Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I can see fleet options now. When I try to reset to 0000 it says "Conditions can not be verified, procedure terminated."
What am I doing wrong?
There’s probably something different with these newer 2019+ clusters, just like AlfaOBD can’t disable the seatbelt chime on them. I’d say delete your debug log, make sure data recording is on, try it again so you get that message again, and send the debug log to the developer explaining that it doesn’t work, so he’s aware of it.
Otherwise, you’ll just have to have the dealer reset it.

mr wayne

Reaction score
Will the obd link mx+ on amazon work with a 2022 ram 2500 tradesman ? I want to change the halogen lights to led reflectors. Has anyone done this on a 22 yet? Should the settings be the same as the earlier models?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Will the obd link mx+ on amazon work with a 2022 ram 2500 tradesman ? I want to change the halogen lights to led reflectors. Has anyone done this on a 22 yet? Should the settings be the same as the earlier models?
Yup, everything is the same.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Iam debating on purchasing Alpha OBD for my 2022.

I am adding the Trailer TPMS or trying to anyway if the dealership can get their act together on the programming ( I have installed the bumper module and TIMs).

The only other option I may want to add..and Iam not sure it works on the HD trucks with the research I have some so far, is the Auto Fold for the mirrors on Park.

So is there really enough reasons to buy AlphaOBD for a 22 Limited LongHorn?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Auto fold does not work. The required hardware is not in the doors.
There are a lot of things you can do with Alpha. Fogs on with high beams, tire size, TPMS low pressure threshold. Raise speed limiter. And more.

sstoner911

Reaction score
There are a lot of things you can do with Alpha. Fogs on with high beams, tire size, TPMS low pressure threshold. Raise speed limiter. And more.
I'll probably purchase it. I mean between the cost of the security cable and AlphaOBD....I have wasted $100 on beer so....haha

Wobly

Reaction score
Ummm...I know this is the Alpha OBD thread, but TazerRam lets you turn on autofold.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

sstoner911

Reaction score
Ummm...I know this is the Alpha OBD thread, but TazerRam lets you turn on autofold.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The issue I have read and was mentioned by the previous post..is hardware not software...

Iam not familiar with TazerRam

Attachments

• ratio3x2_900.jpg
    ratio3x2_900.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 22

PMHQ

Reaction score
A quick question about tire size... Do any of you Run 37x12.50r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on a Power Wagon? I was looking for the MM number for that tire (36.77in in actual height) The tires will be inflated to 45psi front and 40psi rear...Just looking for a close number for at least a baseline that I can punch into my AlphaOBD on Monday when I get new tires....Thank you! (PS---The way I was going to do it was get an average of all 4 by adding them up and dividing by 4, but I could be wrong)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue I have read and was mentioned by the previous post..is hardware not software...

Iam not familiar with TazerRam

Tazer is an active interface that simulates the door button mirror fold press. It's also been reported to cause issues with some trucks' NAV and other features. Maybe they worked the issues out, I don't know.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Wait auto fold on park doesn’t work even with power fold mirrors?

sstoner911

Reaction score
Tazer is an active interface that simulates the door button mirror fold press. It's also been reported to cause issues with some trucks' NAV and other features. Maybe they worked the issues out, I don't know.
I was reading that you have to leave Tazer plugged in for some features to work...I don't want that since I have Banks pedal Monster and don't want to deal with a splitter

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I was reading that you have to leave Tazer plugged in for some features to work...I don't want that since I have Banks pedal Monster and don't want to deal with a splitter

Yes, any of those active features require the Tazer be connected.

I would avoid the use of any other OBD connections with any Banks gear. They don't seem to play well with others.

My Banks e-brake trans controller on my 04.5 would NOT work with another brand tuner plugged into the OBD. Ended up getting a Banks tuner to make it all work.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Yes, any of those active features require the Tazer be connected.

I would avoid the use of any other OBD connections with any Banks gear. They don't seem to play well with others.

My Banks e-brake trans controller on my 04.5 would NOT work with another brand tuner plugged into the OBD. Ended up getting a Banks tuner to make it all work.
I ordered the security cable tonight and AlphaOBD windows version, I have the older OBDLink MX - hopefully it will not give me any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread