Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Is anyone elses just not blowing hard enough? Mine was cold in AZ summer, just felt that the blower on full was like other cars on medium at best. Here, I see people have temperature of outlet air problems. New HVAC box sounds like it might have something to do with the fan and hence volume.

Standard HVAC controls here.

I'm not going through all that tearing down just for more air volume that's for sure.

Do you have the "Auto" AC function? Sometimes that will blow a crazy volume of air. There is no manual control that will match it though. Odd. But I know the system can do it.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Mine is the standard poverty knob, no auto.

I wish they put this much effort into fixing the CP4 debacle if their willing to tear apart a dash and do a 7 hour job on 100,000+ vehicles just because the A/C takes longer than normal to cool.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

I wish they put this much effort into fixing the CP4 debacle if their willing to tear apart a dash and do a 7 hour job on 100,000+ vehicles just because the A/C takes longer than normal to cool.
Poverty Knob! LOL Coffee through the nose just now!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

It isn't that it takes longer to cool.. it simply doesn't cool because it doesn't blow cold enough.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I've been waiting on something like this for a year and a half, but after seeing what's required, I have my reservations. I've learned to live with the poor performing AC. Like most, I don't want them tearing into my truck. So far, I don't have rattles, etc. I have a feeling I might have a few after this repair.

RXBoost

Reaction score
I had this TSB done to my truck last week. Mine has the dual zone temp control and when on auto the left vent would be much warmer than the right. The AC has always blown plenty cold, but sometimes took 5 minutes to cool down. Only problem I am having now is there are some scratches in the clear plastic over the gauge cluster so Im trying to get that taken care of. Not sure how they could be so careless as to do that, but alas its a Dodge service dept, I shouldnt expect anything better. I was worried about a squeaky dash but there seems to be none of that.

g00fy

Reaction score
I just spoke to the parts guy at my dealership, I'm going to have them do the TSB on the 2019 5500 we bought for the shop, and i'll see if it makes enough difference to bother having it done on my personal 2500.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I just spoke to the parts guy at my dealership, I'm going to have them do the TSB on the 2019 5500 we bought for the shop, and i'll see if it makes enough difference to bother having it done on my personal 2500.
Please let us know how it turns out.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
First post of someone having it done results in interior damage.

Yep. I'm good. I'll deal with what I got.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
If something is damaged hold them accountable and get it replaced.

Pretty much.... take pictures before in case they balk at fixing the damage.

Reaction score
I just saw this thread. I am going to o call my local dealer and schedule this TSB. My A/C sucks in the summer! Fan seems to run high to blow more air. Ill photo and video the hell out of the interior so I can document any scratches. As soon as I know when they will get it in I will post more.

el_barto

Reaction score
Yeah I should be able to turn on the truck in the middle of a hot summer day, turn the AC to full blast, and become a meat Popsicle.

Last summer I’d have to drive with the windows down and keep the fan low for a while before it would be cool enough to turn up the fan. And even then it was never freezing me out.

i hate the idea of techs ripping the dash off for this job, but it’s a necessary fix in my opinion

5C76167A-1E09-4FD7-8308-62E437BC69F3.gifOctober 2019 Build MY2019 2500 Power Wagon, Level 1(heated seats and steering wheel, but 8.4 radio with single zone HVAC/“poverty knobs”)

Last edited:

jakalafus

Reaction score
I waited till now to go get the TSB done, didn't want be the first. I called the dealer and they said they needed to run diagnostics on it before they can do the TSB. He said temp difference between vents and also part numbers are part of the equation to get approval to get the TSB done. Approval??? Guess we will see. My AC is horrible. I picked my truck up June of 2019 so I thought it would be a done deal. Guess we will see...

Users who are viewing this thread