Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

fastfreddy

Reaction score
I have a KAOdTECH bypass for my 2018. Does anyone know if it will also work on a 2022, or will I need a new one?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I have a KAOdTECH bypass for my 2018. Does anyone know if it will also work on a 2022, or will I need a new one?
Is the 2018 a 1500, or HD? If it is an HD, you’ll need to snap off the protruding key way on the bottom of the green connector, and that connector will plug into the green canbus block with the white base. If it is a 1500, the white connector on that bypass is completely different, and would need to be changed out with the correct white connector and terminals, and the same modification needs to be done to the green connector. A3FD335D-0C10-4180-A847-CAC05DAF5764.jpeg

fastfreddy

Reaction score
Is the 2018 a 1500, or HD? If it is an HD, you’ll need to snap off the protruding key way on the bottom of the green connector, and that connector will plug into the green canbus block with the white base. If it is a 1500, the white connector on that bypass is completely different, and would need to be changed out with the correct white connector and terminals, and the same modification needs to be done to the green connector. View attachment 22307
Thanks! It's a 2500, so I'll just do the snap.

NKT

Reaction score
Just picked up my new 2022 RAM 2500. Still have my bypass and alfaobd I used on my 2018 2500. All in looking to do right

NKT

Reaction score
Just picked up my new 2022 RAM 2500. Still have my bypass and alfaobd I used on my 2018 2500. All I'm looking to do right now is lower the tpms threshold. Do I need the 4 digit pin and the bypass? Do the 2019+ even have the pins? Any help will be much appreciated.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Just picked up my new 2022 RAM 2500. Still have my bypass and alfaobd I used on my 2018 2500. All I'm looking to do right now is lower the tpms threshold. Do I need the 4 digit pin and the bypass? Do the 2019+ even have the pins? Any help will be much appreciated.
No need for the PIN or rf hub reset. See post 566 right above yours for modifying your 2018 2500 bypass to work on your 2022.

Jaymasta

Reaction score
i lifted my truck and want to change the tire size im lookin at the obd link mx+ and the kaodtech bypass but they wont let me select 2019+ 2500. they just out of stock? anything else that works? also is it still a no go for ios?

2powerwagons

Reaction score
i lifted my truck and want to change the tire size im lookin at the obd link mx+ and the kaodtech bypass but they wont let me select 2019+ 2500. they just out of stock? anything else that works? also is it still a no go for ios?

Yes, they go in and out of stock on a regular basis. Same thing happened to me when I was buying mine.

The guy probably makes them in batches in his garage or something.

camaroz2866

Reaction score
I’ll leave this here for everyone, not sure what settings I’m missing but I can’t get it to work yet. I haven’t given up.
692e7602ef1d53041d76e0b07d041c37.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I’ll leave this here for everyone, not sure what settings I’m missing but I can’t get it to work yet. I haven’t given up.
692e7602ef1d53041d76e0b07d041c37.jpg
Not sure which one you’re referring to, but you need memory capable mirrors in order for tilt in reverse to work, and auto fold side mirrors does not work on Ram trucks.

camaroz2866

Reaction score
Not sure which one you’re referring to, but you need memory capable mirrors in order for tilt in reverse to work, and auto fold side mirrors does not work on Ram trucks.

Tilt was factory on mine, I’m referring to the auto fold

Demeeder

Reaction score
Brand new to AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX+. Just installed via KAODTECH's security bypass. I am about to install larger tires and want to be prepared for the changes to the system. Understand that I will need the PIN. I thought this would be the easiest part. Using the app (via Android phone) connected via BT to the MX+. When I put in my model (2500), select RFH, and then my Control Unit (RF HUB, MY 2013-21 PowerNet)... I go to the Read Pin selection and press Start. I get "ECU has detected the request contains parameters with values outside the allowable range". Any thoughts would be appreciated as I scour the Googles.

Dave
2021 PW 75AE

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Brand new to AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX+. Just installed via KAODTECH's security bypass. I am about to install larger tires and want to be prepared for the changes to the system. Understand that I will need the PIN. I thought this would be the easiest part. Using the app (via Android phone) connected via BT to the MX+. When I put in my model (2500), select RFH, and then my Control Unit (RF HUB, MY 2013-21 PowerNet)... I go to the Read Pin selection and press Start. I get "ECU has detected the request contains parameters with values outside the allowable range". Any thoughts would be appreciated as I scour the Googles.

Dave
2021 PW 75AE
You dont need the PIN.
Look on youtube for how to change tire size.
The is a Charles something or other that walks you thru it and how to clear the codes/faults after changing it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score

Dave
2021 PW 75AE
The PIN can’t be read on a 2019+ Ram HD. You don’t need it, and you don’t need to do anything with the RF Hub.

Demeeder

Reaction score
You dont need the PIN.
Look on youtube for how to change tire size.
The is a Charles something or other that walks you thru it and how to clear the codes/faults after changing it.
Thanks!! I think I was starting to figure that out with the Googles. I was tracking the info on the tire size changes but thought I needed the pin to change the TPMS thresholds. Apparently that is not the case for the 2021. I appreciate your quick response!

Demeeder

Reaction score
The PIN can’t be read on a 2019+ Ram HD. You don’t need it, and you don’t need to do anything with the RF Hub.
Thanks... had not see that yet. Looks like TPMS thresholds don't need a PIN now either... right?

Does this mean I can't code a key since I can't read the pin on the 2019+?

Appreciate the quick reply.

Users who are viewing this thread