same problem here. Tried all combos of settings but it just does not work.

Bessie

Reaction score
Is this all about BLINDSPOT MONITOR with sensors only, or is there some camera addition I haven't seen. My 19 has the former, my 23 is not here yet to check into the possible latter.

ptbonham

Reaction score
Is this all about BLINDSPOT MONITOR with sensors only, or is there some camera addition I haven't seen. My 19 has the former, my 23 is not here yet to check into the possible latter.
I have 360 camera veiw

Bessie

Reaction score
Got it, a whole new set of instructions! Have you by chance tried it in reverse?

Users who are viewing this thread