Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUX pass-thru wiring.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am truly sorry for once again bringing this up.
After I plug this harness in to the gray connector under dash the single wire is my pass thru #6?
And than that loose wire can be hooked up directly to a device with in side the cab ?
What do you all do with the extra looped wires that are designed for the rear of truck ? Stuff them up under dash?
Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20201023_155207.jpg
    20201023_155207.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
When you get this all wired up and working please post a full write up ! I ordered the switches two days ago and am planning on doing it over the winter :) would love some guidance

John Jensen

Reaction score
After I plug this harness in to the gray connector under dash the single wire is my pass thru #6?
Yes
And than that loose wire can be hooked up directly to a device with in side the cab ?
Yes. Test it first to be sure
What do you all do with the extra looped wires that are designed for the rear of truck ? Stuff them up under dash?
Yes. Or you can depin/remove them. I tucked mine away

Xflight29

Reaction score
Yes
Yes. Test it first to be sure
Yes. Or you can depin/remove them. I tucked mine away
Thank you so much for clearing this up for me.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am truly sorry for once again bringing this up.
Thanks again.

I think you're conflating a few things.

The pass through circuit (G425) is on pin #5 VT/YE (Violet/Yellow) wire of the under dash upfitter connector. Yes, the blunt cut wire.

1603604117087.png

This pass through circuit G425 is available on Aux2 (light grey) pin 4.

1603604348300.png

You need to loop from whatever AUX# switch you want to use at the port under the hood back into G425 to bring the Aux switched power back into the cab.

1603604084600.png
Look at the diagram I've posted a link to (and posted again here) and just realize that my crayon coloring was only one example using AUX#6. You could loop any of the Aux switches to G425 (Aux2 (light grey) pin 4).

1603604242265.png

Xflight29

Reaction score
Morning, After I hooked up the Gray pigtail [that was part of the AUX kit] to the gray connection under the dash I do not have any power to the loose wire with any AUX switch. My understanding is if I wish to use any other AUX switch other than #6 I would not need to jump the port correct ? why would I not have 12 V to the loose wire ?
Thanks.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Sorry, I misspoke as I assumed you had jumpered #2 & #4 on the engine compartment light gray aux plug.
You need that jumper to get 12v to the gray wire.
Your other options if you don't need 12v to the rear of the truck are to cut one of those looped jumpers and use their powered side.
If it were me I'd jumper 2 & 4 and use the gray wire

John Jensen

Reaction score
I'm not jumpered as I'm not using the pass-through yet.
If I remember the bag of stuff came with jumpers and ends.
If none available I would use 14 ga wire and make one

Xflight29

Reaction score
There is NO AUX jumper by default. You have to build the jumper from any AUX to G425.

I used 2 of the corresponding color coded wires from the kit and just spliced them together.

View attachment 8286
This is just what I did. Thanks for all your patients and help with this. I just didn't understand that it needed a jumper. For what ever reason I always thought that the pass-thru had its own power even after I read and re-read all the post you gave.
Thanks again for all your help.

Skooter76

Reaction score
So I finally got my 2020 2500 Laramie with the Aux switches. The connectors at the Aux PDC are at a downward angle behind the battery cables and are difficult to access. The connectors are attached to a bracket that is attached to the PDC. It is loose as I can slide it up and down slightly. I would like to remove it for better access to the connectors but I can't seem to get to come off. Anyone have any clues?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
look on the top left corner of the fuse box, based on the pic orientation. there is a press clip you need to free. then the bracket that holds the aux tails will all come up together.

20201206_154426.jpg

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it's a slide lock. you push the little tab toward the front of the truck while simultaneously pulling up on that bracket.

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Are you guys doing this on a 19+? I see you can buy the switches for the 4thgenerationram.com site, but where do you get the kit for 19+? I have a 21 Power Wagon on order and was disappointed to find out you cant get the Aux switches in the PW.

Users who are viewing this thread