Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUX pass-thru wiring.

wolfnards

Reaction score
I just installed Trigger4 switches. Really easy install AND you don’t have to run wires into cab. It’s all wireless! The switches that is! They come in 4 or 6 switch models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! Any chance you can post a pic of how you mounted the switches?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Very cool! Any chance you can post a pic of how you mounted the switches?

So, one of the other members, that introduced them to me, mounted his beside the USB bank:
a617c2aa61afec39b2aee8fcbc33da71.jpg

But, I have the pocket there so I just threw them up in my console tray with some velcro. Actually might keep them there, they’re out of the way. It’s very versatile. I haven’t fooled with the app yet, but it’s Bluetooth capable. I figured there would be a delay in switch function and accessory activation but I was wrong!! It’s instantaneous!!
391cbefed2fcf0867bf26e1abeafa82c.jpg

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
That trigger setup is by far the most complete best looking secure package against all the brands I've come across.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
That trigger setup is by far the most complete best looking secure package against all the brands I've come across.

The simplicity of it beats everything as well as NOT cutting into firewall!! They also sell 8’ extensions for the harness. With me installing Aux rev lights, I went ahead and purchased. They’re relatively cheap @ $15 a piece. They’re available on Amazon w/ 2 day shipping.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of the factory IP auxillary switches for 2022's. With the 12" screen. I searched, however I didnt have any luck. Thanks in advance

renagade69

Reaction score
The Small Black Ground in location "D" black plug inserted into a White plug inside the cab by brake pedal doesn't actually ground in my truck. Is it a switched ground? I ended up using a ground under a bolt for a dashcam.

Will_T

Reaction score
The Small Black Ground in location "D" black plug inserted into a White plug inside the cab by brake pedal doesn't actually ground in my truck. Is it a switched ground? I ended up using a ground under a bolt for a dashcam.
I found the same and did the same. Wire was too small in any case for me.

RednBlack

Reaction score
I just installed Trigger4 switches. Really easy install AND you don’t have to run wires into cab. It’s all wireless! The switches that is! They come in 4 or 6 switch models.

Where did you connect the remote (yellow) wire? Battery or switched fuse?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ramit530

Reaction score

Use a switched fuse, if connected directly to battery it will always be powered up and and potentially drain battery.

RednBlack

Reaction score
Use a switched fuse, if connected directly to battery it will always be powered up and and potentially drain battery.
That was the direction I was leaning, how do I know if the fuse is switched?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score

Switched fuse.

If your truck has the 12v power outlet in the upper tray on top of the dash, it probably comes from the factory with the power port on all the time. I have my radar detector currently plugged in there (will direct wire later). I would like the port to be switched 12v. Well, killed 2 birds with this find. Fuse 90/91 controls that power port. That fuse position actually is a 2 way fuse setup. It comes shifted to the right which has the power port always on. If you pull the 20A fuse and move it to the left position, the power port is now switched with the ignition. So, you can choose how the power port behaves!

I pulled the fuse from the location above installed a fuse tap then used the wire from that to feed the trigger input on the trigger 4. If you want it on with the ignition, install it to the left position, for always on power to the trigger 4, shift it to the right.

RednBlack

Reaction score
Switched fuse.

If your truck has the 12v power outlet in the upper tray on top of the dash, it probably comes from the factory with the power port on all the time. I have my radar detector currently plugged in there (will direct wire later). I would like the port to be switched 12v. Well, killed 2 birds with this find. Fuse 90/91 controls that power port. That fuse position actually is a 2 way fuse setup. It comes shifted to the right which has the power port always on. If you pull the 20A fuse and move it to the left position, the power port is now switched with the ignition. So, you can choose how the power port behaves!

I pulled the fuse from the location above installed a fuse tap then used the wire from that to feed the trigger input on the trigger 4. If you want it on with the ignition, install it to the left position, for always on power to the trigger 4, shift it to the right.

That is a great find, thanks for the info!

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
You were right. (Shocking, I know...)

The female plug that the new jumper/pass thru plugs into is white under the dash. (A little confusing, since the plug that they provide in the wiring kit is black).

It's up under the dash to the right of the grey pass thru, and a little more difficult to reach, as it is held firmly in place behind another bundle of wires.

Here's a photo:

View attachment 14518

View attachment 14520

This is with the D2344A plugged into it:

View attachment 14519

Thanks for the help everyone! I was able to successfully get the AUX6 switch wired up to the G425 pass thru today. Works great.
You think maybe they could of buried them in a more less inaccessible spot for both plugs, I found the white connector a little better area but the grey connector I could barley get my hand in there to connect up the pass thru connector.

JLines

Reaction score
Last year, I was working on a video that explains how to utilize the AUX switches and AUX fuses. I had to stop editing the video to help a family member, so it isn't finished, but here is a preview of the video. Thanks to @Brutal_HO, @IronByron, and @Jimmy07 for the information that enabled this video.

Please let me know if anything in the video needs clarification.
(Link to video removed.

Here is a PDF document that explains the AUX switches. The document is not 100% finished, so let me know if you have any feedback.
(Link to PDF removed)
Really great stuff. I was looking at creating a PDF myself because the factory docs where very unclear. Your document is what the AUX wiring instructions should be for providing an accessory to facilitate adding electrical devices. Thanks so much for your effort. Would be great to see your info anchored to main forum menu.

JLines

Reaction score
When I look at the AUX wiring schematic at the link provided for the switches, it shows a white connector D2433A that appears to have three unused pass through cables. When I was wiring a couple items, I noticed the four pigtails I am showing in the picture below that are on my 2022 Ram 3500. I don't know if anyone knows what these are for or whether they could possibly be the additional pass through wires. I will look for the white up fitter connector and see if I can determine the color code on the wires when it warms up a little more.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread