Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding EVIC Offroad Pages?

g00fy

Reaction score
Fwiw, I added the Vehicle 5 off-road pages to my 2022 Tradesman. The only change I saw was the addition of a dedicated button for my front camera (tow tech option). Prior to that, the front camera only worked in conjunction with 360 view.
Do you have the big screen EVIC in the cluster? I was able to get offroad pages on the Uconnect 12 in my 2019 tradesman with the latest firmware and some teaks in AlfaOBD, but a lot of the gauges don't work, and I can't get the offroad pages on the large EVIC in my gauge cluster.

Last edited:

TxRam

Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't think I've tried. That will give me something to test. 3.5" EVIC. 8.4" noNav radio

Nd79

Reaction score
So how do the off road pages work? I thought they were on the radio screen. Do you have to select them through the EVIC?

I also have a tradesman with the 3.5 EVIC (2021) and was going to try to enable them when I get around to trying out Alfaobd. Doesn't sound like it'll work in my truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, I just saw a video with a 2022 3500 dually with air ride that has off-road pages...

@Jimmy07 I know you've been focusing on the UC5 upgrade, is there any progress with Alex/AlfaOBD on the possibility of seeing off-road pages and/or the forward camera on the 19-21 3500? P.S. We also found the trailer light check didn't work on my truck.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
FWIW, I just saw a video with a 2022 3500 dually with air ride that has off-road pages...

@Jimmy07 I know you've been focusing on the UC5 upgrade, is there any progress with Alex/AlfaOBD on the possibility of seeing off-road pages and/or the forward camera on the 19-21 3500? P.S. We also found the trailer light check didn't work on my truck.
I do know that the radio application version needs to be 39.x.x for off-road pages to be available on the radio. After that, I’m not exactly sure what makes them operate properly. It’s definitely only VehConfig 5 off road pages present that needs to be set to yes. I have them on my 2017, but the gauges are in metric, and the pitch/roll doesn’t work. Also, on each startup, it takes a few minutes for it to show up in the apps section, and it always populates as the last app on the last page, even if I previously moved it to the first page.
Alexey’s only input for all of those features is that the BCM isn’t capable. But, we know that a 2020 2500 and 3500 use the same BCM’s, so that doesn’t explain the front gridlines behavior. It’s possible there’s something different with the BCM between 2020 and 2021 for the trailer light check though.

I have an arduino in between the can ihs network and the CVPM on my 2017 so the surround view will function, and the front gridlines work for me. Let me see if I can flash the arduino to forward the D2 vehicle line (3500) to the CVPM instead of DJ vehicle line (2500). If our suspicions are correct, the front gridlines should stop working.

pdavey

Reaction score
@jimmy007 Is there any way to get your hands on the 39.x.x firmware?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score

What application version are you on now? I have a link to one, but will only work if you’re currently on 34.x.x

Jimmy07

Reaction score

This post should have everything you need to get updated-

pdavey

Reaction score
This post should have everything you need to get updated-
That update worked brilliantly.

pdavey

Reaction score
2019 Ram Power Wagon

Just in Uconnect on the 12 inch screen from what I can tell

It appears all the gauges work, but I haven't driven it yet. Will later and will report on it.

el_barto

Reaction score
I assume that 34.x.x firmware is only relevant to the 12” screen….Anyone been able to add the offroad pages to an 8.4?
AD013940-26C9-4F7C-8622-41AA65C609DA.jpeg9FDA0B25-FB27-4B8C-88B2-B4425711BB0C.jpeg

pdavey

Reaction score
2019 Ram Power Wagon

Just in Uconnect on the 12 inch screen from what I can tell

It appears all the gauges work, but I haven't driven it yet. Will later and will report on it.
Everything works except the pitch and roll from what I can tell. That said I haven't put it into 4 wheel low yet but bases on how our jeep works I don't think that is required.

I suppose the 2019s don't have that module built in.

Front camera with guidelines work
The axle and steering screen works and is accurate
The guages screen all works as well

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
Sorry to pull up an old thread, but at least it has the correct title!

I was able to get the off road pages added to my 12" Uconnect, but it looks like a lot of the gauges either dont work, or are way off (i.e. oil temp over 400 F). Any fix to this? Am I missing hardware? @Jimmy07

g00fy

Reaction score
Sorry to pull up an old thread, but at least it has the correct title!

I was able to get the off road pages added to my 12" Uconnect, but it looks like a lot of the gauges either dont work, or are way off (i.e. oil temp over 400 F). Any fix to this? Am I missing hardware? @Jimmy07
My 19 has the same problems, I suspect the oil pressure doesn't work since our 2019's only have a pressure switch for the oil pressure, and the gauge is simulated. As for the rest of them, i don't know why they don't work, probably because of missing BCM software or possibly missing software in the EVIC depending on where the Uconnect gets it's gauge info from.

I also suspect we can't get the offroad gauges in the cluster because of a limitation of the 2019 firmware in our clusters, which AFAIK cannot be updated, we'll have to swap in a 21+ cluster to get offroad pages in the EVIC. I don't know if upgrading the EVIC will also help with the inoperable gauges on the Uconnect.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
2020 3500 - mine doesn't show anything in the 7" EVIC.
Suspension (steering/xfr case) display works
Gauges work
Roll/pitch does not work. Reportedly not in the BCM or not supported which I find odd given all the other systems on board and support of hill descent (in supported trucks.) It must be looking for different/additional sensors.

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Everything works except the pitch and roll from what I can tell. That said I haven't put it into 4 wheel low yet but bases on how our jeep works I don't think that is required.

I suppose the 2019s don't have that module built in.

Front camera with guidelines work
The axle and steering screen works and is accurate
The guages screen all works as well

It's been a couple of months, any new updates on this or everything still good? No lingering issues from the update?

Blackhammer

Reaction score
I’m curious as well. Any new updates with getting everything working roll/pitch

arx237

Reaction score
I wonder if being listed as part of a service subscription on the Uconnect site has anything to do with it?

Users who are viewing this thread