Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Bumper

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It hangs down too far for any trails that aren't basically roads. If you don't have this issue, or don't see it as an issue, then clearly it's not for you.

I don't have the need for a 72" wide 30" deep snap on toolbox with cabinets and overheads, but it doesn't make the concept of a large toolbox completely worthless, it just means it's outside of what I personally need. (although this is a terrible example because I do really want one…)
I have one snap off box its nice but i bought it decades ago i would never pay the prices they have now!

UglyViking

Reaction score
I have one snap off box its nice but i bought it decades ago i would never pay the prices they have now!
My buddy owns a diesel shop and got a brand new color matched epiq a little over a year ago. Probably the nicest toolbox I've ever laid hands on, but I think it cost around 10k. I have no problem spending a bit extra for something that is quality, and something that is made in the USA with USA materials (again, assuming it's quality), but SnapOn is just crazy over priced at the moment.

$247 for a 12pc set of 6pt sockets from snappy
$40 for a 12pc from HF (their Icon line, lifetime warranty)
$30 for a 12pc from Tekton

Snappy is made in the usa, Icon/Tekton is made in Taiwan. HF is incredibly convenient to swap out broken sockets, Tekton is super easy but has a little delay, Snappy is generally hard and you have to fight between whatever guy you deal with and the mothership.

I was holding out for SBD to bring the Craftsman MIUSA ratchets and sockets back as an option for non-bank-breaking MIUSA tools, but they just shut that down.

I'd be willing to pay close to double (but not double) for made in usa with usa materials tools, however it appears that it's an impossible task. Crazy considering Snappy made just under a billion net income in 2022, but god only knows how much HF made.

Bamaprof

Reaction score
Still in the preliminary stages of looking, but FFS... are there any non-Mad Max looking front bumpers out there I'm just not finding?
Just want a bumper that's a bit more substantial than OEM.

Don't need a winch... don't need a 10ft wide light bar... don't need a 'brush guard'... just a bumper, and for FFS, not diamond plate.. that's Boomer AF.
I can find decent looking rears, but the front... <face palm>
AEV

exiledinaz

Reaction score
I have found Rough Country has some "quiet" looking bumpers but functional.. The stock rear that i replaced was a paper weight compared . RC is not as thick as some others, but I wanted something that would at least repel a beer can and not get dented. It came with all the lights and harnesses. Poopy instructions but "you tube" to the rescue. They don't list one for the 3500 front bumper but I am told the mounting is the same for 2500/3500 but they haven't figured that out yet.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have found Rough Country has some "quiet" looking bumpers but functional.. The stock rear that i replaced was a paper weight compared . RC is not as thick as some others, but I wanted something that would at least repel a beer can and not get dented. It came with all the lights and harnesses. Poopy instructions but "you tube" to the rescue. They don't list one for the 3500 but I am told the mounting is the same for 2500/3500 but they haven't figured that out yet.
Nothing whrong with rough country they are pretty good for most things other than the fender liners really

Redfour5

Reaction score
I have found Rough Country has some "quiet" looking bumpers but functional.. The stock rear that i replaced was a paper weight compared . RC is not as thick as some others, but I wanted something that would at least repel a beer can and not get dented. It came with all the lights and harnesses. Poopy instructions but "you tube" to the rescue. They don't list one for the 3500 front bumper but I am told the mounting is the same for 2500/3500 but they haven't figured that out yet.
The guy who owns the place I got mine recommended the rough country rear bumper and said it was impossible to beat at under 700 bucks clean look and including the lights. https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-ram-rear-led-bumper-10786.html?find=2022-ram-2500-4wd-856080. He did say occasionally one will come in with brush marks, not perfect, and he said their biggest weakness is likely on the paint and you will likely be looking at re-finishing at 3 to 4 years... but at 650-700 bucks its no big deal and you are still way ahead of most rear bumpers.

Steelcraft has the "simplest" of front bumpers with the Fortis, at around 1200 bucks but its a bit rough and angular "Mad Maxish..." As others have mentioned, the best looking is the AEV bumper...but...get ready to pay and pay... Ranchhand has a somewhat simple "Midnight" bumper...still around 1600 bucks https://www.ranchhand.com/2019-2023-ram-2500-3500-midnight-front-bumper-mfd191bmn.html A company called "Westin" has one in the 1100 range that is somewhat low profile, https://www.westinautomotive.com/pro-mod-bumper/2022/ram/2500 You don't have to get the skidplate or put a light in...

NOW...if you change your mind and want ALL MAD MAX ALL THE TIME, here you go... https://fabfours.com/product/dodge-2500-3500-grumper-truck-bumper/

I started looking for low profile types but have a wife who actually wanted more mad maxish...along with one of them saving me from severe deer damage once. I ended up going with a Fab Four Matrix with the pre-runner bar... I kinda liked the AEV, just a bit more...

Oh, for those looking, to replace OEM and your OEM bumper came within six inches of something and dented in fear, the best place to get OEM replacement bumpers are at your local after market bumper shops. Some will practically give them to you in any color you want. some sell them for scrap metal... I'm serious... My guy said he'd go 75 bucks including all the parts in boxes... He has some guy coming in every so often and just carting them off for cents on the dollar for scrap.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The guy who owns the place I got mine recommended the rough country rear bumper and said it was impossible to beat at under 700 bucks clean look and including the lights. https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-ram-rear-led-bumper-10786.html?find=2022-ram-2500-4wd-856080. He did say occasionally one will come in with brush marks, not perfect, and he said their biggest weakness is likely on the paint and you will likely be looking at re-finishing at 3 to 4 years... but at 650-700 bucks its no big deal and you are still way ahead of most rear bumpers.

Steelcraft has the "simplest" of front bumpers with the Fortis, at around 1200 bucks but its a bit rough and angular "Mad Maxish..." As others have mentioned, the best looking is the AEV bumper...but...get ready to pay and pay... Ranchhand has a somewhat simple "Midnight" bumper...still around 1600 bucks https://www.ranchhand.com/2019-2023-ram-2500-3500-midnight-front-bumper-mfd191bmn.html A company called "Westin" has one in the 1100 range that is somewhat low profile, https://www.westinautomotive.com/pro-mod-bumper/2022/ram/2500 You don't have to get the skidplate or put a light in...

NOW...if you change your mind and want ALL MAD MAX ALL THE TIME, here you go... https://fabfours.com/product/dodge-2500-3500-grumper-truck-bumper/

I started looking for low profile types but have a wife who actually wanted more mad maxish...along with one of them saving me from severe deer damage once. I ended up going with a Fab Four Matrix with the pre-runner bar... I kinda liked the AEV, just a bit more...

Oh, for those looking, to replace OEM and your OEM bumper came within six inches of something and dented in fear, the best place to get OEM replacement bumpers are at your local after market bumper shops. Some will practically give them to you in any color you want. some sell them for scrap metal... I'm serious... My guy said he'd go 75 bucks including all the parts in boxes... He has some guy coming in every so often and just carting them off for cents on the dollar for scrap.
I am almost tempted to get the rough country and right away sand blast it and have it line-x coated i have the sand blaster so really the extra 200$ to line-x it is worth it to me.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I am almost tempted to get the rough country and right away sand blast it and have it line-x coated i have the sand blaster so really the extra 200$ to line-x it is worth it to me.
My guy said he'd stick with it like is and would only charge me not more than that to do it later as rear bumpers are easy...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My guy said he'd stick with it like is and would only charge me not more than that to do it later as rear bumpers are easy...
Thats what my quote was from line-x but im in canada where things cost more lol

exiledinaz

Reaction score

I'm not MAD MAX. I don't live in Deer country either....

Redfour5

Reaction score
I'm not MAD MAX. I don't live in Deer country either....
And why I provided the simplest examples I am aware of and what I was looking for originally... The other was in jest... I also thought of Mad Max when I saw that one Fab Fours one... It was like, nope, all lines crossed for me...

Users who are viewing this thread