Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding EVIC Offroad Pages?

el_barto

Reaction score
Has anyone looked into adding the offroad pages to the EVIC and/or Uconnect screen? Would like to add this to my 2019 Power Wagon.
Anyone know if this is possible and how? According to Rams website the EVIC Offroad pages are enabled on 2021 trucks with the offroad package, so I’m guessing there’s nothing Power Wagon specific/unique parts... I’m assuming it’s in the software using existing sensors/data...

CdnHO

Reaction score
There is an app in my radio screen that has the offroad pages. You may have to scroll over a couple of screens to find it. With a RWD dually I have little use for it but it's there.IMG_1149.JPGIMG_1150.JPG

Last edited:

pdavey

Reaction score
The pages are part of the radio programming. They don't exist in the software before 2019 on the 12 inch uconnect 4c unit.

I have "enabled" them using Alpha ODB but they don't show up since they don't exist in the software.

It appears the only way to get them would be to upgrade your radio.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

loveracing1988

Reaction score
The pages are part of the radio programming. They don't exist in the software before 2019 on the 12 inch uconnect 4c unit.

I have "enabled" them using Alpha ODB but they don't show up since they don't exist in the software.

It appears the only way to get them would be to upgrade your radio.

I have a 2020 with the non nav 8.4 and even after enabling them they didn't show up. Maybe you need the nav radio?

g00fy

Reaction score
I've been hunting for a copy of 2021+ firmware to upload and test out in my 2019, but my 2 sources for firmware say Uconnect has not released a 2021+ firmware to the dealers yet.

At this point though might be a waste of time with the Uconnect 5's coming, I'll probably look to swap out my Uconnect 4 module as soon as I can a Uconnect 5 module.

Last edited:

el_barto

Reaction score
So in theory if we can get a copy of the 2021 firmware, we can install it and enable the offroad pages? That seems like it might be easier/less expensive than upgrading to UC5.

what other features can we expect with the UC5 ? I’ve been pretty happy with the UC4 in the 8.4 screen.

g00fy

Reaction score
So in theory if we can get a copy of the 2021 firmware, we can install it and enable the offroad pages? That seems like it might be easier/less expensive than upgrading to UC5.

what other features can we expect with the UC5 ? I’ve been pretty happy with the UC4 in the 8.4 screen.
It'll definitely be less expensive to upgrade the firmware. However, it's still not known if the pre 2021 BCM will support the offroad pages. Getting the correct radio firmware might enable the pages in the radio, but the older BCM firmware might not support the features to give the radio the info it needs to use the offroad pages.

I ran into an example of this trying to enable the Trailer light check in my EVIC. 90% sure the Evic would support it, but the BCM itself did not support the feature so even though i enabled it, it didn't show up or work.

And unfortunately it seems the only way for the end user to upgrade the firmware in the BCM is to buy a new 2021 BCM.

pdavey

Reaction score
I can confirm that the option is in the BCM so likely radio firmware is all that is needed.

My cellular modem failed so they are installing a new radio in my PW this week. Not sure if it will have the new firmware but if it does I will report back my learnings.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I can confirm that the option is in the BCM so likely radio firmware is all that is needed.

My cellular modem failed so they are installing a new radio in my PW this week. Not sure if it will have the new firmware but if it does I will report back my learnings.

Not necessarily, just because the option is there in the BCM list, doesn’t mean it’ll work. I believe it is actually a limitation of AlfaOBD right now. There are certain settings for certain BCM variants that are defaulted to “signal not available”, and, while changing the setting in AlfaOBD to “yes” will be reflected, it’s not actually making the BCM broadcast that message. I have a 12” radio in my 2017 Ram, running a 2018 BCM and 2021 radio software, and I have the off-road pages working. BUT…I had to have someone program a man-in-the-middle board that is spoofing the message ID for those settings, because it won’t broadcast on it’s own by using AlfaOBD. Also, it took 2 settings for the pages to work- VehConfig 2: Off Road Capable, and VehConfig 3: Off Road Pages Present.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, just because the option is there in the BCM list, doesn’t mean it’ll work. I believe it is actually a limitation of AlfaOBD right now. There are certain settings for certain BCM variants that are defaulted to “signal not available”, and, while changing the setting in AlfaOBD to “yes” will be reflected, it’s not actually making the BCM broadcast that message. I have a 12” radio in my 2017 Ram, running a 2018 BCM and 2021 radio software, and I have the off-road pages working. BUT…I had to have someone program a man-in-the-middle board that is spoofing the message ID for those settings, because it won’t broadcast on it’s own by using AlfaOBD. Also, it took 2 settings for the pages to work- VehConfig 2: Off Road Capable, and VehConfig 3: Off Road Pages Present.

FWIW, I believe Off Road Capable disabled my power steps but I'd have to check again against my feeble memory.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I didn't realize you had a 2021, I wondered if your truck being Canadian might be the difference.
Not sure. I know we have some rough terrain here in Kanuckistan but I doubt it would be a Canadian thing. I know the cold weather stuff is standard here but can't see the off road stuff being unique to us. Never know how FCA decides this stuff. Most likely because it is a 21. Maybe some US folks with 21 trucks can chime in.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Might be cheaper to get top dollar for a used truck and order a 2022 :)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Might be cheaper to get top dollar for a used truck and order a 2022 :)

Problem is needing a truck for the summer/fall and all the mods and work that's gone into it... Tough call.

Then with a ZF 8 or 9 speed (rumor mill warning) and 5th gen cab coming in 2023... Even tougher call.

TxRam

Reaction score
Fwiw, I added the Vehicle 5 off-road pages to my 2022 Tradesman. The only change I saw was the addition of a dedicated button for my front camera (tow tech option). Prior to that, the front camera only worked in conjunction with 360 view.

Users who are viewing this thread