Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switches

paulvi

Reaction score
I working on it, i just waiting for the aux fuse box from mopar, to see i already install the switches and enable comercial options see what happens.

SFC

Reaction score
I working on it, i just waiting for the aux fuse box from mopar, to see i already install the switches and enable comercial options see what happens.

You're going to need to run wiring from connection below the knee panel (for lack of better term) into the engine bay at the fuse box for it to work.

paulvi

Reaction score
You're going to need to run wiring from connection below the knee panel (for lack of better term) into the engine bay at the fuse box for it to work.
You did it?

rrobin2569

Reaction score
I bought F/R Fab Four bumper for my truck and wanted to add the Aux switches to wire F/R led lights. Since no kit is available for the 19's I started researching parts and have the electrical part connectors in route to fit the oem PDC box, as you all know Ram has installed the PDC relay box in the 19's as part of the wiring harness wiring dash Left but did not include the wiring on trucks with no Aux switches. It's only wired for the cab heater on the diesel and no room to add another relay box in that area. I downloaded the service manual from tech authority and have made sense of all the wiring connection to the PDC and such.

I plan on wiring my truck using the oem PDC box but the problem as of yet is the Instrument Panel Switch that will fit my truck Tow/Haul Exhaust Brake, Park Front/Rear and 6 Aux switches won't be available till mid February. For some odd reason Ram has no inventory of the switches as they are all going into trucks being built. So I will get it all wired up and wait for the switch to show up. I have had my PDC box all apart and should not be that hard to do with some knowledge.

Should be able to add Aux switches to a Power Wagon as well, but not sure on the exhaust brake/traction control switch function on the switch as my truck has the traction control up on the MODULE-INTEGRATED CENTER STACK SWITCH BANK with the Hazard above the radio.

I will have F/R white painted bumper from my truck if anyone is interested when I get the front installed when it shows up mid January.
Hello, I am new the sight. I have a 2019 Ram 2500 limited. I do have the PDC fuse block and I have ordered the switches from the dealership. Do I need to order the wiring harness too?

SFC

Reaction score
You did it?

Have not, figured one of the folks here would have a list of parts to make the wiring harness at some point. If not I'll probably figure it out on my own once the weather warms up.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Since I have applied for lemon law on my truck and once it's gone I never plan to buy a Ram ever again after how I was treated, so If any of you that want all the connectors to wire the OEM PDC box here's your chance and maybe sell a few. I can provide you a drawing I created in solidworks as to where all the wires go in the oem pdc box. All these parts took me about 2 months to figure out. I forgot I have 6 68298547AA OEM RAM RELAYS and 11 20a fuses, 2 30a fuses

I have about $850 into all the terminals and wiring 20 TXL, 18 GXL, 12 GXL, 10 GXL, if someone wants it make me an offer for the whole lot only.

Attachments

• IMG_5179.JPG
    IMG_5179.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_5180.JPG
    IMG_5180.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_5181.JPG
    IMG_5181.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_5182.JPG
    IMG_5182.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_5183.JPG
    IMG_5183.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5184.JPG
    IMG_5184.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5185.JPG
    IMG_5185.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 10 GXL.JPG
    10 GXL.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 189
  • 12 GXL.JPG
    12 GXL.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 68298547AA OEM RAM RELAYS.JPG
    68298547AA OEM RAM RELAYS.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

DeemerTruck

Reaction score
So now this thread dies with BighornHDRam giving in to Ram's crappy customer service. Don't blame you at all. But I was just looking to see if there's any other way to get my own wiring through the firewall or around it to put my new toggle switches in the cab for my light-bar and accessory lights? Does anyone have an idea of where to feed the wires through???

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
So now this thread dies with BighornHDRam giving in to Ram's crappy customer service. Don't blame you at all. But I was just looking to see if there's any other way to get my own wiring through the firewall or around it to put my new toggle switches in the cab for my light-bar and accessory lights? Does anyone have an idea of where to feed the wires through???
I have seen guys run wires thru this plastic block off plate, I believe its for a clutch master cylinder block off plate. I sent all the parts I had to paulvi but he informed me today it got delivered to his house on a Airforce base but looks like someone may have taken it off his porch while he was at work. I hope he finds the box as there is alot of parts in there to put kits together, I have sent him all the drawings and wiring schematics I had.

Sorry I gave up on this, but after 3 1/2 months of ownership and 31 of those days in the shop and 3 different dealers and blowing up on me once blowing diesel fuel everywhere and I still have to take it back when the new rear fuel/water drain filter comes in to fix the leak. My engine still sounds like a bucket of rocks on cold start up and lifters that won't pump up and rattle all day and Ram told me to pound sand until it gives them a code so I'm done with Ram/Chrysler products since customer service is at the bottom of their list. We will see in 6 months if their attitudes change when no one has a job over this crap going on but I'm done and will take my cash and go else where.

All I need to do is sell my Fab Four Bumper that's for sale in the buy sell area on here.

Attachments

• Aux Wiring Thru Firewall.jpg
    Aux Wiring Thru Firewall.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Nick

Reaction score
I saw the switches on the build web site for 3500 they were a 145 option which I added too my truck .

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the switches on the build web site for 3500 they were a 145 option which I added too my truck .

Also comes with the snow chief package which is, I believe, the only way to get cab clearance lights.

wareagle54

Reaction score
Since I have applied for lemon law on my truck and once it's gone I never plan to buy a Ram ever again after how I was treated, so If any of you that want all the connectors to wire the OEM PDC box here's your chance and maybe sell a few. I can provide you a drawing I created in solidworks as to where all the wires go in the oem pdc box. All these parts took me about 2 months to figure out. I forgot I have 6 68298547AA OEM RAM RELAYS and 11 20a fuses, 2 30a fuses

I have about $850 into all the terminals and wiring 20 TXL, 18 GXL, 12 GXL, 10 GXL, if someone wants it make me an offer for the whole lot only.

Any chance that you could share that schematic to give a starting point for people who want to do this mod as well?

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Any chance that you could share that schematic to give a starting point for people who want to do this mod as well?
You could message member @paulvi and he could build you a kit with all the parts I sold him and you could have the aux switches for your truck as he should enough parts to make a few extra's form what I sold him. He made a new schematic he provided to a couple guys he sold kits to I believe on facebook he told me.

It's a bit in depth to add all the wiring to the aux pdc box and you have to take apart your truck and take apart the pdc box as well to add all the wiring and add wiring to the main fuse box under C5 as well to get it all to work and get Alfaob2 2019 2020 update done to your system to get all aux switches activated as well. You have to buy the 6 relays 68298547AA and fuses 20A J case mini for the pdc box from Ram and the new switch panel that will work with your trucks options as well depending how your truck is outfitted. It took me about 2 1/2 months to figure it all out and find all the parts, by that time I got around to do it I lemon law my truck after spending 35 days in the shop in 4 months of ownership and sold everything to paulvi.

What I ran into when researching terminals for the aux pdc was everyone had minimums of 50-100 pcs min on each terminal and there was quite a few of them to buy to get them all and I had to find them at various sources which wasn't easy, then there was the wire crimpers for them and GXL TXL wire.

Last edited:

Rogue_6.7

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for the one with the Exhaust brake button?

Rogue_6.7

Reaction score
I realize now the part number was posted, sorry about that. Is their a switch panel that doesn’t not required have the Parking sensors?

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I realize now the part number was posted, sorry about that. Is their a switch panel that doesn’t not required have the Parking sensors?
You will have to search for a Tradesman truck that does not have park sensors but has the aux switches on a dealer lot and get the vin and go to your dealer and get that part # for the switch panel.

Users who are viewing this thread