Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUX pass-thru wiring.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Is Last State not saving also an issue with the HDs, just like the 1500’s? Just installed everything and everything works except Last State is not saving after leaving switches on.

No issues with last state on my truck.

mjb765

Reaction score
Hate to bring this up if it is already listed somewhere....I am adding the switches to my 2024. I just found the dash panel switches with the correct button combination so I ordered it. I knwo there is a member on here that makes the jumper harness for the switches to be plug andplay. Do I just need the PDC and wiring kit from Mopar now?? Does anybody have that part number??

Florotory

Reaction score
If you have the 6.7L you don’t need the pdc. If you have the gasser then yes you need the AUX PDC. I don’t know if it comes prewired with the cabin heating stuff already or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjb765

Reaction score
If you have the 6.7L you don’t need the pdc. If you have the gasser then yes you need the AUX PDC. I don’t know if it comes prewired with the cabin heating stuff already or not.

I have the gas, so I need the Aux PDC. Cabin heating??

Florotory

Reaction score
I have the gas, so I need the Aux PDC. Cabin heating??

Not sure how the cabin heating works honestly. But it’s wired as part of the AUX PDC. Doesn’t mean you’d have to use it.

You’d just have to get the AUX PDC, then get power to it which shouldn’t be hard, and then add the AUX harness stuff. That would work when it pertains to aux switches.

mjb765

Reaction score
AH..OK...wasn't sure wat cabin heating had to do with it. Does anybody have the part number for the AUX PDC??

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
AH..OK...wasn't sure wat cabin heating had to do with it. Does anybody have the part number for the AUX PDC??
You need to buy the whole left dash harness to get the factory aux PDC:

mjb765

Reaction score
The I guess I should get this and just not use the switches since I have my specific set already??

1698955634609.png

mjb765

Reaction score
Yes, that’ll work, I forgot they finally started offering that kit.
So I need that, the right aux switch set and the harnss that makes the switch panel plug nad play at the dash?? Or does it look like the kit is all I need??

Florotory

Reaction score
If you already ordered the correct aux switchbank then outside of programming that should be all you need as long as the kit comes with fuses and relays which if it’s a “kit” then it should.

Trying to remember what the back of my switchbank plug looked like but if it requires you to depin and repin the new wires in you might think about making a jumper harness for it. If the plug has the pin locations already blank then your good. Just have to pin them and put it back together.

mjb765

Reaction score
If you already ordered the correct aux switchbank then outside of programming that should be all you need as long as the kit comes with fuses and relays which if it’s a “kit” then it should.

Trying to remember what the back of my switchbank plug looked like but if it requires you to depin and repin the new wires in you might think about making a jumper harness for it. If the plug has the pin locations already blank then your good. Just have to pin them and put it back together.

Sounds good.....that would be nice if it had blank spots and I just had to add wires....That's what this looks like. The I just need the outside harness on the output power side.

1698957246606.png

Attachments

• 1698957239510.png
    1698957239510.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 17

Florotory

Reaction score
I just looked at the install DIY thread but I can't tell from the pics if there's all the wiring already there or not. It looks like its not but can't tell for sure and I can't find the original pic on my phone to zoom in better

mjb765

Reaction score
I am going to message the guy who builds the harness and ask if I need his when I buy the kit.

relbus

Reaction score
Finally getting around to connecting my BD backup lights to the aux switches. Looking for some guidance, as I suck at wiring.

I did this on my 2020, and now wish to do the same on my 2023. I know some of the specifics changed but the idea is the same.

1. Last time I used Aux 2. I am not opposed to this, but it definitely makes it more likely to bump aux 2 when I hit aux 1. SO - what about Aux 6? Any reason NOT to use this one??

Here is where I get lost, trying to understand schematics -

I THINK, I need to connect light grey connector at firewall port 2 to somewhere in order to get pass thru power at rear. I think I need to make a jumper to port 4 on light grey. Is this correct?

Next, I need to make some jumpers under dash to get power to rear blunt cut wires when I press aux 6.

I have zero clue what needs to be done here...can anyone help?

I intend to connect the 12v + on my BD lights to the RD/WHY (upfitter fused B+ Feed) located in the blunt cut wires near the rear of the truck.
Ground is a non issue back there.

Any help is appreciated.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Finally getting around to connecting my BD backup lights to the aux switches. Looking for some guidance, as I suck at wiring.

I did this on my 2020, and now wish to do the same on my 2023. I know some of the specifics changed but the idea is the same.

1. Last time I used Aux 2. I am not opposed to this, but it definitely makes it more likely to bump aux 2 when I hit aux 1. SO - what about Aux 6? Any reason NOT to use this one??

Here is where I get lost, trying to understand schematics -

I THINK, I need to connect light grey connector at firewall port 2 to somewhere in order to get pass thru power at rear. I think I need to make a jumper to port 4 on light grey. Is this correct?

Next, I need to make some jumpers under dash to get power to rear blunt cut wires when I press aux 6.

I have zero clue what needs to be done here...can anyone help?

I intend to connect the 12v + on my BD lights to the RD/WHY (upfitter fused B+ Feed) located in the blunt cut wires near the rear of the truck.
Ground is a non issue back there.

Any help is appreciated.
I att my notes for doing this on my 2020. The specifics may have changed but the concept is the same. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 01b-Nilight Backup LED Bars-Wiring.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 33

relbus

Reaction score
lights.jpg

Thank you for sharing that document John. I get the idea, and I followed your document on my last truck. Since things are slightly different on this truck..

I am wondering if what I outlined above would work?

JRaub

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I was reading through this thread as I have recently bought a 19 3500 cab and chassis that has all this upfitter stuff.

So as I understand it is as follows.

I can use the light gray plug with the looped wires that provide additional power to rear of chassis as an in cab non-switched power source. Im going to be wiring in one of the wolfbox backup/dash cameras into my truck so I need 12v power however I was looking at the vsim stuff as well however all of those wires and plugs seem like an absolute nightmare to deal with unless I were to depin all the unnecessary wires that I wasn't using and go from there however that seems less efficient than using the pass through of the aux switch stuff.

Am I correct in understanding that the 19s dont have the bundle of wires are blunt cut by the aux switch fuse box for running power into the cab? Or is it just hidden?

I was also considering using the black plug that also plugs in under the dash that has some thin 16g wires on it? I haven't been able to find that much info about this other plug only the one with the looped wires specifically. It does appear that there's 2 power and a ground in this other plug but I have conflicting info about how it's for pto stuff? The wire schematic also shows 4 wires coming out of the plug of which mine only has 3.

Id love any information you guys have on the other plug as I wouldn't need to cut up this other harness as I'm considering running power into my under bed boxes and it would be beneficial to just plug the harness in and have power to the back of the chassis when I get to that point.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I was reading through this thread as I have recently bought a 19 3500 cab and chassis that has all this upfitter stuff.

So as I understand it is as follows.

I can use the light gray plug with the looped wires that provide additional power to rear of chassis as an in cab non-switched power source. Im going to be wiring in one of the wolfbox backup/dash cameras into my truck so I need 12v power however I was looking at the vsim stuff as well however all of those wires and plugs seem like an absolute nightmare to deal with unless I were to depin all the unnecessary wires that I wasn't using and go from there however that seems less efficient than using the pass through of the aux switch stuff.

Am I correct in understanding that the 19s dont have the bundle of wires are blunt cut by the aux switch fuse box for running power into the cab? Or is it just hidden?

I was also considering using the black plug that also plugs in under the dash that has some thin 16g wires on it? I haven't been able to find that much info about this other plug only the one with the looped wires specifically. It does appear that there's 2 power and a ground in this other plug but I have conflicting info about how it's for pto stuff? The wire schematic also shows 4 wires coming out of the plug of which mine only has 3.

Id love any information you guys have on the other plug as I wouldn't need to cut up this other harness as I'm considering running power into my under bed boxes and it would be beneficial to just plug the harness in and have power to the back of the chassis when I get to that point.

I made a video on the 2019 AUX upfitter system. It shows how to utilize run, battery, and switched power in the cab. The video description also contains a link to a PDF.

I cut the looped wires on the gray connector and installed two bus bars so I could connect multiple devices to run/battery power inside the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread