Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

sludge

Reaction score
If I recall correctly this is a limitation in California and Mississippi (but could include more locations). The manual states it somewhere.

But to change it I believe the setting is:
Car configuration change.
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.-Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving
I had tried this after reading a bunch of posts on it, but it did not work. The main posts on this were confusing on what was actually affected, but I think the only thing it keeps on in D is the bed LED lights, not the CHMSL cargo lights. My truck doesn't have the bed LEDs so I can't confirm that however. Someone please correct me if I misread it.

bamorris2

Reaction score
I had tried this after reading a bunch of posts on it, but it did not work. The main posts on this were confusing on what was actually affected, but I think the only thing it keeps on in D is the bed LED lights, not the CHMSL cargo lights. My truck doesn't have the bed LEDs so I can't confirm that however. Someone please correct me if I misread it.

Same here. I thought changing that setting would allow the mirror spotlights to remain on while in D, but it didn’t seem to change anything for me. I’m in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
That change is for cali and missi trucks. It allows the mirror reverse led to stay on while the truck is moving in reverse. It still goes out when in drive. Doesent affect the CHSML light.

sludge

Reaction score
That change is for cali and missi trucks. It allows the mirror reverse led to stay on while the truck is moving in reverse. It still goes out when in drive. Doesent affect the CHSML light.

Thanks for chiming in, I read your thread on this but I was a little confused on what exactly was the result. So just to be clear, is the following correct?

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.-Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving = "YES" -> the side mirror LED "spotter" lights don't stay on when moving in R
= "NO" -> the side mirror LED "spotter" lights DO stay on when moving in R

This was the only effect?

Riddick

Reaction score
Impressed with the simplicity of Alpha OBD. I purchased the Kaodtech cable since so many recommended it, I plan to leave it installed all the time. Just updated my tire pressure thresholds and it was very straight forward.......... after I realized I had to select the advanced connection option and update it to read my OBD Link cable. I will have to scroll through this thread and see what else I would like to enable/disable.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in, I read your thread on this but I was a little confused on what exactly was the result. So just to be clear, is the following correct?

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.-Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving = "YES" -> the side mirror LED "spotter" lights don't stay on when moving in R
= "NO" -> the side mirror LED "spotter" lights DO stay on when moving in R

This was the only effect?
yep, that's what I did and the only effect I saw.

sludge

Reaction score
When I disable the signature LED lighting with:

CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present --> NO

I end up with a couple of error codes:

U1221 - SCP(J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Interior Lamp Outage
U1222 - SCP(J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Interior Lamps

Is anyone else seeing these error codes when they disable the lights? Does anyone know if there would be any issues with having these set? Thanks.

rfullen280

Reaction score
That is weird. Switch back whenever you changed, disconnect the negative terminals on your batteries wait 30 minutes and try again. See if you get a better result

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
When I disable the signature LED lighting with:

CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present --> NO

I end up with a couple of error codes:

U1221 - SCP(J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Interior Lamp Outage
U1222 - SCP(J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Interior Lamps

Is anyone else seeing these error codes when they disable the lights? Does anyone know if there would be any issues with having these set? Thanks.
Try setting these two settings to NO also:
CBC Config I/O Usage: Front Park/Signature Lamp Left- Pin A 7

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Front Park/Signature Lamp Right - Pin A5

sludge

Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07,

Just some background for how the signature lights behaved prior to changing the two new settings..... when I change "CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present" to "NO", the signature lights go off right away and remain off after cycling the ignition to "OFF" for 30 seconds.

When I changed the other two settings to "NO", the error codes were not set, but the signature lights stayed ON. After cycling the ignition "OFF" for 30 seconds, the lights still stayed ON. I tried switching the settings back and forth a couple of times with the same result.

So the new settings fixed the error codes, but the lights aren't turned off. :(

I have not driving around for awhile with all three set to "NO" to see if anything changes. Do you think it would matter?

Thanks.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07,

Just some background for how the signature lights behaved prior to changing the two new settings..... when I change "CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present" to "NO", the signature lights go off right away and remain off after cycling the ignition to "OFF" for 30 seconds.

When I changed the other two settings to "NO", the error codes were not set, but the signature lights stayed ON. After cycling the ignition "OFF" for 30 seconds, the lights still stayed ON. I tried switching the settings back and forth a couple of times with the same result.

So the new settings fixed the error codes, but the lights aren't turned off. :(

I have not driving around for awhile with all three set to "NO" to see if anything changes. Do you think it would matter?

Thanks.
Set all three to NO. Make sure you’re checking with the headlight switch in the off position. That will remove any variable that the headlights are coming on in the auto position due to ambient light, which will illuminate the parking lights (which are the same as the signature lights).

sludge

Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07,

I tried again making sure the light switch was on "OFF".

I set all three settings to "NO". Signature lights on both sides stayed "ON". I had no error codes.

As soon as I set the "Lamp Left- Pin A 7" setting back to "YES", the left signature lights turned "OFF". Likewise, as soon as I set the "Lamp Right - Pin A5" setting back to "YES", the right signature lights turned "OFF". Also, the error codes returned.

Anything different with a chassis cab that could be causing this?

Thanks.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07,

I tried again making sure the light switch was on "OFF".

I set all three settings to "NO". Signature lights on both sides stayed "ON". I had no error codes.

As soon as I set the "Lamp Left- Pin A 7" setting back to "YES", the left signature lights turned "OFF". Likewise, as soon as I set the "Lamp Right - Pin A5" setting back to "YES", the right signature lights turned "OFF". Also, the error codes returned.

Anything different with a chassis cab that could be causing this?

Thanks.
Are these the adaptive LED projector headlights, or the reflector LED headlights?
Those faults are for an open circuit on the linbus 4 line. Make sure 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Headlamp Module LIN Diagnostic Line Enabled isn’t set to YES.

sludge

Reaction score
@Jimmy07,

They are the reflector LED headlights. I have a Laramie and I think the adaptive were only available in the Limited on a chassis cab (no Longhorn option w/ a chassis).

Per my backup file, 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Headlamp Module LIN Diagnostic Line Enabled is "YES".

Should I try it set to "NO" along with the other 3 settings set to "NO".

Thanks for all the help.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
@Jimmy07,

They are the reflector LED headlights. I have a Laramie and I think the adaptive were only available in the Limited on a chassis cab (no Longhorn option w/ a chassis).

Per my backup file, 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Headlamp Module LIN Diagnostic Line Enabled is "YES".

Should I try it set to "NO" along with the other 3 settings set to "NO".

Thanks for all the help.
Set that to NO, along with just signature light present set to no.

sludge

Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07,

That appears to work. Signature lights are now OFF with no error codes. Just for the record, the settings are:

CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present --> "NO"
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Headlamp Module LIN Diagnostic Line Enabled --> "NO"

Based on the title of the second setting, I'm assuming by setting it to "NO" that the error codes are just suppressed due to the diagnostics being disabled?

Do you think my case is specific to a chassis cab, or are 2500/3500 owners getting the error codes and just not noticing them?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07,

That appears to work. Signature lights are now OFF with no error codes. Just for the record, the settings are:

CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present --> "NO"
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Headlamp Module LIN Diagnostic Line Enabled --> "NO"

Based on the title of the second setting, I'm assuming by setting it to "NO" that the error codes are just suppressed due to the diagnostics being disabled?

Do you think my case is specific to a chassis cab, or are 2500/3500 owners getting the error codes and just not noticing them?
Yes, you are disabling diagnostics for the Linbus CBC 4 headlight line, which controls the behavior of the signature lighting. I see some led equipped configurations that have it set to yes from factory, and some set to no. Yours just happened to be set to yes. If others disable their signature lights with that setting set to yes, they will also have the faults. Unless you read faults in the BCM, you won’t even know they are there.

sludge

Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07,

Just for my understanding, when you had me change the following settings:

What do these normally do, as their titles aren't that helpful to me?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07,

Just for my understanding, when you had me change the following settings:

What do these normally do, as their titles aren't that helpful to me?
Those are the two circuits from the BCM that drive the signature lamps. Setting them to no “should” have turned them off at the BCM, kind of like a light switch.

Users who are viewing this thread