Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Waiting on OBDLink MX+ to come in. I have purchased the Kaodtech bypass.

Just curious, does anybody use the “demo” version w/ success? Or is it absolutely necessary to buy the “full” version.

I have both a Windows PC and a Samsung Tablet. Which version would you guys recommend?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Waiting on OBDLink MX+ to come in. I have purchased the Kaodtech bypass.

Just curious, does anybody use the “demo” version w/ success? Or is it absolutely necessary to buy the “full” version.

I have both a Windows PC and a Samsung Tablet. Which version would you guys recommend?

Demo AlfaOBD?

You can read and move around, just can't write any changes.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Just curious, but why is the Windows version of software recommended over Android? Is there options on Windows that’s not available on Android?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious, but why is the Windows version of software recommended over Android? Is there options on Windows that’s not available on Android?

Used to be that only the Windows version could be forced to use a different BCM model year, but there's an override in the Android version now.

Some just prefer using a laptop instead of an Android phone or tablet, or don't have Android.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Used to be that only the Windows version could be forced to use a different BCM model year, but there's an override in the Android version now.

Some just prefer using a laptop instead of an Android phone or tablet, or don't have Android.
Thanks, man!! Gonna go with Android as it’s easier to carry the small tablet around. I’m living in 2010 over here, laptop almost needs a dolly to carry it around. It has a banging audio system, tho!! Haha

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, man!! Gonna go with Android as it’s easier to carry the small tablet around. I’m living in 2010 over here, laptop almost needs a dolly to carry it around. It has a banging audio system, tho!! Haha

Sounds more like a 1984 ghetto blaster.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
Is there a way to add memory position mirrors to a big horn with the towing technology package so power fold, power convex and cameras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spinned

Reaction score
Ok I’m sure you all have covered this but… this thread is 45 pages long.

If you use the Alphaobd will it leave a stamp on the ECU such that a dealer can tell if it was tampered with and void the warranty? Thx

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I’m sure you all have covered this but… this thread is 45 pages long.

If you use the Alphaobd will it leave a stamp on the ECU such that a dealer can tell if it was tampered with and void the warranty? Thx

No.

They find tunes by looking at how many times the ECU has been flashed.

AlfaOBD doesn't work like that.

It's not a tuner. It only allows changes to options in the BCM. I've only ever seen one person claim a warranty issue with their dealer.

The latest version has the ability to save and restore all the settings so there's no way they would know.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
No.

They find tunes by looking at how many times the ECU has been flashed.

AlfaOBD doesn't work like that.

It's not a tuner. It only allows changes to options in the BCM. I've only ever seen one person claim a warranty issue with their dealer.

The latest version has the ability to save and restore all the settings so there's no way they would know.

The latest version of alpha OBD allows backup and restore? Does that include the android version?

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
Awesome I’ll have to update my app.

Has anybody added memory mirror function?

steve49

Reaction score
Can alfaOBD change the Uconnect 8.4 screen to off until you touch the screen? I know there is a button below the bottom right corner of the screen that turns it off till touched, or until you restart the truck. I use a Sirius/Xm portable device to move from the house, garage, travel trailer, side by side UTV, etc. When connected in the truck the screen says device connected, would just as soon have the screen off till I need to check settings/apps.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Same here with my 2022 3500

Where did you find the setting in Alfaobd to do that?

Global Down doesn't work on 19+ trucks. The door modules don't have the capability.

Q: Can I enable Global Window Down?
Q: Can I enable Auto-folding Mirrors?

A: No. Door modules in the 2019+ HD trucks do not support Global Up/Down or Auto Folding Mirrors. (Needs update info on M/Y NOT supported)
Third party "active" modules like the Tazer-RAM may have these features but AlfaOBD is passive and can only change BCM settings, and only affects supported module(s) functions.

DesertLawman

Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the number of flashes from the turn signal when you just bump the stock to change lanes?

Yes. It's in the setting menu. 0, 3 or 5. No programming needed

Users who are viewing this thread