Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Bumper

Redfour5

Reaction score
Strength and getting rid of the factory tinfoil
I went with a fab fours Matrix for the front, but on the recommendation of my installer (Auto Concepts) Helena MT, I went with the Rough Country rear bumper. Their front bumper isn't sticking it in your face AND, my installer says for the money/value, they can't be beat. The rear is 650 bucks including the cube lights. The front is like 1200 bucks so, you can get what you want both front and back for less than most front bumpers... The front seems to meet your criteria https://www.roughcountry.com/ram-front-led-bumper-10806a.html?find=2022-ram-2500-4wd-856080 This vid is of the back but has a short piece at the end on the front

Now my installer noted that his main issue is NOT how they are built. He said its a decent design for installation, good metal, adequate welding and has extras like the cube lights as part of the package. He noted that after about four years you may have to re-finish the powder coat as he is having to do on his truck AND upon occasion he will see grinder marks under the powder coat, but he noted, at the price and value and core quality, they can't be touched even if you have to re-finish after three or four years, you are still way ahead of the competition...

I would have gone with them but after having an Iron Cross pre-runner on a 1500 save my behind here in Montana from a wayward deer, I wanted a bit more protection and surprisingly my wife likes the "in your face" look... Oh I first got a bumper for the reason you noted. All you have to do is look real hard at the OEM bumpers and they show the hit.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I went with a fab fours Matrix for the front, but on the recommendation of my installer (Auto Concepts) Helena MT, I went with the Rough Country rear bumper. Their front bumper isn't sticking it in your face AND, my installer says for the money/value, they can't be beat. The rear is 650 bucks including the cube lights. The front is like 1200 bucks so, you can get what you want both front and back for less than most front bumpers... The front seems to meet your criteria https://www.roughcountry.com/ram-front-led-bumper-10806a.html?find=2022-ram-2500-4wd-856080 This vid is of the back but has a short piece at the end on the front

Now my installer noted that his main issue is NOT how they are built. He said its a decent design for installation, good metal, adequate welding and has extras like the cube lights as part of the package. He noted that after about four years you may have to re-finish the powder coat as he is having to do on his truck AND upon occasion he will see grinder marks under the powder coat, but he noted, at the price and value and core quality, they can't be touched even if you have to re-finish after three or four years, you are still way ahead of the competition...

I would have gone with them but after having an Iron Cross pre-runner on a 1500 save my behind here in Montana from a wayward deer, I wanted a bit more protection and surprisingly my wife likes the "in your face" look... Oh I first got a bumper for the reason you noted. All you have to do is look real hard at the OEM bumpers and they show the hit.
I will be building my own as i did with my jeeps. My issue for a front bumper and one of the reasons i cant go with the in your face look is i have a plow so i have to respect the OEM bumper profile some what

Poolmonkey

Reaction score

Oh man…those exhaust tips. Why???

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Thats a stock dual exhaust on some of the 1/2 tons… the video is a 1/2 ton bumper

I know…don’t know what they are thinking. My buddy thrashed his exhaust making a multipoint turn in camp this season.
You would think a TRX could get in and out of camp without serious damage, fcs.

ppine

Reaction score
I have no plans to hit anything and therefore are leaving the stock chrome bumpers.
People now seem very willing to spend thousands of dollars to hang crap on their trucks and call it a build.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I have no plans to hit anything and therefore are leaving the stock chrome bumpers.
People now seem very willing to spend thousands of dollars to hang crap on their trucks and call it a build.
You obviously do not live in Montana where hitting things running across the road removes the choices for you. Let's see, the wife and the Subaru and the deer once, Me, first bumper on 2015 and a deer that's two... Got new bumper, and lights and the small bumped deer that would have likely dented OEM, since all you gotta do is look hard at one to dent it, no problem...even the deer appeared to be OK from they way it was moving away... Oh, and the full on Elk going down to Gardiner in a semi snow storm. I did manage to stop about a foot in front of him. He didn't seem too happy about it.

So, a showy luxury for you... A necessity for many others. My wife decided on which one SHE wanted for the truck... So to each their own, I don't judge...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You obviously do not live in Montana where hitting things running across the road removes the choices for you. Let's see, the wife and the Subaru and the deer once, Me, first bumper on 2015 and a deer that's two... Got new bumper, and lights and the small bumped deer that would have likely dented OEM, since all you gotta do is look hard at one to dent it, no problem...even the deer appeared to be OK from they way it was moving away... Oh, and the full on Elk going down to Gardiner in a semi snow storm. I did manage to stop about a foot in front of him. He didn't seem too happy about it.

So, a showy luxury for you... A necessity for many others. My wife decided on which one SHE wanted for the truck... So to each their own, I don't judge...
Animal strikes are the only reason im thinking of making my own after the 10k in front end and side panel repairs on my 19.

map22364

Reaction score

I remember trips between Great Falls and Billings to visit wifes grandfather in the 90s when I lived there. Even cars had homemade battering rams.

Users who are viewing this thread