Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

`22 Dually Missing Splash Guards

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I am actually considering spraying some Rust-oleum Bed liner in there and calling it a day.
I was thinking the same thing....then installing those two covers that my dealer ordered....as @mbarber84 mentioned for added protection with gravel, chips etc...flying up and hitting in that area. The rust-oleum bed liner stuff would be better than having no protection at all.....in that area.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing....then installing those two covers that my dealer ordered....as @mbarber84 mentioned for added protection with gravel, chips etc...flying up and hitting in that area. The rust-oleum bed liner stuff would be better than having no protection at all.....in that area.
I just know it's going to be one of those things that's going to take some work to get the dealer to understand.

Iam running low on patience as I get older!

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
That is the same exact fender well liner you currently have on your 2022 Ram DRW. The number that you need for the center piece that's missing is........ The part number for the splash guard center section is 68061033AA. I got this from post #9 on this thread.
I did a quick search and didn’t see it. Thank you for finding it for me. My service manager is going to look into it.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Thought about doing that on the top side of it myself . I think it’ll work real nice.
I was informed today by the dealer that my VIN does not allow for that center part to be ordered.

They had another customers dually that was there and it had them...it was a repo truck so Iam not sure why that truck would have them and not mine?

But Iam not going pursue it....just get some bedtime on it.

Pulling it

Reaction score
I was informed today by the dealer that my VIN does not allow for that center part to be ordered.

They had another customers dually that was there and it had them...it was a repo truck so Iam not sure why that truck would have them and not mine?

I seen a 2500 at the dealership that was open on the top also and the one next to it was all enclosed. Both were 2022 Laramie’s. I asked my salesmen he had no clue. That was before my dually came in. Just don’t make sense.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I seen a 2500 at the dealership that was open on the top also and the one next to it was all enclosed. Both were 2022 Laramie’s. I asked my salesmen he had no clue. That was before my dually came in. Just don’t make sense.
They had one 2022 Laramie SRW that was open...they had one 2500 and it was open.
The dually that had the center part was a Bighorn... maybe a 2019.

Pulling it

Reaction score
They had one 2022 Laramie SRW that was open...they had one 2500 and it was open.
The dually that had the center part was a Bighorn... maybe a 2019.
Seems like if they have them on hand they put them in. If they don’t have them too bad. I’m still waiting to hear from dealer if I have to pay for splash guards or not. They were going to try to charge Chrysler. Under warranty or something.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

A 2022 vin number will not work.

They have to look it up from a model year 2021 or older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like if they have them on hand they put them in. If they don’t have them too bad. I’m still waiting to hear from dealer if I have to pay for splash guards or not. They were going to try to charge Chrysler. Under warranty or something.

I highly doubt any dealer will have them on hand. They have to come from the regional parts warehouse. Mine took about a week to arrive.
My dealer (or Ram) covered the cost. I didn’t ask too many questions nor did I make a fuss. Just simply asked why they weren’t there, showed them what should’ve been there, and waited patiently. I hope your dealer does the same for you. At worst, I think the panels are $40/$50 a piece.

sstoner911

Reaction score
A 2022 vin number will not work.

They have to look it up from a model year 2021 or older.

Well, I guess that is fine if I want to pay for for them..but honestly I am not to concerned about it. It's mostly cosmetic anyway...Iam sure there is a small level of protection but there a lot of trucks will no whell well liners at all.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I highly doubt any dealer will have them on hand. They have to come from the regional parts warehouse. Mine took about a week to arrive.
My dealer (or Ram) covered the cost. I didn’t ask too many questions nor did I make a fuss. Just simply asked why they weren’t there, showed them what should’ve been there, and waited patiently. I hope your dealer does the same for you. At worst, I think the panels are $40/$50 a piece.

My dealer had one on hand...he said they are on back order now.

Pulling it

Reaction score

The dealer had them in two days. Then I gave them the parts # for the screws that you sent me Thank you again. Worst case scenario is I would have to pay cost. I think my salesmen will come through I’ve bought 6 vehicles from him.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
The dealer had them in two days. Then I gave them the parts # for the screws that you sent me Thank you again. Worst case scenario is I would have to pay cost. I think my salesmen will come through I’ve bought 6 vehicles from him.

No problem, I’m glad you were able to use the info to get them. I guess most of this is a mix of personal preference and also how much your dealer is willing to work with you. I’m very thankful they got the parts and ate the cost. It’s a small detail thing, but I think it’s pretty ridiculous to pay $90k+ and have a truck shipped with parts that are obviously omitted. Either change the wheel liner to make it look complete, or furnish the part that goes in the blank space. It’s like buying a $90,000 jigsaw puzzle with one of the center pieces missing. Literally looks like the panel fell off going down the road

Pulling it

Reaction score
No problem, I’m glad you were able to use the info to get them. I guess most of this is a mix of personal preference and also how much your dealer is willing to work with you. I’m very thankful they got the parts and ate the cost. It’s a small detail thing, but I think it’s pretty ridiculous to pay $90k+ and have a truck shipped with parts that are obviously omitted. Either change the wheel liner to make it look complete, or furnish the part that goes in the blank space. It’s like buying a $90,000 jigsaw puzzle with one of the center pieces missing. Literally looks like the panel fell off going down the road

Yes it does look like it fell off. lol Everything is more money for less.

sstoner911

Reaction score

I honestly didn't even notice until this thread...unless you down looking in that area you may never know. I wonder how many people don't realize it's missing.

Pulling it

Reaction score
I honestly didn't even notice until this thread...unless you down looking in that area you may never know. I wonder how many people don't realize it's missing.
Lol probably a lot. I noticed it on a dually on the lot 6 weeks before mine came in. I always notice **** like that though. Sometimes I wish I didn’t notice everything because I have a hard time to let things go.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Got mine installed today. I forgot to order the push-pins when I ordered the splash shields, but luckly I found some at work that fit.

Attachments

• 20211229_195358.jpg
    20211229_195358.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211229_195431.jpg
    20211229_195431.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211229_195255.jpg
    20211229_195255.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 56

Thisnthat

Reaction score

pull up the window sticker of any Chevy/GMC truck or SUV hitting the lots these days and it’s comical. Removing steering wheel lock, removing the Stop/start function, heated seats and steering wheels that don’t heat now but sometime in the future you have to take it back in and they’ll install a module or something for it to work…and then GM gives a $50 credit. Unreal what is going on in the auto industry

Users who are viewing this thread