Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baja Design reverse lights triggered by aux reverse switch

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
I just installed these yesterday and tapped into the white with purple wire located at the passenger side brake light area. If there is a way to also have them trigger with the cargo / reverse mirror lights that would be amazing!!!

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
You can use AlfaOBD to enable the lights in reverse. MS and CA don't allow it to be programmed that way from the factory.
I like what I'm hearing!! excuse mt ignorance here but how do i get that done? Sounds like I need to get a hold of a AlfaOBD devise?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I like what I'm hearing!! excuse mt ignorance here but how do i get that done? Sounds like I need to get a hold of a AlfaOBD devise?

Got Android?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
You will need AlfaOBD, or JScan, a security bypass cable, and a OBDII dongle.

These are what I have:

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
Okay Thx!! Bummer I have all apple products. Guess I will need an android of some sort. I will start reading up on this, Thx Y'all!!!

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
I mounted these o the closest to center bolts and angled them out a tad. I didn't like the look of them out so far and they work great here. Now to figure out how to wire them up to the AUX reverse switch.... Baja Design close.pngBaja Design close.pngBaja Design full rear.jpgBaja Design side.png

dieselscout80

Reaction score
The extra light is great.

I would worry about smashing them when dragging the bumper.

As it is I worry about the sensors and that plastic trim.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I mounted these o the closest to center bolts and angled them out a tad. I didn't like the look of them out so far and they work great here. Now to figure out how to wire them up to the AUX reverse switch...
I did what you want. Here's how I did it.

Attachments

• 01b-Nilight Backup LED Bars-Wiring.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Rear NiLite LEDs.jpeg
    Rear NiLite LEDs.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

deanfx

Reaction score
I deff like where you mounted yours. I put mine out one bolt further from the center. Hell I might change mine now ha

Users who are viewing this thread