Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
What’s the procedure for checking the vents?

I know we’re looking for consistent temps across the dash vents, but are we looking for a certain temp drop below ambient?

Last summer I felt like my a/c was not as good as I wanted it to be, but I was coming from a king ranch so I didn’t really think too much about it.

I just got back from lunch and took the truck to check the temps. With the AC set to 68 degrees and the air only at the top, 82 on the passenger side, 110 on the drivers center. Houston we have a problem. I will be contacting the dealer to schedule and order the parts tomorrow.
Hello there! Please know that our team would be more than willing to assist during your upcoming dealer services in order to have this concern resolved. If additional support is needed, please do not hesitate to send over a private message for further assistance throughout your dealer service.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Hah0910

Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500 and is in the shop for the A/C poor cooling performance and the dealer is going to reflash the hvac unit for blend doors not working correctly. Is this correct

g00fy

Reaction score
Got my personal 2500 tradesman, back from having the tsb done, big improvement in blower force, can't comment on how cold it gets yet. But I can say that when I put my uconnect 12" & ATC retrofit back in, the auto climate control now works as it's supposed to. After the truck is warmed up, with the temp at 70 the vents very lightly blow room temperature air. Bump the temperature setting up a few degrees and the blower shifts to floor & defroster and starts pushing more hot air. Or if I turn the temp down a few degrees into the 60's the blower shifts to the main dash vents and starts blowing cool air at me. So nice to have an ATC that actually works as intended.

Hah0910

Reaction score
Bring a copy of the TSB and show them on the first page:

View attachment 13494

They don't have to diagnose diddly. Complaint = TSB performed. Period. The dealer isn't paying for it, FCA is.A

Bring a copy of the TSB and show them on the first page:

View attachment 13494

They don't have to diagnose diddly. Complaint = TSB performed. Period. The dealer isn't paying for it, FCA is.
Well service advisor looked at the paperwork today right before closing for 30 seconds and said Ill order the parts on Monday Fyi!! problem solved Thanks

Last edited:

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
Working with my dealer to get the TSB performed. They seemed really reluctant. Wanted to do a full diagnostic, etc before ordering any parts. I had it in last year for ac issues so I thought it would be a simple fix....we'll see how simple.

Dakrt23

Reaction score
Does anyone know how involved the repair is? I feel like a dash never goes back together the same as OE, rattles and stuff.

carlrx7

Reaction score
Although my A/C has been acting weird (low blower performance), i am also hesitant brining it into getting the dash removed.

jbncccb

Reaction score
Yes, the entire dash has to be removed. Another reason I'm holding out too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2019_Ram

Reaction score
Is there any way to know a truck has had this TSB done? A way to identify the different housings or able to see a different software number for the HVAC module?

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I am going to wait until the weather gets warmer and decide whether I can live with the A/C as it is now...They told me nothing was wrong with it last year although I had to drive around all summer with max air and the fan on high!

jbncccb

Reaction score
For what it's worth if you don't want to do the TSB or the heater core hose valve there is another option that helps.

Run your A/C in auto mode with the temperature set around 68. Avoid using the Max A/C button. I found last year mine provided colder air this way vs using manual controls. Not a fix, but it might make it tolerable.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
For what it's worth if you don't want to do the TSB or the heater core hose valve there is another option that helps.

Run your A/C in auto mode with the temperature set around 68. Avoid using the Max A/C button. I found last year mine provided colder air this way vs using manual controls. Not a fix, but it might make it tolerable.

Tradesman owner, I can't set my air to 68....Regulated only by the fan, when the hairs on my arms start to stand up, I lower the fan (Never happens in this truck)...When I start to feel moisture building in my shorts, I turn the fan up!! lol

Thanks, Sounds like a good tip for the folks with the fancy trucks though!

woody284

Reaction score
I noticed the blower doesn’t push much air on mine until around click 5,6,7. I put a temp gauge in each vent. The passenger side vent in the middle was 10 degrees colder than the driver side middle vent. If this was opposite it would be perfect. My wife and I are always fighting over the air as she is super cold natured anyway. I may bite the bullet and take it in.

Users who are viewing this thread