Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding EVIC Offroad Pages?

g00fy

Reaction score
You need to have a 2021+ cluster to get the off-road pages in the EVIC. I put a 2021 cluster in my 2019 and the off-road pages showed up, but they still need a newer airbag module in order to get the signals for the pitch and roll gauges to work.

kristof

Reaction score
Why are you bumping an old thread you've not participated in?

Use the Watch thread button. If you have a question, ask.

Please don't do that again.
Okay. "Will it work on 2020 tradesman?"
"Bump" or question serves the same purpose. To bring the thread back to life.

kristof

Reaction score
So I looked into settings and I found:
VehConfig 2: Off Road Capable
And the ones shown below. If I enable all 3 will I screw up something?
Screenshot_20230119_192322_AlfaOBD.png

Screenshot_20230119_192148_AlfaOBD.jpg

TxRam

Reaction score
I added them all and didn't mess anything up. Didn't do anything for me either, as I don't have the right gauge cluster. I disabled them once I figured out I'm too much of a peasant. I did successfully give myself front camera buttons while playing with the off-road settings though, so not a total loss.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
You need to have a 2021+ cluster to get the off-road pages in the EVIC. I put a 2021 cluster in my 2019 and the off-road pages showed up, but they still need a newer airbag module in order to get the signals for the pitch and roll gauges to work.
@g00fy I have a 7” Evic from a 2021 Powerwagon in my 2022 Tradesman. The build sheet from the powerwagon specifcally stated it had the off road pages, now if that meant in the Evic or radio I don’t know. But so far no luck enabling the Evic off road pages after installing it in my truck. Off road capable and off road pages set to yes in alfaobd. Any idea of another setting that may need enabling to get the Evic to show the page?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
@g00fy I have a 7” Evic from a 2021 Powerwagon in my 2022 Tradesman. The build sheet from the powerwagon specifcally stated it had the off road pages, now if that meant in the Evic or radio I don’t know. But so far no luck enabling the Evic off road pages after installing it in my truck. Off road capable and off road pages set to yes in alfaobd. Any idea of another setting that may need enabling to get the Evic to show the page?
You would need the 21 BCM aswell if im not mistaken

g00fy

Reaction score

Your BCM should be alright since you've already got a 2022 BCM, are you getting the offroad pages on your UConnect?

mattjackson86

Reaction score
I am not getting it in UConnect no, but I only have the tiny 3.5" or whatever basic radio screen.

Maybe (and you may know this already) enabling the setting in AlfaOBD tells the UConnect 8" or 12" radios to display off road pages, which in turn tell the 7" EVICs to display the Off Road Pages? So as I don't have the correct UConnect I am not seeing the EVIC pages? I thought I may be able to enable the config and get the pages in the EVIC at least.

g00fy

Reaction score
I am not getting it in UConnect no, but I only have the tiny 3.5" or whatever basic radio screen.

Maybe (and you may know this already) enabling the setting in AlfaOBD tells the UConnect 8" or 12" radios to display off road pages, which in turn tell the 7" EVICs to display the Off Road Pages? So as I don't have the correct UConnect I am not seeing the EVIC pages? I thought I may be able to enable the config and get the pages in the EVIC at least.

That's kinda where I was headed with my question. I have a feeling if you don't have a Uconnect capable of displaying the offroad pages, you probably won't be able to get them to work in the EVIC without it.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
Yup, seems like a safe assumption at this point. BCM tells UConnect to display the pages, which then tells the EVIC to also display pages. Good to be piecing this info together and learning whats needed in what order.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
For what it's worth- flipping the Off road capable and off road pages via AlfaOBD did not make the off road page available on the 8.4" UConnect screen on my 2022 Laramie. I do not have navigation or the offroad package.

I can see the offroad info on the 7" cluster EVIC. I haven't heard of anyone in my situation figuring out how to make them available on the UConnect screen though.

mikeyo15

Reaction score
The pages are part of the radio programming. They don't exist in the software before 2019 on the 12 inch uconnect 4c unit.

I have "enabled" them using Alpha ODB but they don't show up since they don't exist in the software.

It appears the only way to get them would be to upgrade your radio.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Where did you go to enable it. I have them and want to disable them they are messing with my tuner gauges locking them up because it’s looking for the same info that these damn off road pages are looking for.

mikeyo15

Reaction score
For what it's worth- flipping the Off road capable and off road pages via AlfaOBD did not make the off road page available on the 8.4" UConnect screen on my 2022 Laramie. I do not have navigation or the offroad package.

I can see the offroad info on the 7" cluster EVIC. I haven't heard of anyone in my situation figuring out how to make them available on the UConnect screen though.
Where did you do that on alpha I want to disable mine.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Where did you go to enable it. I have them and want to disable them they are messing with my tuner gauges locking them up because it’s looking for the same info that these damn off road pages are looking for.
That should not be an issue though… sounds like the tuner is the issue

joshuaeb09

Reaction score

My truck is a factory off-road package Larame that had come with the crappy UC5 8.4 W/O NAV that was also connected services deleted. I only had off road pages in the EVIC until I did the 12.1 UC5 upgrade, after the 1st reboot off road pages showed on the UConnect without any changes other than the center stack change required for the button changes. I'd suspect the only way offroad pages shows up in UConnect is going to be 8.4 w/NAV or 12.1 as they use the same module behind the screen. THe 8.4 w/o NAV is a much cheaper integrated screen/module design.

mikeyo15

Reaction score
That should not be an issue though… sounds like the tuner is the issue
Nope definitely the radio issue the off road pages are pulling gauge info at the same time mm3 knows the issue and they had a guy fox the problem by doing something with the radio. I am pretty sure this is what it is due to the off road pages gauge’s pulling same info as the tuner. Got a new one from mm3 and same issue due to the fact I fought I am paying for live data and I’m not getting it. So I just need to know how people enabled it so I can disable it I don’t use it

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Nope definitely the radio issue the off road pages are pulling gauge info at the same time mm3 knows the issue and they had a guy fox the problem by doing something with the radio. I am pretty sure this is what it is due to the off road pages gauge’s pulling same info as the tuner. Got a new one from mm3 and same issue due to the fact I fought I am paying for live data and I’m not getting it. So I just need to know how people enabled it so I can disable it I don’t use it
VehConfig 5: Off-Road Pages Present- NO

Users who are viewing this thread