Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

TxRam

Reaction score
It will fail to connect. Once I thought I had it connected tried to do something with seatbelt and it won’t let me I will have to try and take a pic of the message. If I use same tablet I can use the diagnostic part no problem

Also all I want to do is turn in high beams with fog lights and get rid of seat belt but so far it’s a no go for seatbelt and I can’t find the fog lights been long time since I did that on my 2015 ram
Are you connecting via Bluetooth or WiFi?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It will fail to connect. Once I thought I had it connected tried to do something with seatbelt and it won’t let me I will have to try and take a pic of the message. If I use same tablet I can use the diagnostic part no problem

Also all I want to do is turn in high beams with fog lights and get rid of seat belt but so far it’s a no go for seatbelt and I can’t find the fog lights been long time since I did that on my 2015 ram

As jimmy07 said, seatbelt chime doesn't work with AlfaOBD. You can use the age old tried and true seatbelt/key(start button) method to disable it.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
From what I read, the memory seat module is also the memory mirror module. My mirrors have every option but memory, and just turning the options on did nothing for me.
Also, just to double check, did you set these two settings in doors along with CustSetMenu tilt in reverse?
9DC850BB-5D36-4D9A-BC07-17EF9990A82A.jpeg

TxRam

Reaction score
Also, just to double check, did you set these two settings in doors along with CustSetMenu tilt in reverse?
View attachment 30356
Yes Sir. It accepted the changes, but the mirrors refused to tilt. I gave it a few days, but it did nothing so I reverted back. That's when I read up on the seat/mirror module.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Windows version? What OBD interface? Sounds more like an issue between AlfaOBD and the interface.

I’m using a android tablet and Bluetooth. With out word for word it says something communication failed. I will try tomorrow and see what that message is again

owdiss78

Reaction score
…and, the seatbelt chime doesn’t work with AlfaOBD, if that’s what you are trying to do. That procedure will fail.

Ok I didn’t know that. But can we turn on fog lights with high beams? If so where do I find that on Alfa obd so I can try to get it to connect

2022ram25

Reaction score
When lower pressure on Alfaobd is only thing need to change is “update pressure thresholds”? Save and that’s it?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I didn’t know that. But can we turn on fog lights with high beams? If so where do I find that on Alfa obd so I can try to get it to connect

Enable Fog Lights with Highbeams - CBC Features-Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled: No

TLITT6981

Reaction score
I don't see why any of it wouldn't work, so long as you do supporting mods. I tried tilt in reverse mirrors, but you need the memory seat and mirror module for it to work. It's not something I need bad enough to add modules for, but if I added the modules, it should work. I added remote start, got a dedicated button for my front camera, and turned on the option for my mirror blinkers to be running lights. Try something out, see if it works. If it doesn't work immediately, have no fear. Sometimes it takes a few key cycles to work. Of course, it might just not work at all because you don't have the right physical setup.
I don't see why any of it wouldn't work, so long as you do supporting mods. I tried tilt in reverse mirrors, but you need the memory seat and mirror module for it to work. It's not something I need bad enough to add modules for, but if I added the modules, it should work.

I added remote start, got a dedicated button for my front camera, and turned on the option for my mirror blinkers to be running lights.

Try something out, see if it works. If it doesn't work immediately, have no fear. Sometimes it takes a few key cycles to work. Of course, it might just not work at all because you don't have the right physical setup.
Thanks for for the input I appreciate it I’ll do some playing when I get all the stuff in, just trying to make sure I don’t mess anything up.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Enable Fog Lights with Highbeams - CBC Features-Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled: No

Thank you i got it figured out now.

TxRam

Reaction score
Finally got around to adding current gear status. Thank you guys for saying I had to turn it on in the evic. Wouldn't have thought to look there and would have thought it didn't work. Much better than always hitting the gear limit button.

TxRam

Reaction score
View attachment 30356
I was going through my config file and noticed I never turned "auto-fold" back off after trying that out. I don't know if it caused any sort of conflict. I just turned that off and turned the memory mirrors and tilt options back on. Option is in my radio, but no tilt as of yet. I'll give it a few driving cycles and see what happens.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I was going through my config file and noticed I never turned "auto-fold" back off after trying that out. I don't know if it caused any sort of conflict. I just turned that off and turned the memory mirrors and tilt options back on. Option is in my radio, but no tilt as of yet. I'll give it a few driving cycles and see what happens.
There’s so many part numbers for the 19-22 mirrors, that it’s possible there are fully loaded ones without memory.

TxRam

Reaction score
Quite. I don't know why they would do that though, considering how few poverty models have fancy mirrors. BSM, power fold, power convex, power main, blinky light, guidance light, and sideview camera. It would be strange to make a special mirror just for that.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Loaded AlphaOBD onto my Microsoft Surface and when I open the program everything is supper small and does not display correctly. Any idea on how to get fixed. Text lays on top of other text as well as boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Loaded AlphaOBD onto my Microsoft Surface and when I open the program everything is supper small and does not display correctly. Any idea on how to get fixed. Text lays on top of other text as well as boxes.

Have you tried toggling tablet mode?

Beyond that, I'd look at resolution. Surface's have a crazy high resolution natively so apps not built to handle it don't display properly. I'd try scaling it to 200 or even 250% and see if that helps.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Have you tried toggling tablet mode?

Beyond that, I'd look at resolution. Surface's have a crazy high resolution natively so apps not built to handle it don't display properly. I'd try scaling it to 200 or even 250% and see if that helps.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

PMHQ

Reaction score
Finally got around to adding current gear status. Thank you guys for saying I had to turn it on in the evic. Wouldn't have thought to look there and would have thought it didn't work. Much better than always hitting the gear limit button.
Where do you find that? I cannot see it anywhere?! I have a 2022 Power Wagon...Only thing I saw was the ability to add tenths of a mile on the speedometer....Thanks in advance.

TLITT6981

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why I can’t download my bcm settings? I get the configuring connection to interface problem and it won’t download or show up but it shows that I’m connected on Alfa. When I go to upload to google drive or view faults and statuses nuthing comes up.

Can anyone tell me why I can’t upload my bcm stats? Every time I try it does not bring anything up? I was able to go in and and change my fog lights on high beam and my current gear those changes worked great, I just can’t figure out how to get the rest of the bcm so if I do mess something up I can try to go back and fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread